TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nip got his car!

07Shelby#6200

I meant to ask everyone about the extended warranty. I bought a bumper to bumper 7 year 70,000 miles for $1500. Is that reasonable? It has a $100 deductable. I could have gotten 7 years 100,000 miles for $2,000. I can't see putting that many miles on it but you guys tell me if I should pick it up?

mark .. if u want a EXT warranty ... just call me. State of florida regulates the prices and a FORD ESP is the same price at any dealer in Florida

That is a little less than I pay for insurance. Mine is $96 month.

Check out the Ford Collection. They have some GT500 Golf style shirts.

Ford Collection

I too am with State farm and they quoted me $750 every 6 mths. Since I have my sons car insured and my wifes and my truck. I decided to leave my wifes car and sons car with state farm and insured the shelby and my F 250 with GEICO for about 700 every 6 mths for both vehicles and lower deductibles

I too am with State farm and they quoted me $750 every 6 mths. Since I have my sons car insured and my wifes and my truck. I decided to leave my wifes car and sons car with state farm and insured the shelby and my F 250 with GEICO for about 700 every 6 mths for both vehicles and lower deductibles

I'm with State Farm and it is the only car on that particular policy. It runs $332 every six months. When I originally purchased the policy, I told them exactly what the car was. What concerns me is that the policy only states Ford Mustang. It doesn't say anything about a Shelby GT500.

What does you policy call the car?

HSURB

I'm with State Farm and it is the only car on that particular policy. It runs $332 every six months. When I originally purchased the policy, I told them exactly what the car was. What concerns me is that the policy only states Ford Mustang. It doesn't say anything about a Shelby GT500.

What does you policy call the car?

HSURB

What I was told is their computer recognizes the VIN and calls it a Mustang. I don't have the policy yet, but she assured me this was the case. $664 is a great price. I am sure the State and what goes on here is affecting my rates. Bad drivers! :chairshot:

I meant to ask everyone about the extended warranty. I bought a bumper to bumper 7 year 70,000 miles for $1500. Is that reasonable? It has a $100 deductable. I could have gotten 7 years 100,000 miles for $2,000. I can't see putting that many miles on it but you guys tell me if I should pick it up?

Wow, those are some low prices. I would have gotten it if they were that price here. They quoted me 6 yrs/100k miles for $3500 or 6 yrs/60k miles for 2000. I said no thanks as I need more time than miles. What a rip off. Then they tried to sell me a maintainance policy to cover basic maintainance for 45k miles for $1000. Geesh, guess I look like a girl or something :huh:

What I was told is their computer recognizes the VIN and calls it a Mustang. I don't have the policy yet, but she assured me this was the case. $664 is a great price. I am sure the State and what goes on here is affecting my rates. Bad drivers! :chairshot:

To be fair, I need to disclose that they allow me to combine my business and personal vehicles under one umbrella (multiple policies). I have 12 cars insured to get that rate. I had to separate the GT500 out from the others, but I still get to keep my multi-car discount. With only a car or two covered, I would imagine ours would be very close.

HSURB

I guess insuring cars is a bit cheaper this side of the border... like $498 Canadian dollars (around $450USD) with $500 deductible. I must admit that when they told me the price, I thought at first that this was a mistake. I insisted to the gal on the phone that it was a SHELBY! She said "yes, that's the price for a Shelby GT500 coupe". The car is also listed as "Ford Shelby GT500 2DR" on my policy, not a Mustang.

It is not a business policy, but this price includes a few rebate (no claims in 15 years, 2 cars plus my home insured with the same company, Boomerang equipped). Strangely enough, my daily driver (2001 Audi S4) is a bit more expensive to insure ($641 CDN) even though it's now almost 7 years old and half the horsepower! Go figure...

By the way Nip, your car looks fantastic! Great looking house too!

Archived