TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member Question

Centreville Motors

Good Morning to the Shelby Community!

Guys and Gals, I have a question maybe you can help me with. I am a Manager at a Small Dealership in Mississippi. My Boss/Owner was lucky enough to win the Shelby lottery back in 2007 to receive one of the 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500KR, (#0847.) I think when he purchased it originally he had every intention of selling it, however he was over come with emotion and has held on to it. He has kept it in our showroom since the day it came to us. The odometer reads 8 miles, never road driven, never titled and has never left the inside of our walls! To say this is his baby is an understatement.

Now for the question, As a new memeber I dont know if it is approriate or not to list on your forums that he now is ready to sell it. Is that allowed here? I will wait to post pictures and to list more details after I get a reponse from the members of this board. We have an idea on what we want and need to sell it for, however suggestions would be nice. I am not sure about this but it might be the last of the 2008 40th, GT500KR still left Untitled, Undriven and considered BRAND NEW.

Also if any of you have suggestions on the best place to list this, it would help considerably. Thanks for reading and look forward to your response's!

Joe

here's a copy and paste from the GT500 classified section.... I would suggest you start here.... Good luck with the sale!

Effective 16 August 2012, the posting of classified ads are for non commercial purposes only. This excludes Ford Motor Company dealers selling vehicles and private parties. If you are a commercial entity wishing to become an authorized advertiser, please contact us here.

Important Rules:

• You MUST post a price for each item listed in your topic or post.

• You MUST include a contact method - either an e-mail address or phone number.

• You MUST include your location (and the location of the parts if different from your location).

• Topic "hi jacking" is strictly prohibited.

Non-compliance with these rules will result in your ad being deleted and/or your account being suspended or removed.

TestGT, Its Black. We have it listed for $125k here at the dealership now, however we are willing to dip into the $98k range right now. Thank you Doug GT, I appreciate the help! We are a Ford Dealership, I will dig deeper into the classified section! Thanks so far for the help.

Hey thanks for the input thus far. I am not disagreeing with you as far as selling it and the prices that are moving them right now, We have had 2 different offers a little higher then that but not by much. We have more invested in the vehicle then the offers. Hopefully the market will turn in the next few years. Nothing we have to do immediately!

So I guess what I am hearing is that ebay is prob the best place to list it.

I would say eBay is the best place for this, or you could try one of the high end auctions in Scottsdale next month, or in Pebble Beach in summer, that is when the money is in the room and competition and emotion takes over. My opinion is that they made too many of the modern GT500KRs, and the sticker price was outrageous too. It reminds me of the 1978 Corvette Pace Car Edition. Many people (maybe almost a thousand) bought them (including some dealers) and left them "in the wrapper", untitled, un-driven, and they have been trickling them out for sale over the decades. These cars still struggle to get much above $20K (not much over original sticker, which was only a few thou above the base Corvette), even in low double digit miles, pristine condition. Just not enough demand and too many cars out there for sale. Good luck.

All great advice! Thanks everyone for taking the time to help a new member out! Shepp, My boss just decided he thought it was time to sell, asked me to guage the market and let him know. I have some pictures I will post, also I was given the wrong info, it has 14.1 miles on it. Here are some pics I can post here.

Well give me a second to upload pictures, got to figure it out.

Can someone help me with uploading the pictures?

If you have the Photos in a Folder on your Computer, it is easy to up load them. Below the Box that you are Typing in, there is a Blue Bar that says "More Reply Options". Click on that and on the Lower Left you will see a Bar that says "Browse". You then will see a new Box open giving you a way to find your Photos. When you find your Photos, Clink on one to High Lite it then Click on the "Open" Tab and link to it will show up in the Blank Box beside the "Browse Bar". Then Click on the "Attach This File" Bar and the Photo show load. Once that happens, you are ready to repeat the Process. Once you get about 4 Photos loaded, Click on the "Add Reply" Tab to Post the Photos and start all over if need be. You will need to Type something in the Subject Box for the Photos to Post. I hope this helps.

David.

Without a doubt, a beautiful KR. I like the black the best personally. Right now, just to be honest, your boss is most likely going to lose money on this car. There are many dealers who just held on to these cars as new. Many people who purchased them put them straight away into bubbles basically. Just the law of supply and demand is not going to justify that price right now unless you find the right out of country wealthy buyer. There are many KR's available right now that are just like new. The time is just not right to get that kind of money. Will this car be worth a bunch in 20 years? Probably, but we don't know that as there are so many being kept in bubbles. It is a wonderful rare Shelby that will be very collectible. There are just many wonderful collectible Shelby's available right now. Honest market for that car in the US right now is probably around $60K. Again, if you find the right buyer, that number can change. There are just too many available in that price range to expect much more from the knowledgable buyer. I know of a couple others sitting in showrooms right now also.

Thanks Jeff for the imput, I will pass it along. There is no huge hurry to sell our Shelby at the moment, so we very well may have it 20 years, haha. Again, I genuinely appreciate the time and advice from the forum so far! I am falling in love with them daily! Just need to get in the drivers seat of one now!!

All of the new Shelby's are just great cars and a blast to drive! No doubt!

Just as an example of what's out there and what you're up against. Here's basically the same car on E-bay. Now it is used, but does only have 1,100 miles on it, so basically pretty darn new. Buy it now of $51,780.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-SUPERCHARGED-2008-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-KR-540-HP-SHAKER-1000-1K-TEXAS-DIRECT-AUTO-/400358604971?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5d373b80ab

Archived