TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White SGT for sale in NY

FILF

My buddy is thinking about buying this SGT on Craigslist. http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/3458233634.html

Just thought I would put some feelers out there for what you guys think and if anyone knows any history on this beauty. Only 700 miles I doubt there is much of a history though!

Thanks in advance,

Matt

I looks as though the hood scoop is original. I would check that and get with Ford/SA to see if the car still qualifies for a warranty replacement or what it will cost out-of-pocket. Jer can tell us perhaps if the new scoops are even still in stock. Bit it's for sure something I would get done.

Thanks for the info. Already warned him about the hood scoop and the stripes he knows about since he has seen mine :( The stripes are actually on my winter project list.

Also looking at the front of the car the stripe on the left bumber looks like there is a pretty decent size scuff on it but that may just be the picture. What do you guys think about the price?

Google search shows the phone number is potentialy a body shop. Could be nothing, however, further review may be neccesary.

That body shop comes up under Results for similar searches so I don't believe its the same person.

07SGT0031 was shipped to a New York dealership. Price seems to be in the ballpark considering the mileage.

On a related note, this SGT was one of the first 25 cars to arrive at SAI back in December 2006.

If your buddy is looking for a white SGT then I would say this is a very good candidate and that he should go look at it.

Steve

Much appreciated Steve, I just relayed that info over to my friend. On a side note my wife Kami said she had a great conversation with you the other day, I'll be ordering a new window sticker to forward over to my insurance company in the next day or two.

Much appreciated Steve, I just relayed that info over to my friend. On a side note my wife Kami said she had a great conversation with you the other day, I'll be ordering a new window sticker to forward over to my insurance company in the next day or two.

Glad that we were able to assist :)

Steve

The Sandy sale phenomenon that seems to be happening around this area was the first thing I brought up to my friend and yes I do believe the "signed by Carrol Shelby" is just the dash plaque since the seller can't even bother to spell his name correctly.

Aside from the visual inspection, a 6 year old car with <1,000 miles can have problems.

Was the oil ever changed? If so, when in the mileage/driving history? How and where was it stored?

Chek the AC compressor as the seals can dry if not run enough.

If purchased I would flush all fluids first tihing; brake fluid is often over looked.

Not driving a car is as bad as over driving one.

Great detective work! My friend tried calling the number last night and it was ringing to a Verizon recording that the call can't be completed. He's going to try calling again today but now he is also thinking about this one: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3402079808.html Price seems a bit high though.

I just sent him the link for the 40th anniversary for sale in NJ in this thread: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78614-07xl0215-for-sale/page__hl__%2B40th+%2Bsale

Archived