TEAM SHELBY FORUM

She is home now

glroy

Will start posting pictures of the new ride in this thread.

Build date of July 10 2012

Seems the car was PDIed some time ago.

Car was not cleaned before delivery (my request)

Dealer has been told that there are spots on paint and if they cannot be removed by me the will be addressed by his detailer.

I will be doing a full detail tomorrow clay wax and so on

Let the pictures begin

IMG_9079 (Medium) (2).JPG

IMG_9088 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9086 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9117 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9089 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9111 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9107 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9079 (Medium) (2).JPG

IMG_9088 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9086 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9117 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9089 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9111 (Medium).JPG

IMG_9107 (Medium).JPG

Will start posting pictures of the new ride in this thread.

Build date of July 10 2012

Seems the car was PDIed some time ago.

Car was not cleaned before delivery (my request)

Dealer has been told that there are spots on paint and if they cannot be removed by me the will be addressed by his detailer.

I will be doing a full detail tomorrow clay wax and so on

Let the pictures begin

Congratulations! It's a beauty!

If the build date was last July 10, why did it take almost five months to take delivery of your car? Did I miss something?

I looked all over the us and then last month i said what the hell less hassle just to by local. took them a few weeks to find one. it is a Canadian model. from the rumors i have heard only 90 came to Canada and at 15 to one coupes to verts could be as few as 10 or so verts in Canada

oh candy red how I wish I gotten you............

I changed my order from Race Red to Red Candy. (I have to have red, and I won't apologize.) Ford does a pretty good job with the three-step clearcoat process. There was a Gotta Have It Green V6 Mustang the other day at the gas station around sundown, and I was amazed at the different shades that appear on the car in the sideways light (not that green is my cup of tea). The three-step process (with metallic flakes under the clearcoat, I think) helps highlight the lines of the car in a way you can't get with a simple clearcoat finish, no matter how shiny it is.

I just wish Ford offered the Laser Red that it offered on the 2000 and 2001 Mustangs. I had one, and it was absolutely gorgeous. But then I got the 2001 Cobra, which I had to have, but was in Performance Red (the same color as the 2000 Cobra R). It was a bit of a downgrade, color-wise. Sort of "Tomato Soup Red," as someone described it. Same color, same car as in my sig. (Absolutely terrific car, by the way.)

When I was at the dealer, trying to decide between Race Red and Red Candy, I was looking at Fusions and whatnot, and the Red Candy looked a little too purple-ish -- or at least I thought at the time. But get a set of GT500 white stripes against it, and it seems just about right, which is why I changed my mind. Hoping to post some pictures of my own -- and soon!

Rick

Very nice Glen......and you are wearing long pants and shoes!!!!!! Must be cold :-)

Thanks it is cold missing SoCal and Texas. it gets worse I have to go to Ottawa for two days temp forecast 20 to mid teens.

Lisa coined the cars right Beauty and the beast the 07 is a beast with more power than the new one. i do love the color and Lisa will be able to figure out all the bells and whistles. All \i need to know is where the shifter,clutch,gas and steering wheel are:they have not moved them yet. LOL

I changed my order from Race Red to Red Candy. (I have to have red, and I won't apologize.) Ford does a pretty good job with the three-step clearcoat process. There was a Gotta Have It Green V6 Mustang the other day at the gas station around sundown, and I was amazed at the different shades that appear on the car in the sideways light (not that green is my cup of tea). The three-step process (with metallic flakes under the clearcoat, I think) helps highlight the lines of the car in a way you can't get with a simple clearcoat finish, no matter how shiny it is.

I just wish Ford offered the Laser Red that it offered on the 2000 and 2001 Mustangs. I had one, and it was absolutely gorgeous. But then I got the 2001 Cobra, which I had to have, but was in Performance Red (the same color as the 2000 Cobra R). It was a bit of a downgrade, color-wise. Sort of "Tomato Soup Red," as someone described it. Same color, same car as in my sig. (Absolutely terrific car, by the way.)

When I was at the dealer, trying to decide between Race Red and Red Candy, I was looking at Fusions and whatnot, and the Red Candy looked a little too purple-ish -- or at least I thought at the time. But get a set of GT500 white stripes against it, and it seems just about right, which is why I changed my mind. Hoping to post some pictures of my own -- and soon!

Rick

Unfortunately I was one of the first people in the country to get their car. That being said, when I ordered I really didn't have many pictures to gauge my choice on. I saw grabber blue or I all it smurf blue didn't like it. I saw DIB which was a test mule in michigan and I liked it when there was no sun light. But that in other lights it looked purple kind of like the mysticchrome from 04 and I hated that color. Then I saw the picture of candy red from barret jackson and I loved the way it shined orangish in the light, I thought that was the perfect color for this shelby. But then I saw an old candy red v6 and I thought it looked like womens lipstick and was girly. But then they changed the candy red on this year with something difference because when I finally saw it on person on a 13 v6 it looked soooooo much better than when I saw it on a 2011-2012 v6 and I was like shiiiiitttt I should have gotten it.

I don't like race red because it looks like a tomato. Silver is boring, white is boring (white only looks good on mercedes in my opinion), though amigos white super snake looks pretty bad ass.

Would have gotten black with red stripes but the red on the interior looked stupid and out of place so I just played it safe and got black with black stripes. Thats my punishment for being indecisive and being one of the first to have their car lol. But its ok, it's just another life lesson to be more patient now.

Beautiful! You said it came out of Canada? I assumed it was the one from Port Orchard. Looks like the exact same set of options. Would have loved to have bought it, but glad I got GB, it was my first choice. Congratulations! Hope you get a dry day or two to enjoy it!

Congrats! Beautiful car....

....I don't like race red because it looks like a tomato. Silver is boring, white is boring (white only looks good on mercedes in my opinion), though amigos white super snake looks pretty bad ass.

Thank god people are different and are all allowed an opinion...

I think white is hot as hell. Black is ho-hum, wanna be like everyone else. Kinda like yellow vettes... A dime a dozen. :doh:

Congrats! Beautiful car....

Thank god people are different and are all allowed an opinion...

I think white is hot as hell. Black is ho-hum, wanna be like everyone else. Kinda like yellow vettes... A dime a dozen. :doh:

I like gloss or pearl white not a flat white. But yea black really only looks good after I clean it. Thats why I'm trying to change it up a bit. I'm thinking of pulling off the black stripes and either putting double red stripes or a single red super snake stripe with stock hood.

I like gloss or pearl white not a flat white. But yea black really only looks good after I clean it. Thats why I'm trying to change it up a bit. I'm thinking of pulling off the black stripes and either putting double red stripes or a single red super snake stripe with stock hood.

I think maybe you missed (what I perceive to be) jerseygator's point: You kinda went overboard with your opinions, bashing just about every color out there. You're quick to denigrate anything or anyone that doesn't align with your preferences (eg, "the red on the interior looked stupid and out of place") . Don't worry, I'm not going to lose any sleep over your opinion of my GB car, but your manner of expressing your opinion isn't real endearing, and often gets you less than cordial responses. My $.02, FWIW.

Well said Husky.

Personally, I like the GB. B)

Also have a thing for the white with blue stripes Pete.

Thanks! I fell in love with GB long before anyone ever heard of a smurf. And white with blue stripes will always be special. Truth be told, I haven't seen one of these cars yet that I didn't like the color. I even like the GHIG (which should be called Grabber Green--I think maybe Mopar used that color name, so Ford couldn't, as in 70 it WAS Grabber Green...) but figure it will be a little too much in 10 years.

Back to the OP's car though--Candy Red will be beautiful for all time. I've seen it in person, and it's gorgeous, and deep.

Besides all the color debate, lets get back to the origination of this post.... Congrats Glen and Lisa for your '13 Red Candy Vert score...one of 9 verts imported to Canada, and only 2 Red Candy Verts imported to Canada for 2013 so far. Beautiful. I am so happy for you both!! Took your 07 500 out tonight in celebration. Put 4 miles on him. Doesn't seem pissed at all...LOL..must be some sort of a "seniority" complex, like the 5.0....doesn't seem to phase him!! Back in storage, back on the Battery Tender, and ready for you both in Feb. I will try to get him out fr a drive again before you both get here.

Alex

Red stripes would look hot! I just saw a black 2009 vert with red stripes for sale on this site and thought about my comment here. I'd consider owning one of them! :rockon:

I think maybe you missed (what I perceive to be) jerseygator's point: You kinda went overboard with your opinions, bashing just about every color out there. You're quick to denigrate anything or anyone that doesn't align with your preferences (eg, "the red on the interior looked stupid and out of place") . Don't worry, I'm not going to lose any sleep over your opinion of my GB car, but your manner of expressing your opinion isn't real endearing, and often gets you less than cordial responses. My $.02, FWIW.

I didn't bash every other color. I said DIB looks good but not in the type of light that makes it come out purple. I almost got DIB with black stripes. But I really only like the way it shines a really really bright blue in sunlight. I don't like it when the sun is down. I never said GB was ugly just that it looks like a smurf which will lets face it, if you have ever seen the smurfs well then you can't deny the colors are exactly the same. Anytime I see a GB mustang on the road I still turn my head to look at it. Green is nice, I wouldn't own it but it looks nice. Candy red is good race red is good though I think everyone will agree metalic colors on this car brings out the lines more. Thats why DIB and candy red look really the best on this car because it shows the lines. Same with green and yellow. I think silver should be gone from cars because its so plain. And yea I think 2 random red stripes on the all black interior does look out of place. Now if there was an option like on corvettes or camaros to change stiching colors and brake caliper colors well then you could add a little more red to make it flow better. It's not about disagreeing or bashing anything that doesn't align with my preference when in fact the majority of people share the same preference. There is a reason there are not THAT many red striped cars and more white and black striped. Same with the blue striped. You don't see many sonic blue cars because that sonic blue on the interior doesn't look good. Now granted the red looks better but it still isn't that great. The white looks good though. Again if ford did more color besides 2 random stripes it would look better but then its more cost they don't want to spend.

Art is subjective but still there is a reason certain artist are more popular than others....

Red stripes would look hot! I just saw a black 2009 vert with red stripes for sale on this site and thought about my comment here. I'd consider owning one of them! :rockon:

Yea it does look nice. And if I went that route I would change the interior around a bit to match accordingly. But I'm thinking of doing the red SS stripe to be completely unique since I have yet to see one 2010+ black car with a red SS stripe.

hey Glen - we must have been thinking the same thing. Did you pick yours up at Coastal?

I picked up the DIB vert from Glenoak last month!

Too funnyThat was the sticker they showed me when I was looking and they told me it was sold for msrpGlenoak brought mine in frm coastalSorry about the typeing on my bb iin calgary airport

• 4 weeks later...

Archived