TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07XL0215 for sale

The stripes were taken off.

i knew it! i actually talked to the dealer, i was like i am unhappy that the over the top stripes were taken off. he was like it is a stripe delete car. I really dont think they know what they have.

but dont want to tell the dealer that so someone can get a good deal on the car :-)

This dealer is about 2 minutes from me. This car was sold at this same dealer about 9 to 12 months ago for the same price to a young guy. And they have no idea what it is. I think the pictures are from the last time they sold it and not current. The car has an interesting history. Ask the dealer for the car fax report. I have seen the report and the car.

It appears that 07XL0215 was a base 40th build, meaning no additional SAI options, it would also appear this Ford dealer doesn't realize this car is not a regular production GT500. Looks like a decent deal and perhaps a killer deal with a little negotiating.

A Google search shows this 40th was for sale two years ago with 19k miles then.

Steve

This dealer is about 2 minutes from me. This car was sold at this same dealer about 9 to 12 months ago for the same price to a young guy. And they have no idea what it is. I think the pictures are from the last time they sold it and not current. The car has an interesting history. Ask the dealer for the car fax report. I have seen the report and the car.

what is the interesting story about this car? Been in a wreck?

No, it has not been wrecked from what I saw. I got a copy of the car fax back when it was for sale the last time. And it could have been sold two years ago at the same dealer Time flys when your having fun. At the price they are asking, it looks like a good deal.

It looks like a 40th with a SS hood and KB on it.

CSM# shows 40th, not SS.

Don't take this the wrong way but I never said it was a Super Snake. The SS KB was an option for the 40th from SAI and is an official upgrade which is in the registry. The hood was put on after it left SAI by the owner. There were only six of this color and a totol of 21 725 HP's made and we all know the stripe on a Super Snake is black and and the CSM# has SS. It sure looks a lot like my 40th!!!!!!

It would be a perfect fit to your stable!

PLEASE put the stripes back on her though

I planted the seed with my wife... (oops that can be taken another way :drop: ) to which she then perked up... :ohsnap: I did it again...

Car looks in good condition. Looks like someone added a pulley and cold air. Price looks decent. The crappy looking history makes this a decision I'm glad I don't have to make. With the original SAI stripe off, I would replace it with a painted one. I would not pay asking price. Bob is only 2 minutes away from the dealer, maybe he can go check it out. I'm sure with your knowledge of cars you'll make the right decision. I hope everything works out for the best.

Don

Car looks in good condition. Looks like someone added a pulley and cold air. Price looks decent. The crappy looking history makes this a decision I'm glad I don't have to make. With the original SAI stripe off, I would replace it with a painted one. I would not pay asking price. Bob is only 2 minutes away from the dealer, maybe he can go check it out. I'm sure with your knowledge of cars you'll make the right decision. I hope everything works out for the best.

Don

I spoke with the delaer last week, they told me that they are NOT budging on the price, compounded with the history, I took a pass...

It would've been a great addition to the collection, as we've got the 40th Anniversary GT-H, a 40th Anniversary KR, then to round out with a 40th Anniversary GT500...

if its not meant to be, then it isn't...on to the next one...

I spoke with the delaer last week, they told me that they are NOT budging on the price, compounded with the history, I took a pass...

It would've been a great addition to the collection, as we've got the 40th Anniversary GT-H, a 40th Anniversary KR, then to round out with a 40th Anniversary GT500...

Great attitude! You'll find the right one to complete the trifecta

Good move, to much "stuff"

I'm guessing you are looking for more collectable over weekend driver. That SS KB 725 HP 40th with " 200 miles" on her is one extremely rare 40th which is more collectable than a regular Super Snake. Yes, it's more money but most of the time you get what you pay for. thumb.gif You get two for the price of one............

BTW: If you get a 40th, you'll become a member of the secret attic gang....... :hysterical2:

I'm guessing you are looking for more collectable over weekend driver. That SS KB 725 HP 40th with " 200 miles" on her is one extremely rare 40th which is more collectable than a regular Super Snake. Yes, it's more money but most of the time you get what you pay for. thumb.gif You get two for the price of one............

BTW: If you get a 40th, you'll become a member of the secret attic gang....... :hysterical2:

And we will teach him the secret handshake.

After I talked about this white 725 HP 40th last week (07XL0099), the seller raised the price from $66,900 to $69,999 on Ebay. Last night it sold for $60,000. Someone ended up with a very special 40th at a good price. :salute: I was so close to pulling the trigger on this one. :finger:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item2578b6e0c8

Item Location: Pleasanton, California, United States Ended: Dec 18, 201220:33:12 PST

Sold For:

US $60,000.00

Archived