TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby f150 Supersnake truck

supersnake junkie

Hi everyone, this may have been discussed before but i thought i would ask anyway! What happened to the f150 supersnake truck that Shelby used for displays at shows and events? Also how many were produced during its short lived life? I still find it an appealing truck and would love to know if any current owners want to sell one! I really like different!

Hi everyone, this may have been discussed before but i thought i would ask anyway! What happened to the f150 supersnake truck that Shelby used for displays at shows and events? Also how many were produced during its short lived life? I still find it an appealing truck and would love to know if any current owners want to sell one! I really like different!

Its still here at Shelby American. In fact you'll usually see it parked in front of the museum M-F.

On a related note the F-150 SS truck was turned into a DIY kit sold thru SPP. See link below.

http://www.shelbystore.com/category-s/35.htm

Steve

Thanks Steve, the last 2 years that i have been down it was'nt at the museum(last time being in May,the morning after Carroll peaased away) I have only seen it once and that was at the first BJ in Orange county. I guess that it is no longer available as a post title build ?

Its still here at Shelby American. In fact you'll usually see it parked in front of the museum M-F.

Every time I've been there (and that's quite a lot) it was parked inside the main shop, far right corner.

Phill

if i heard correctly they only made 6 F150 SS, number 6 was on ebay maybe 7/8 months ago, he wanted 60000 for it.

wish they would bring it back again, maybe a Shelby Truck that could be sold at Dealers instead of getting a F150 sent out to Vegas?

Yes i agree! I wonder what it sold for(if it sold!) i live in Canada so bringing such vehicles into the country might not meet the transport Canada criteria,so having some available through dealers would be awesome,kinda like they did with the Foose truck of a few years ago.

If I realized it was a DIY kit and still available when I had my 06 I might have went that route instead of the Raptor, oh well.

F-150 SS vs. F-150 Raptor.

Apples and Oranges. The Raptor is a street legal "Desert Race Truckr", the SS is a aesthetically modified street truck.

Phill

Heehee,we seem to have lots of mixed emotions on this Lol ! I am pn my second Raptor now but i reslly fancied the cool rendition of a Shelby style truck to complement my love of the Superdnake mustsng. Dont get me wrong, i love the Raptor but the thought of cruising down to the mall or going to shows in it is so appealing!

Heehee,we seem to have lots of mixed emotions on this Lol ! I am pn my second Raptor now but i reslly fancied the cool rendition of a Shelby style truck to complement my love of the Superdnake mustsng. Dont get me wrong, i love the Raptor but the thought of cruising down to the mall or going to shows in it is so appealing!

I had a 2011 F-150 4x4 King Ranch that I traded in on my 2012 F-150 "Race Red" Raptor. The KR was a SPECTACULAR truck with every option you could get (other than the Platinum).

I also have a 2010 GT500 "Kona Blue/white" Coupe with quite a few exterior goodies on it (SS quarter window scoops, FoMoCo side scoops, Roush side splitters, KR Alcoa wheels, red accent stripes on the OTT stripes, etc.).

I can park either one of them at any given time at any given public parking lot and the Raptor *always* draws a crowd and/or compliments.

The King Ranch rarely did. The Shelby only from Mustang fans.

But the Raptor ALWAYS does.

And I had the optional 20" King Ranch wheels on my KR (somewhat similar to the F-150 SS wheels) along with the chrome floorboards, etc.

Phill

I had a 2011 F-150 4x4 King Ranch that I traded in on my 2012 F-150 "Race Red" Raptor. The KR was a SPECTACULAR truck with every option you could get (other than the Platinum).

I also have a 2010 GT500 "Kona Blue/white" Coupe with quite a few exterior goodies on it (SS quarter window scoops, FoMoCo side scoops, Roush side splitters, KR Alcoa wheels, red accent stripes on the OTT stripes, etc.).

I can park either one of them at any given time at any given public parking lot and the Raptor *always* draws a crowd and/or compliments.

The King Ranch rarely did. The Shelby only from Mustang fans.

But the Raptor ALWAYS does.

And I had the optional 20" King Ranch wheels on my KR (somewhat similar to the F-150 SS wheels) along with the chrome floorboards, etc.

Phill

I sold my Raptor for more reasons then one but when I bought mine it was my first SVT vehicle and was hoping for some limited edition and not many around. I had a 2010 Blue Flame with the 6.2 and some goodies, I loved it and still do but they are getting to be a regular around here. Think next truck for me a diesel or ECO lol. I think the Raptor helps draw a crowed cause the size lol (i miss it).

I checked out a 2013 Roush edition Raptor supercrew. Truck is absolutely awesome. The msrp was $68k. The dealer was offering $1500 off. I think Shelby should come out with a Shelby SS Raptor. 650hp, AWD, hi performance exhaust, roll bar, offer a Terlingua

Racing package! Cosmetically, offer one off wheels, special interior accents, patented Shelby stripe,

On a related note the F-150 SS truck was turned into a DIY kit sold thru SPP. See link below.

http://www.shelbysto...tegory-s/35.htm

Steve

SO, if you build the F150 SS as a DIY, will it get into the Registry? I remember Amy saying that the CS6 & CS8 wont be in the Registry UNLES it is built at SAI.

SO, if you build the F150 SS as a DIY, will it get into the Registry? I remember Amy saying that the CS6 & CS8 wont be in the Registry UNLES it is built at SAI.

DIY or Mod Shop CS6/8 cars are eligible for entry into the Shelby American Registry after a strict verification process. In a nutshell the CS6/8 must be built exactly as SAI designed them, owner must submit copies of parts receipts and photos of the completed car. There can be no be no deviations from how Shelby designed the cars. Once verified the car then is added to the registry.

I can certainly check with the team to see if this procedure could also be applied to the F-150 SS truck. But the bigger question is are all the F-150 SS parts still available from SPP?

Steve

I'm sure somebody from Shelby will probably confirm your question, but i would think that you are right by saying that it would only go in the registry if it is built at the Vegas factory. As they stoped converting the truck a while ago thre are a very few rare trucks out there! As far as a DIY project goes, i cant see any parts such as badging , interior upgrades etc on the list, so it cant be done to the max as the post title build. Im still tempted to think of doing my own build in the color choice that i want as well as possibly doing a 4X4 option(which was not an option on the Vegas Build!

Archived