TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Husbands & Divorce sleep with one eye open

Racer remember this. There are 2 places where you do not want to crack jokes. During a prostate exam, and in divorce court with a female judge. Trust me on this!

He speaks the truth. But I would suggest you not try jokes on either gender judge unless you, one, know that judge well and, two, have made many, many appearances for clients in front of that judge. However, if the judge tells a joke, it is always appropriate to laugh at it (just make sure it was actually a joke).

Jim

He speaks the truth. But I would suggest you not try jokes on either gender judge unless you, one, know that judge well and, two, have made many, many appearances for clients in front of that judge. However, if the judge tells a joke, it is always appropriate to laugh at it (just make sure it was actually a joke).

Jim

I hear you on that as far as in front of my judge who is handling my divorce. I would like her butt if needed

But as far as the judge who has my daughter in her hands. I have seen what type of judge she is and it's going to be a brawl. She has yelled at me 2x's in a 5 minute session total BS and I know you guys think I'm a crazy funny guy. But I am quite professional when need be and will go toe to toe with this judge. I can already tell she has marked me as a bad egg. But she has know Idea who I am and what I stand for!!. She is another woman on a power trip who yells to avoid being found she is a fool. She will not keep me from my daughter if she will not hear my side then the gloves come off.

I still have my dept behind me and my old man history and dad was a big supporter of NY GOV. I will pull on every string and call on every favor to get to see my daughter. If all fails then I will just go to her school to see her and let her know dad is alive and not going anywhere. Then have the cops arrest me. At least she will have that piece of mind that I have didn't walk out on her.

A quick story how the courts don't want or think a father should have custody. My buddy a cop divorce his wife who was a drunk he fought for custody. She had 3 dwi under her belt with the kids in the car and still the judge refused him custody. The 4 dwi she drove thru a store front with the kids. The judge awarded him temp custody telling him one screw up and the kids go back to mom. What is so wrong with a dad!!! I kiss my daughter and tell her I love her every day and care for her just as good as mom. So who wrote that rule and when will it be changed. Women are in every role of a man's life what makes them so much better at raising a child.

well hang tough racer. she will get what she deserves and not talking about revenge.my first thought is if a man has to have a prenup why marry?trust issue.

That is a logical first thought. But, like many things, PMAs (Pre-Marital Agreements) are used to address various needs. One of the needs that is often addressed but never makes the news is a with couple who are later in life and each has children of his or her own and they do not plan to have additional children together. They are marrying for love but have each achieved reasonable financial stability on their own and do not want to risk moving backwards financially should a divorce happen and, further, do not want to endanger their respective children's inheritance rights. Overall, it is often said in the biz that the best revenge to a PMA is to remain happily married until death do you part.

Jim

RACER...I TRULY FEEL YOUR PAIN........... BUT PLEASE .... BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU WRITE/SAY ON ANY FORUM....ALL AND ANY WORDS USED CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU....KEEP THE FAITH AND BELIEVE IN YOURSELF..AND OUR GOOD LORD WILL HELP CARRY YOU/US THRU THE DIFFICULT TIMES.... GOD BLESS BRUCE MERRY XAMS.....

BUT PLEASE .... BE CAREFUL OF WHAT YOU WRITE/SAY ON ANY FORUM....ALL AND ANY WORDS USED CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU....

Yes, I was gonna say...You better hope no one kills her because what you've said in this thread already could look REAL BAD for you. You might want to go back and delete some of it.

I speak from experience.

In the 40+ years my wife and I have been married we've had a couple of spats that went all the way into the courtroom (but never finalized).

I know *exactly* what you speak of. One time when we were very young and early on in our marriage (I was 20 years old) I was floored by what the Judge gave her. Some of it wasn't even MINE (or ours)! We had a '67 Cougar that I sold after we separated. It had been titled in the new owners name, signed sealed and delivered. The judge didn't order me to give her half of the money I sold the car for, or half of the money it may have been worth, or even ALL of the money from the sale...He ordered me to give her the CAR (which I no longer had)! I told him it was sold and wasn't in my name. He said "You better get it back!" HUH? How am I supposed to do that, I DON'T OWN IT (legally!)!

He also ordered me to pay more in child support and alimony (now called "Spousal Support") than I GROSSED (not NET, but GROSS). And not just by a little either, by a LOT. And that's when I was making fairly decent money as the Manager or a Gas Station/Car wash and it wasn't like I could go out and get a second job just to pay HER, let alone eat and pay my own bills.

It was crazy. And so was the Judge.

Hang in there buddy, it *can* get worse. Just about the time you think things are going your way.......BAM! Right in the kisser. Believe me, I know this for fact.

Phill

Yes, I was gonna say...You better hope no one kills her because what you've said in this thread already could look REAL BAD for you. You might want to go back and delete some of it.

I speak from experience.

In the 40+ years my wife and I have been married we've had a couple of spats that went all the way into the courtroom (but never finalized).

I know *exactly* what you speak of. One time when we were very young and early on in our marriage (I was 20 years old) I was floored by what the Judge gave her. Some of it wasn't even MINE (or ours)! We had a '67 Cougar that I sold after we separated. It had been titled in the new owners name, signed sealed and delivered. The judge didn't order me to give her half of the money I sold the car for, or half of the money it may have been worth, or even ALL of the money from the sale...He ordered me to give her the CAR (which I no longer had)! I told him it was sold and wasn't in my name. He said "You better get it back!" HUH? How am I supposed to do that, I DON'T OWN IT (legally!)!

He also ordered me to pay more in child support and alimony (now called "Spousal Support") than I GROSSED (not NET, but GROSS). And not just by a little either, by a LOT. And that's when I was making fairly decent money as the Manager or a Gas Station/Car wash and it wasn't like I could go out and get a second job just to pay HER, let alone eat and pay my own bills.

It was crazy. And so was the Judge.

Hang in there buddy, it *can* get worse. Just about the time you think things are going your way.......BAM! Right in the kisser. Believe me, I know this for fact.

Phill

Thanks for the advice!!! I am confident that I would not end up in trouble for my statements. I be more than happy to explain my statements maybe some important politician will step up for the husband that lost all even their lives to a greedy wife.

Good luck,bro. Hopefully all this bulls*** will be put behind you soon!!!!!!!!!Just try and develop/continue a great relationship with your daughter!!!!!!!!!Remember that things happen for a reason...we just might not know why yet!!!!!!!!!!! Stay strong!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, she spounds like a complete psycopath, she will get what she deserves eventually.

I also just wanted to chime in that it's not always the husband that gets the sh!tty end of the stick. I do not have enough time in the world to tell you what happened in my previous marriage, but it ended with me fleeing from my own house with a black eye and whatever change of clothes I could carry. I eventually lost my own house and 2 cars. I wound up sleeping on a friends moms couch until I could get back on my feet, moving into a 511 sq ft apartment with whatever I could fit into the back of a small U-Haul.

Please don't paint all women with the same brush, we get the shaft too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation, she spounds like a complete psycopath, she will get what she deserves eventually.

I also just wanted to chime in that it's not always the husband that gets the sh!tty end of the stick. I do not have enough time in the world to tell you what happened in my previous marriage, but it ended with me fleeing from my own house with a black eye and whatever change of clothes I could carry. I eventually lost my own house and 2 cars. I wound up sleeping on a friends moms couch until I could get back on my feet, moving into a 511 sq ft apartment with whatever I could fit into the back of a small U-Haul.

All too true. As a 34 year practitioner in the field of family law, I can tell you that, sadly, the process can and does get manipulated, just as many have shared here. People like TXSGT must, number one, get away from an abuser and, two, figure out how to end the overall abusive relationship. I would bet TXSGT, in the end, made a business decision that, costly as it was, allowed her to get the needed distance away from the person who thinks the way to "win" an argument is to punch a woman, and end the legal process as soon as humanly possible and, to do that in many cases, you have to take an economic beating so there is no reasonable basis for the abuser to refuse to settle the case. TXSGT sounds like a person who, when faced with several choices (all of them bad), made the best possible choice. And, sadly, the abuser is still out there while she is trying to put her life back together. Thanks for the post TXSGT.

Jim

Thank you for your kind words guys.

allowed her to get the needed distance away from the person who thinks the way to "win" an argument is to punch a woman,

Jim

Ahh, heres the kicker, there was no argument that provoked an attack. It happened at about 7:00am one morning while I was sleeping, I awoke to a fist in my left eye, and a "Yeah, how do you like that?"

All is well in my life now, and have re-married to a wonderful man (Who also shares my love of Mustangs) I did make a very costly decision walking away from everything I had spent my adult life building, but my mental and physical well being is so much more important than whatever I left behind. Jim hit the nail on the head, I walked away from everything just to get him out of my life. He thought he could make me dance like his own little puppet by holding eveything I'd worked for "hostage" but when he realized I was ready to sign everything over without a fight he was powerless, and that was most satisfying.

To the OP- Stay strong, things WILL get better!

Good luck,bro. Hopefully all this bulls*** will be put behind you soon!!!!!!!!!Just try and develop/continue a great relationship with your daughter!!!!!!!!!Remember that things happen for a reason...we just might not know why yet!!!!!!!!!!! Stay strong!!

Thanks bud!!! My goal is to be in my daughter life as much as possible. No matter at what cost and my ex wife feels that I am not good enough to be my daughter father. That's how she thinks she has told me and others she is a super genius. You those kinds that never earned a dollar or really had a job or just to smart for school.

I guess we are the lucky ones indeed! We were married at 18 and 20 and will have our 43rd anniversary in March. Never seperated and still best friends. We have had lots of friends who were married when we were that have been divorced long ago and some other friends who divorced after 30 years of marriage. It wasn't easy by any means but lots of work and commitment. When I think of how broke we were in the early days I wonder how we made it with 4 kids. One bit of adivce that may sound really stupid-although we both like a drink with supper and with friends neither of us hang out in the bar. I think that has really caused problems with some of our friends especially in the small town where everybody knows everybody else's business. Neither of us has spent money foolishly because we didn't have much. After many years of hard work we are enjoying some travelling and hopefully we will get to do some things we have always wanted to do but couldn't afford. Good luck.

Hey sorry you went through that and no one should lay a had on anyone!!!! I do not hold any hate towards any woman if anything you can come to my next wedding to my high school sweet heart. I blame the courts for all unfairness in divorce and criminal. Look at that poor soul in NYC thrown to the track's. His killer had 2 other murders under his belt. Meanwhile a hard working person makes an error. He or she gets life in prison seen it first hand. Made me ill to be a cop.

I guess we are the lucky ones indeed! We were married at 18 and 20 and will have our 43rd anniversary in March. Never seperated and still best friends. We have had lots of friends who were married when we were that have been divorced long ago and some other friends who divorced after 30 years of marriage. It wasn't easy by any means but lots of work and commitment. When I think of how broke we were in the early days I wonder how we made it with 4 kids. One bit of adivce that may sound really stupid-although we both like a drink with supper and with friends neither of us hang out in the bar. I think that has really caused problems with some of our friends especially in the small town where everybody knows everybody else's business. Neither of us has spent money foolishly because we didn't have much. After many years of hard work we are enjoying some travelling and hopefully we will get to do some things we have always wanted to do but couldn't afford. Good luck.

GOD Bless you guys!!! You have the marriage I always dreamed of and hope and pray this next marriage which should have happened 30 yrs ago. Will last forever

Merry Christmas

GOD Bless you guys!!! You have the marriage I always dreamed of and hope and pray this next marriage which should have happened 30 yrs ago. Will last forever

Merry Christmas

Thank you. That is very nice of you to say. The nicest compliment we were ever paid was when Larry's sister said of her second marriage that she just wanted to have the same kind of marriage that we do. Has it all been perfect? Of course not but I can still say that in my eyes my husband is still that hot linebacker that was a senior when I was a freshman and my heart still skips a beat when he walks through the door. My best wishes for you both.

Great story Verylyn.

I married late in life (I was 40) and been married almost 10 yrs. I still look at my wife the same as the first day I met her. You are correct, it is hard work to stay together, but worth every moment.

RacerX, good luck with your situation and your in our prayers.

Merry Christmas Racer, had a great time at dinner Saturday night......the company and the meal were both superb!

Thank you Mike and same here !! Next time on me and maybe we can meet up with the Shelbys thats if I'm not in jail !!! And a Merry to you and the Misses.

Thank you. That is very nice of you to say. The nicest compliment we were ever paid was when Larry's sister said of her second marriage that she just wanted to have the same kind of marriage that we do. Has it all been perfect? Of course not but I can still say that in my eyes my husband is still that hot linebacker that was a senior when I was a freshman and my heart still skips a beat when he walks through the door. My best wishes for you both.

Awesome thats how marriage should be !! I was not in love with my wife and she knew it she saw I was down and out and took advantage of it. I stayed for my child and knew she would pull this crap oneday.

Great story Verylyn.

I married late in life (I was 40) and been married almost 10 yrs. I still look at my wife the same as the first day I met her. You are correct, it is hard work to stay together, but worth every moment.

RacerX, good luck with your situation and your in our prayers.

I also married at 40yr and trust me it was not my plan !!! Thank you I need all the prayers

Update Now I am facing 2 contept charges from 2 different judges !! The family court judge has gotten a complaint about me trying to hack into my mother inlaws cell phone. Plus driving by my house at all hours which is bull since my car is down and have proof !!! I'm inStaten island she is in orange county NY.

The divorce judge wants to know why I have not signed the checks for the insurance claim and given child support money to the wife. I told my lawyer when was I suppose to do that are you not my lawyer and suppose to tell me when to pay and the amount. He also told me not to sign the checks to hold on.

But the best is my lawyer refuse to tell the judge the house is in forclosure and I hand the bank the keys on the 17 of december. If the checks get cashed money goes missing then it will fall on me since the husband is responsible for all debts. Nice I know !!!

The checks go to the bank all 67,000.00 the wife wants to grab and run !!!

Archived