TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2012 to be made into anniversery

agmo

Awesome-ours is a black 12 coupe with stripe delete. Did a little chrome add ons and silver pit stripes-I really like the look but have not been able to post a pic yet. I will have to get some techy smart person to help me do that. Anxious to see the final result!

The 800hp i believe is the engine. Shelby will not dyno our car there because of the elev. difference from there and here. Because it is an anniversery car it will have the gold stripe painted as part of the program. It will match up to our GTH very nicely

Shelby will not dyno our car there because of the elev. difference from there and here.

Huh? What?? Excuse me???

It's a Mass Air system. If they tune it right, it will self-compensate.

And if someone is worried about dyno NUMBERS, that's what correction factors are for!

Somethin' smells rotten in Denmark,

Phill

I asked shelby if the car would be dyno'ed and they said no it would not be done there. Does not bother me one way or the other. I can have it done later if I want to.

I asked shelby if the car would be dyno'ed and they said no it would not be done there. Does not bother me one way or the other. I can have it done later if I want to.

Oh, you mean just for a dyno sheet and not for a 'tune'?

That's different.

Phill

The 800hp i believe is the engine. Shelby will not dyno our car there because of the elev. difference from there and here. Because it is an anniversery car it will have the gold stripe painted as part of the program. It will match up to our GTH very nicely

Wow that will be one helluva nice car when it's done! Be sure to post pics... :camera:

Did you say # 12 of the 2012's? I just took museum delivery of #23 in November, so how do the numbers work? (picture attached) DSC06004.JPG

I also have a GTH, # 275, what an amazing pair!!

CSM numbers are not always issued in numerical order. Specific CSM number requests are handled on an individual basis thru the sales department. Many buyers will sometimes request a CSM number that matches another Shelby they own. They will sometimes request CSM numbers that have a meaning to them such as a birthday or anniversary date. Others want what they perceive as historical numbers such as #98, #289, #427, etc.

Unless a specific CSM number is requested the SAI sales department will issue the next lowest CSM number available at the time an order is placed. Sometimes a group of CSM numbers will be held back at the beginning of production, we used to do this for Carroll quite regularly, and if not used they will be released at a later date.

Hope this help explains the issuing of CSM numbers.

Steve

06h275 when we ordered our anniversery car we asked what numbers were available. At that time there were still numbers that were under sn.10 but they were extra. The number 11 and 12 were available so since it is a 2012 model year car guess what? We had to send a little to hold sn.12 until our down payment arrived. Glad we did. This is the car that was in N.J. when Sandy hit and we thought it was destroyed until we finally got ahold of the dealership and heard it survived unharmed. We took advantage of the free shipping from Shelby and so the story continues with pictures from Shelby American.

They will look great together!

I have my GTH at home, but because of storage space (winter storage) my new SS is in a friends garage so I havn't seen the two together yet but a few more months..... :waiting: . I Can't wait!

My friend is also wondering when i will stop sleeping over at his place..LOL

CSM numbers are not always issued in numerical order. Specific CSM number requests are handled on an individual basis thru the sales department. Many buyers will sometimes request a CSM number that matches another Shelby they own. They will sometimes request CSM numbers that have a meaning to them such as a birthday or anniversary date. Others want what they perceive as historical numbers such as #98, #289, #427, etc.

Unless a specific CSM number is requested the SAI sales department will issue the next lowest CSM number available at the time an order is placed. Sometimes a group of CSM numbers will be held back at the beginning of production, we used to do this for Carroll quite regularly, and if not used they will be released at a later date.

Steve

Exactly This:

My 2008 GT500/427 package Supersnake is CSM#08SS0144

My 2013 GT500 Supersnake was requested to be #13SS0144 which is currently under way for production.

Just thought it wouyld be cool to have matching CSM's for the 08 and the 13

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know why there is no "build one" link on the website for the 50th Anniversary GT500, but one for the GT350?

Shelby doesnt build the GT500.....its built at the Ford Plant......Shelby never touches it.

unless it becomes a super snake...that process is done in Vegas at SA~

Leaving for vacation today to Fla. We hope we get word while down south that our anniv. SS gets finished and ready to be picked up. Also will be at the Mecum auction for as many days as I can. Several Shelbys and couple gt-h's I want to look at. If there is a bargain I have my bidders card just in case. Can't wait to get our SS, it's been hard just thinking about how great a car it is going to be.

Leaving for vacation today to Fla. We hope we get word while down south that our anniv. SS gets finished and ready to be picked up. Also will be at the Mecum auction for as many days as I can. Several Shelbys and couple gt-h's I want to look at. If there is a bargain I have my bidders card just in case. Can't wait to get our SS, it's been hard just thinking about how great a car it is going to be.

Congrats for the new car.....what part of Florida are you coming?

Steve

This happened to me. Sequential CSM was #106 but i wanted #214..(Feb 14)....very significative for me... :wub2:

Archived