TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nip got his car!

07Shelby#6200

Well, after all the belly aching and complaining about ADM's and this and that, all I have to say is,

WOW! [

Reminds me of an old favorite of mine-"One Of A Kind Love Affair"-The Spinners. That dates me doesn't it!

The car is great but there is a story to go with the car. It arrived at dealer by truck at 12:10 P.M.. I arrived at 1 P.M. after driving 360 miles. The car had 10 miles on it and it was a mess. Told the dealer to tweak the supercharger or whatever they had to do to it and fill it with gas. I went in and signed paperwork. When I got done the dealer handed me the temporary tag and I went out to put it on the car. There were four customers standing around the car with a with a million questions. One customer told me they had just quoted him an ADM of +$20K so I gave him the address to our forum. (I told him I paid half that much which I did.) When I went to put the plates on, the holes needed drilled out. Salesman said to take the car back to service area and they would take care of it right away. I told my wife to meet at service bay.(Noticed car now had 18 miles on it.) I pulled out onto road since you have to go to side road for service. About 20 minutes later I start looking for my wife. I was concerned since she had my phone, license, money, etc,etc.. After a while, I borrowed a phone to see where my wife was parked. You guessed it-Honey I am on Interstate 10 trying to catch up with you! Holy Moly! What a day! Like I would leave her in the dust? She said I was acting a little crazy, and wasn't sure-LOL! Took a half hour to meet up and we finally got going. The only thing going home that would have made the trip more fun was no speed limits and driving naked! Got 20 MPG with average speed of 76 and a messup at 100 MPH-Oops! What a car! Pictures tomorrow in the sunlight.

Nip aka Mark

:banana piano:

Congratulations Nip!

As you can already see this is a great car. I'm sure you will enjoy it. A thing I'm a bit surprised of though is the 20MPG. Here, we compute gas milage using liters per 100 KM so comparison is a bit hard, but I can tell you that so far, my gas milage is in Big SUV territory; certainly closer to 15 MPG! Not a big issue for me though... I didn't plan to win any fuel economy contest anyway.

Enjoy your car and don't forget to post some nice pics!

mark

Sorry i missed your call. I share your enthusiasm ! !! x 10

You do act like a little giddy kid ... like in the old days when u were 10 and got a Schwinn Cherry crate..... for christmas .... a unbelievable feeling.

Wash it up and clean her ... tomorrow the wife is teaching a DUI course ... ( dam imagine that .. she a DUI instructor ) ... and I am putting on the steeda LCA ... if u want to take a drive .. come on up and show me the beast !

Congratulations .. really happy for u

don

Congrats!! have fun and be careful...

Mine was on the same train as yours but has gone AWOL since being unloaded from the railcar yesterday about 50 miles from here.

A few more days...oh well? I'm sure the boys at the dealership are having fun with it this weekend.

Can't wait to see the photos!!

Nip,

Congrats dude. :happy feet: I knew once you got your car that the ADM thing would pass. I never think of it untill looking at some of these threads and it does'nt bother me. The car is just so fun. I can't seem to stay out of mine if it is my day off. I spent some time putting some miles on mine today. The excitement just does'nt seem to wear off. Enjoy your car nipper dude. :shift:

:happy feet: TOLD YOU SO! :happy feet: TOLD YOU SO! :happy feet: TOLD YOU SO! :happy feet:

Hey, Mark.....do ya need a vice to help squeeze your face back to normal so you can get that big grin off from touching your ears??? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

PARTY TIME BABY!!!! :shift::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2: :party2:

NIP

WHERES DAH PICTURES ... GET YOUR LAZY A** OUT OF BED

CALL ME !

LOL! I hear you men! I did spend most of the night in the garage and yes I did fall asleep listening to the radio and reading the manuals. What really stinks is my wife reminded me that here in Florida we can only wash our car between 5 and 7 on Saturday and Wednesdays due to the lack of rain since January. The car is so filthy, I hate to take it out until its clean! I go from 1 dilemma to another! :hysterical2:

LOL! I hear you men! I did spend most of the night in the garage and yes I did fall asleep listening to the radio and reading the manuals. What really stinks is my wife reminded me that here in Florida we can only wash our car between 5 and 7 on Saturday and Wednesdays due to the lack of rain since January. The car is so filthy, I hate to take it out until its clean! I go from 1 dilemma to another! :hysterical2:

Now you need to buy a sonic shower, no water nessessary.

Congrats Nip! Another Florida Shelby on the roster. With all the Shelbys in Florida, you would think I would see one once in a while. I have yet to see one on the road, but then I spend too much time at work suppose.

I totally hear you, on the day of pick up getting a bit crazy. Once I spied my Shelby my reasoning skills went down to the level of a chimpanzee. It will wear off, but the fun never will LOL. Would be great to see some picts!

KC666

Pictures coming tomorrow. I got her washed up and about that time Jim Wilson pulled up in his White/Blue Striped GT500 to check out the car. He remarked that he had never seen such a good black paint job on a car. I guess I was too busy to notice but they did do a great job. The striping was good too for a change. My wife drove it over to the car show with me where we met a guy with a 68 GT500 (Eleanor) and it was for sale. He is going to get on our forums and also he might come up to Orlando on the 19th of next month to our First Annual Florida Shelby Club BBQ. He told me about another Car Meet this Monday night and there have been 2 Shelbys there. I am going to go over and try and recruit them. 1BadSho if your around Monday night it is here in Cape Coral and Jim is going also. It is on Del Prado in the CiCi Pizza/Office Max parking lot.

Only complaint I have so far is the clutch is a little stiff coming out of 1st and my right leg rubs hard on dash. Has anyone else had the problem and if so how did you fix it short of an amputation? :hysterical2:

We used the Nav system to go out to dinner tonight and I can see it is going to come in real handy on our trip across America. Maybe I will write a blog in here every couple of days telling about the trip and where we have been-anyone interested. Most Hotels have wi-fi and I don't go anywhere without my laptop!

Mark

Pictures coming tomorrow. I got her washed up and about that time Jim Wilson pulled up in his White/Blue Striped GT500 to check out the car. He remarked that he had never seen such a good black paint job on a car. I guess I was too busy to notice but they did do a great job. The striping was good too for a change. My wife drove it over to the car show with me where we met a guy with a 68 GT500 (Eleanor) and it was for sale. He is going to get on our forums and also he might come up to Orlando on the 19th of next month to our First Annual Florida Shelby Club BBQ. He told me about another Car Meet this Monday night and there have been 2 Shelbys there. I am going to go over and try and recruit them. 1BadSho if your around Monday night it is here in Cape Coral and Jim is going also. It is on Del Prado in the CiCi Pizza/Office Max parking lot.

Only complaint I have so far is the clutch is a little stiff coming out of 1st and my right leg rubs hard on dash. Has anyone else had the problem and if so how did you fix it short of an amputation? :hysterical2:

We used the Nav system to go out to dinner tonight and I can see it is going to come in real handy on our trip across America. Maybe I will write a blog in here every couple of days telling about the trip and where we have been-anyone interested. Most Hotels have wi-fi and I don't go anywhere without my laptop!

Mark

Mark,

I noticed you listed a 2007 Eddie Bauer Explorer (vista blue)

How did you get that color on an Explorer?

Shouldn't that be (Dark Blue Pearl)? :hysterical:

OK, you can tell us. How FAST did you get the Shelby up to so far???? :yahoo:

Mark ... cant wait to see your picts .... It was great to hear that Jim came over .... What time is the car show Monday night .. from when to when ?

Mark ... cant wait to see your picts .... It was great to hear that Jim came over .... What time is the car show Monday night .. from when to when ?

I think the car show starts around 7. I have not been to this one so I don't know what to expect? I live about a mile and a half from there so if it is no fun we can go to my place for a beer.

ShelbyDude-forgot to change signature since we traded our Eddie Bauer Expedition for this new XLT. The Expedition had 100k miles on it after 2 1/2 years-our business is 500 miles north in Georgia and the miles add up. We also need a car to tow our ATV's otherwise I would have bought a new black Edge. That is a really NICE car. Too bad the class II hitch is not enough for our needs.

I changed the color to Pearl Blue on the Explorer. Our 2006 Mustang GT is dark blue too-is that pearl blue too? 100 MPH or so-shhhhhhhhhhhh

Here is a picture of the car getting ready to leave the dealer a mess!

Mark0.jpg

Here is the car a few hours ago....

Mark1.jpgMark2.jpgMark3.jpg

Mark0.jpg

Mark1.jpg

Mark2.jpg

Mark3.jpg

I think the car show starts around 7. I have not been to this one so I don't know what to expect? I live about a mile and a half from there so if it is no fun we can go to my place for a beer.

ShelbyDude-forgot to change signature since we traded our Eddie Bauer Expedition for this new XLT. The Expedition had 100k miles on it after 2 1/2 years-our business is 500 miles north in Georgia and the miles add up. We also need a car to tow our ATV's otherwise I would have bought a new black Edge. That is a really NICE car. Too bad the class II hitch is not enough for our needs.

I changed the color to Pearl Blue on the Explorer. Our 2006 Mustang GT is dark blue too-is that pearl blue too? 100 MPH or so-shhhhhhhhhhhh

Here is a picture of the car getting ready to leave the dealer a mess!

post-8214-1177873707_thumb.jpg

Here is the car a few hours ago....

post-8214-1177873794_thumb.jpgpost-8214-1177873841_thumb.jpgpost-8214-1177873945_thumb.jpg

Very very Nice, Mark!

Now aren't you glad you didn't hold off and have to wait for god only knows how many more months to get one of these?

No, the 06 GT Mustang would be Vista Blue.

I meant to ask everyone about the extended warranty. I bought a bumper to bumper 7 year 70,000 miles for $1500. Is that reasonable? It has a $100 deductable. I could have gotten 7 years 100,000 miles for $2,000. I can't see putting that many miles on it but you guys tell me if I should pick it up?

Both are 7 yr, so I would think the extra mileage wouldn't matter for you 100K mi thats averaging 15k mi a year will you drive it that much? I figure if you are not going far from home much and it's not driven everyday you wont get close to that mileage.MY .02cents :yup:

The neighbors gaggling yet?

I meant to ask everyone about the extended warranty. I bought a bumper to bumper 7 year 70,000 miles for $1500. Is that reasonable? It has a $100 deductable. I could have gotten 7 years 100,000 miles for $2,000. I can't see putting that many miles on it but you guys tell me if I should pick it up?

Mark,

I got that same warranty for dealer cost. $860. I have the ford paperwork to prove it.

Since I paid a good ADM on the car....I asked them to give me something for there cost. They said sure, what would you like at cost. I said the best warranty....at dealer cost.

Dang, I should have thought of that? I doubt if they would have budged though because I got them to knock off $600 from the $11K ADM. They would have just said there is your deal. I am still trying to figure out my right knee digging into the dash while driving? Maybe a knee pad or something? I better go join the Shelby club now. So many things/trinkets to buy I don't know where to start. Anyone found a nice looking golf shirt with the Shelby logo on it? Thats all I wear anymore-with pants of course Ruff! Thanks for all the support and compliments. By the way State Farm matched Geico's price of $1080 a year. Remember, insurance is high down here due to all the all young kids and old farts driving. The hurricanes haven't helped either! :banghead:

Dang, I should have thought of that? I doubt if they would have budged though because I got them to knock off $600 from the $11K ADM. They would have just said there is your deal. I am still trying to figure out my right knee digging into the dash while driving? Maybe a knee pad or something? I better go join the Shelby club now. So many things/trinkets to buy I don't know where to start. Anyone found a nice looking golf shirt with the Shelby logo on it? Thats all I wear anymore-with pants of course Ruff! Thanks for all the support and compliments. By the way State Farm matched Geico's price of $1080 a year. Remember, insurance is high down here due to all the all young kids and old farts driving. The hurricanes haven't helped either! :banghead:

That is a little less than I pay for insurance. Mine is $96 month.

Check out the Ford Collection. They have some GT500 Golf style shirts.

Ford Collection

Archived