TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is SAI still making 2011 and 2012 cars?

mikeljgt500kr

I have seen some postings of various 2011 and 2012 Shelbys, like SS and the like, being made now. Is this happening so late into the 2013 model year? I don't get it, when do they stop? Can you get a 2010 GT500 or GT Mustang used and send it in to be a SuperSnake or GT350 or GT Shelby??

Its my understanding that they still do make various models still from most of the years.i dont think that there was a cap on the SAI post title car upgrades but i do remember seeing some where that they were going to limit it to so many cars per year based on their ability to do the build volumes. I think that there are a great many people out there who couldnt afford some of the GT500s when they were first available(dealer mark-ups were sometimes of the wall!) so now there are many cars available for reasonable prices it does open the door for people toto get one now and possibly get a post tiitle build done, where as before they couldnt afford it.

Well, almost. The link does not show the GT/SC as an available upgrade. :confused:

OOOOps! Nice catch, thank you.

Jer

The GT/SC package along with the KR Upfit package are still available, they are just hidden in the product catalog.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/catalog/

Steve

Steve, are you aware of any literature regarding the GT-H/SC? If I recall when I did mine it was approved by Roger S and Bud M. Thanks.

The GT/SC package along with the KR Upfit package are still available, they are just hidden in the product catalog.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/catalog/

Steve

The KR? I thought the KR was a Limited Number and that Limit was reached a long time ago.

The KR? I thought the KR was a Limited Number and that Limit was reached a long time ago.

Look at the catalog, it's a KR "Upfit" package. Upgrades to an existing KR, not building a new KR. Brakes, upgraded supercharger, etc.

It is the KR upfit package. You can bring your KR in for new interior stuff and a supercharger. In the beginning I believe the package was also going to have 20" KR Alcoa rims but that never happened.

Steve, are you aware of any literature regarding the GT-H/SC? If I recall when I did mine it was approved by Roger S and Bud M. Thanks.

Harald,

The Hertz cars have always fallen under the GT/SC upgrade category. I don't recall any specific literature being produced for Supercharging the GTH cars.

Steve

It is the KR upfit package. You can bring your KR in for new interior stuff and a supercharger. In the beginning I believe the package was also going to have 20" KR Alcoa rims but that never happened.

If I recall you are correct on the 20" Alcoa's. They never became part of the Upfit package but were to be available as an option thru SPP.

Steve

Archived