TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 1969-70 style Hood

I think a old-school look back to the 1969-70 style GT350 and GT500 vent hoods would be nice on the newer Shelbys ,,yes with the twist locks too . the newer shelbys would look badass to say with that hood and how about a chrome or billet brush aluminum grille ring around the inside of the grille ,,kinda like the old school Shelbys ,,I will post pictures later of what I mean .

I think a old-school look back to the 1969-70 style GT350 and GT500 vent hoods would be nice on the newer Shelbys ,,yes with the twist locks too . the newer shelbys would look badass to say with that hood and how about a chrome or billet brush aluminum grille ring around the inside of the grille ,,kinda like the old school Shelbys ,,I will post pictures later of what I mean .

,,,, :camera: ,,,, Like this ,, 1969ShelbyGT500Red.jpg , :salute:

1969ShelbyGT500Red.jpg

Ya ,, alot of mustang guys and girls ,, I think would like a nice Shelby style grille to fit the 2005-2009 Mustangs ,still a very big market out there for such a thing ,, there is a metal / aluminum ring around the CS8 grille I have on my car ,,see picture attached to this post ,,,,,,, Shelby still makes the grille outside housing ,,so just need to make a grille face with the brush aluminum ring for the inside ,,I say ,,just replace the black painted grille inside trim ring on the old CS8 grille / and or CS6 / Terlingua grille and make a billet brush or chrome replacement ,,that will make the cent of the grille " pop " and stand out more like the older 1969-70 Shelby GT350 / GT500. ,,,,,,, :camera: ,,,,,477555-R1-24-1A.jpg,,, :salute:

477555-R1-24-1A.jpg

My CS8 grille being put together a few years back ,,,,, the black paint outer edge ring with the screws in it ,,is what I'm talking about ,,and can be removed on this grille , :camera: , 477281-R1-10-15A.jpg,, I know this grille has the light holes for the PIAA lite kit ,,but ,,,look pass that and think of a hole less grille like the Terlingua have ,,but with a brush aluminum or chrome plated ring that screws on like the CS6 and CS8 grille .

477281-R1-10-15A.jpg

YES ,,, I know what your thinking ,,Shelby already sales this one :camera: ,,,,,S5MB-8200-C-3T.jpg,, but I'm thinking kinda ,with not so much bling from the center ,,maybe paint simi - flat black ,like CS6 and CS8 grille ,,and the ring have the holes for the screws the match the lower brake bezel ,,just my late nite rambling :hysterical:

S5MB-8200-C-3T.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived