TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 tuning availability!

braztang

Is there any tuner with tunes available for the 2013?

What would you buy it?

Thank you,

Braztang

you are from NY or the north east for that matter , Jimmy Larocca only game in town if what you are after is something done 100% correct. Only guy who works with software writers from Ford. Does "fool" the pcm into thinking other things are going on to get the right A/F readings. Car will run perfect at part throttle also, which is something many of the "tuners" around seem to have issues with. Good luck to you. Thank me later.

Hello there again,

Would you TUNE a 2013 GT500 if you only take to the tracks for fun and ONLY one day a year, if done?

Also why no one mentioned LETHAL PERFORMANCE 93 tune with the SCT X3 computer?

How about AMERICAN MUSCLE 93 tune and SCT x3 computer?

Please advise if there is any special reason I should choose a no standard commercial tune.

Thank you and best regards,

braztang

Hello there again,

Would you TUNE a 2013 GT500 if you only take to the tracks for fun and ONLY one day a year, if done?

Please advise if there is any special reason I should choose a no standard commercial tune.

braztang

If you were going to do a mail order tune you should only do Lund tune that revan racing sells. Actually I think lethal is the same. But anyways some people who run 91 octane have been having lund tune problems. There was one with 93 octane that had a problem. I think personally Lund rushed too fast to be the first to market with this which was like literally a day after he got his car to make money off his tunes. Because he rushed the tunes are somewhat superficially done and have problems with some people. Also you have to change timing on the tund yourself during winter so its not a install and forget thing which is wrong. Also things like JLT intakes will bring out the faults in the tune so then you have to like move the air filter to the lowest point and play around with shit and yada yada yada....

There is no point to just get a tune anyways if thats what you want, its a waste. You should only get a tune if your going to put a JLT 127mm intake and cobra jet throttle body. I would get the 65mm again because there are drivability issues with the monoblade because again the tune is not perfect. Also I would not add power to this car. That would be the last thing. Also americanmuscle has no tunes for shelbys and even if they did I wouldn't get it from them. Only lund or someone in my area with a dyno.If you add more power to this car you will just make the drivability worse and spin your tires more. You have to address the suspension,tires,and wheels first. Also the car will need better brakes. The brakes are barely good enough as it stands now with 662 power. You either need a better rotor, bigger piston caliper in the rear, or more likely better pads from hawk which aren't out yet. Additionally you will need brake cooling ducts when they become available from shelby.

Address those parts first before you go the tune route. Also know that if you do go that route your warranty is gone. This is why I will not do a tune unless its a procal from ford racing. I trust them more and you keep the warranty. But again for the street 662 hp is enough and same with the track. A porsche and z06 have 150 hp less and handle better and faster than this car so keep that in mind. Work on weight loss and using the power you already have.

If you were going to do a mail order tune you should only do Lund tune that revan racing sells. Actually I think lethal is the same. But anyways some people who run 91 octane have been having lund tune problems. There was one with 93 octane that had a problem. I think personally Lund rushed too fast to be the first to market with this which was like literally a day after he got his car to make money off his tunes. Because he rushed the tunes are somewhat superficially done and have problems with some people. Also you have to change timing on the tund yourself during winter so its not a install and forget thing which is wrong. Also things like JLT intakes will bring out the faults in the tune so then you have to like move the air filter to the lowest point and play around with shit and yada yada yada....

There is no point to just get a tune anyways if thats what you want, its a waste. You should only get a tune if your going to put a JLT 127mm intake and cobra jet throttle body. I would get the 65mm again because there are drivability issues with the monoblade because again the tune is not perfect. Also I would not add power to this car. That would be the last thing. Also americanmuscle has no tunes for shelbys and even if they did I wouldn't get it from them. Only lund or someone in my area with a dyno.If you add more power to this car you will just make the drivability worse and spin your tires more. You have to address the suspension,tires,and wheels first. Also the car will need better brakes. The brakes are barely good enough as it stands now with 662 power. You either need a better rotor, bigger piston caliper in the rear, or more likely better pads from hawk which aren't out yet. Additionally you will need brake cooling ducts when they become available from shelby.

Address those parts first before you go the tune route. Also know that if you do go that route your warranty is gone. This is why I will not do a tune unless its a procal from ford racing. I trust them more and you keep the warranty. But again for the street 662 hp is enough and same with the track. A porsche and z06 have 150 hp less and handle better and faster than this car so keep that in mind. Work on weight loss and using the power you already have.

Excellent write up svt13.

I really appreciate your posts, they are always very informative and helps me on my decisions.

Great to have you around,

Regards,

braztang

Hello there again,

braztang

Hey braz..I don't know about Lathal or American Muscle but I used JDM in NJ for my 04 Cobra and Evolution Perf in PA for my 07 GT500

both were canned tunes with the SCT and both worked great..I put both on a dyno and the AF ratios were near dead on..keep in mind I

changed pullies and other mods but the canned tunes were awesome..some people I know just went with tunes and they worked just fine

but to get a real kick in the pants the pully should be changed..I don't know about the 013's but if you're just going with a tune with an SCT

I wouldn't worry about the warranty as you can store and reprogram the stock tune at any time if you're going to the dealer for warranty work

just takes a few minutes..If I had a 013 or a 014 the tune pully and intake would be one of the first things I'd do..you're doing the right thing by

researching this..good luck braz..IMO there can never be enough power..I'm sure the 013 will respond real well with miner mods.

Excellent write up svt13.

I really appreciate your posts, they are always very informative and helps me on my decisions.

Great to have you around,

Regards,

braztang

No problem. Too bad other people don't agree and rather argue. I do this because on my last car I did all the mods and didn't ask many questions but when I did a got a lot of bs information and it made me hate that car. So since other members on here were very helpful in addressing my questions which now made it so that I actually enjoy all the mods I have done to this car I don't mind returning the favor.

Hey braz..I don't know about Lathal or American Muscle but I used JDM in NJ for my 04 Cobra and Evolution Perf in PA for my 07 GT500

both were canned tunes with the SCT and both worked great..I put both on a dyno and the AF ratios were near dead on..keep in mind I

changed pullies and other mods but the canned tunes were awesome..some people I know just went with tunes and they worked just fine

but to get a real kick in the pants the pully should be changed..I don't know about the 013's but if you're just going with a tune with an SCT

I wouldn't worry about the warranty as you can store and reprogram the stock tune at any time if you're going to the dealer for warranty work

just takes a few minutes..If I had a 013 or a 014 the tune pully and intake would be one of the first things I'd do..you're doing the right thing by

researching this..good luck braz..IMO there can never be enough power..I'm sure the 013 will respond real well with miner mods.

The common power mods on the 13 are JLT 127mm intake, 10% OD pulley, CJ 65mm or oval TB, and lund tune. This is good for about 690-700 RWHP. Now granted with the sct he can reflash back to stock for warranty work but the PCM will know. So if for example his engine blows up which has happened to a member on SVTP, the ford rep only needs to check and he is screwed. I mean it's really hard to hide the tune once you put the JLT intake on its a dead give away you had to tune the car to get it to work. Unless he's willing to go back to stock before going to the dealership but again, if his engine is so bad a ford rep has to come that rep is going to check if a tune was done as the first thing he does. More power is good if he can use it.

Probably the safest bet is a dyno tune rather than a mail one.

Great guys,

thanks again, as mentioned, researching before making a decision is crucial.

I had a 2011 GT 5.0 and had a canned tune, exhaust and CAI from STEEDA, man that car was simply awesome!

Had no problems with the car until I sold it for my 2013 GT500...which I guess it has enough power...BUT, when enough is enough I don't know!

I will wait and continue researching.

Enjoy the weekend,

braztang

If your going to do a tune on a 2013, it should be a Lund tune, whether you buy from revan, lethal, or me, lund hands down knows what's going on with these cars.

More exerience than anyone on these cars.

.............................................................I would question the " more experience " comment !

Is there any tuner with tunes available for the 2013?

What would you buy it?

Thank you,

Braztang

I ordered a tune from JDM last Friday. I had to get it anyway to correct the speedo after changing the rear gears to 3.73. It will give me about 40 more hp. I'll let you know when I try it out.

Archived