TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch Position to Start the Car

ShelbyLee

I've meant to ask this question for some time but never did so am wondering if mine is typical:

To start the car of course , one needs to push in the clutch. For me, I need to push it into the firewall with a little added force (say 5 lbs) to get it to allow the starter to turn over. If I just push it in to engage the clutch, the car will not start. If I push the clutch to the touch the firewall barely, it will not start. It's not until I add a little force does it turn over. Is this typical for everyone?

If not typical, is this easily adjusted?

I've meant to ask this question for some time but never did so am wondering if mine is typical:

To start the car of course , one needs to push in the clutch. For me, I need to push it into the firewall with a little added force (say 5 lbs) to get it to allow the starter to turn over. If I just push it in to engage the clutch, the car will not start. If I push the clutch to the touch the firewall barely, it will not start. It's not until I add a little force does it turn over. Is this typical for everyone?

If not typical, is this easily adjusted?

Definately not right & it is adjustable, is your car still under warranty if so let the dealer do it.

Archived