TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger Sorel Departs From Shelby American

Staff

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger was a great guy from shelby, sorry to hear him go.

He always treated me in a 100% professional manner. However, I always dealt with him on a customer type basis, not a subordinate/employee manner.

How he treated employees is nobody's business except his and the employee. That's not for the public to decide. His "pubic" role is what the public has a say in (since he is/was a 'public figure' or "the face" of Shelby, in the public eye).

Phill

BUDMAN............... :superhero:

You have made becoming a Shelby owner a wonderful experience.

Got a question at 4 in the morning.........call Bud.

Need advise on a mod............................call Bud.

Feeling down and need cheering up......call Bud.

Thank you for being you and for being my friend.

A very Merry Christmas and fantastic New Year to you and your family.

Well said.......Bud made my Shelby experience incredible and I am honored to call him my friend......for all time.

Merry Christmas Bud!

Hope to see you at Carlisle, maybe even the Wicked Nats! :salute:

He always treated me in a 100% professional manner. However, I always dealt with him on a customer type basis, not a subordinate/employee manner.

How he treated employees is nobody's business except his and the employee. That's not for the public to decide. His "pubic" role is what the public has a say in (since he is/was a 'public figure' or "the face" of Shelby, in the public eye).

Phill

when those employees are your friends...then I beg to differ.........

you screw people and stab them in the back on the way up....

expect people to be cheering as you pass on the way down......its called karma......

and its going to get you!

when those employees are your friends...then I beg to differ.........

you screw people and stab them in the back on the way up....

expect people to be cheering as you pass on the way down......its called karma......

and its going to get you!

I completely understand, and "somewhat" agree.

I say "somwhat" agree because like everything else in life, there are *always* TWO SIDES to every story. And with it being a close/personal friend, the one side of the story that you are hearing is going to be that much more.....uhhhhh, hmmm. How can I say it...More 'credible' (iin YOUR mind!)??? You're going to give his/her side of the story that much more credibility and include the emotional aspect of it at the same time. It's hard to try and describe but you will belive your friends side MUCH more than the other side. And it may or may not be more valid or credible.

For instance; My best (and longest) friends wife decided to divorce him. I wasn't a real big fan of hers right from the get-go so in my mind, she was already standing at the plate with a full count.

I heard his side of the story but never heard hers. This was back when Myspace was 'flavor of the month' and I was just starting my first Myspace page. I couldn't find his page because of some stupid screen name he used but I found hers easy enough and befriended her so I could find some other common friends we all had together. At some point in time he found my page and saw that I had HER as a contact but not HIM. He flipped out, got all kind'a butt hurt, was asking a bunch of immature elementary school kind of questions such as "did I ask HER to be a friend or did she ask ME?" and a few other similar types of Q's. I deal with bad behaviour typiccally in two ways. Just like training a dog, you can either ignore it or punish it. He was too big to put over my knee and give a good ol' fashioned ass whoppin' so I IGNORED it.

Apparently he felt that I should have sided with HIM, based solely on HIS side of the story because.......Well, "JUST BECAUSE"! I mean, to heck with not taking EITHER side and staying neutral or to heck with taking HER side (because both sides did have their valid points!). He seemed to think that I should have just taken him at his word, sided up to him and SCREW HER! (and not in the literal sense either).

He unfriended me and from what she said, he was raising so much stink about me having her on my friends list it that she eventually had to unfriend me too, just to shut him up!

I continued to ignore his childish antics and he finally came around to reality. We continue to be best friends & Brothers today.

My point is, there ARE two sides to every story and the "truth" typically lies right in the middle of the two (I assume you are referring to Bud/Roger). If you simply take one side over the other then you are truly doing a disservice and/or injustice to all of the parties involved...Bud, Roger and yourself. Hell, you might be right on the money but without knowing the full story, you will never know for sure (either way).

Phill

Bud is but one pedal in a bouquet of back stabbing affairs the bride tossed into the faces of people who once called him friend...........

and trust me, there are absolutely no misunderstandings about exactly what was done and by whom.......

and you are correct, the details are none of anyones business that isnt already privy to them.....

however.... the contempt for the perpetrator by those who already know the truth.........that is real and justified......

hence the cheers.

Bud is but one pedal in a bouquet of back stabbing affairs this bride tossed into the faces of people who once called him friend...........

and trust me, there are absolutely no misunderstandings about exactly what was done and by whom.......

and you are correct, the details are none of anyones business that isnt already privy to them.....

however.... the contempt for the perpetrator by those who know that already know the truth.........that is real and justified......

hence the cheers.

+100

FINALLY read though all this! Wow!

I realize it's hard...but my recommendation is to try and separate the company from the people and personalities. You can love a company's products and still believe you know better how to run it.

There was an old sales adage that went "people do business with people they like." While I think that's still true I wonder if it's less important now in this age where people conduct business sometimes never meeting in person. In other words as long as I get my parts as promised, and I can get the car I ordered at the price and of the quality I desire, I'm good. Heck, I have enough of my own company business to deal with without getting caught up in generated drama on another company's forum. :-)

I have to think that running a small company is hard, worse a "cult brand" and when difficult decisions need to be made that at times have a negative impact on well liked individuals, but are believed to be in the best interest of the company overall, they can be perceived by the brand enthusiasts as bad. It's a natural tendency and we just need to recognize that and try not to get too caught up in the stories and such.

We don't know what's going on day to day running the business at SA and anything said here, and elsewhere around the forums, is speculation based upon speculation of others, which was based upon rumors of a few, further based upon some past events, which themselves are now seen through the lens of speculation and rumor.

I choose to respect the individuals involved privacy, not speculate or comment, and wish them MUCH success in their future roles. Like my 7 years at Apple it's a rare privilege to work at a "cult brand" company and like me, I don't believe anyone involved at SA would trade that for anything either.

All of the individuals mentioned are and will be missed, I hope as many are Shelby owners, they won't go far, and that's all I'm going to say.

As a fellow enthusiast, not a "moderator", I would recommend you try to do the same.

Bud is but one pedal in a bouquet of back stabbing affairs the bride tossed into the faces of people who once called him friend...........

however.... the contempt for the perpetrator by those who already know the truth.........that is real and justified......

hence the cheers.

apparently this needs reposting.........

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to see that Roger has left Shelby American. He had a passion for all things Shelby and was an asset to the company. He helped me with the conversion on my GT/SC, especially when the conversion started to go south. I credit Roger with the final chapter in the completion of my car and making everything right in the end.

I'll miss Roger Sorel - he was definitely the straw that stirred the drink. Hopefully Gary Davis can hang in there for a while longer, because once he's gone, you might as well turn off the lights.

Roger has announced that he is now the Sales Director for the Tasca Ford Mod Shop. So the move across the Country has found him a new position continuing in the same line of work on some of the same cars. So great news for Tasca and Roger. I for one wish Roger great success in his new role at Tasca. So all of you out East can now work with Roger on any Shelby conversions done at Tasca. Looks like a win win for many in this change.

Roger has announced that he is now the Sales Director for the Tasca Ford Mod Shop. So the move across the Country has found him a new position continuing in the same line of work on some of the same cars. So great news for Tasca and Roger. I for one wish Roger great success in his new role at Tasca. So all of you out East can now work with Roger on any Shelby conversions done at Tasca. Looks like a win win for many in this change.

Spoke to him this evening. It's a very good fit. Roger can enjoy his family AND his passion for high-performance automobiles. Win-Win.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

GO ROGER....... :yahoo::cheerleader::dance: I'm so happy for you....... :happy feet: :happy feet: Now I know for sure I'll run into you at the Tasca show....... :)

Archived