TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Losing anti-freeze slowly...

I have had a simular problem. Found out it was leaking from the fitting at the bottom of the radiator that is used for automatic trans cooler lines. Mine is a stick so I was not using them and they were pluged. The fitting itself is welded to the raditor and the weld some how failed and was leaking between the fitting and the Radiator. I would check that out.

I have had a simular problem. Found out it was leaking from the fitting at the bottom of the radiator that is used for automatic trans cooler lines. Mine is a stick so I was not using them and they were pluged. The fitting itself is welded to the raditor and the weld some how failed and was leaking between the fitting and the Radiator. I would check that out.

Cool! Thanks for the tip! haven't even begun to look at it yet! (It's in 'storage', 45 minutes from here, in the garage @ my sister's place. Awaiting body shop work near there, or I'd swap the Charger with it, and bring it home to work thereon).

The gentleman that restored it (30 YEARS AGO, Dick Steinkopf), suggested the usual, check/replace the hoses, as they're probably long in the tooth! Possibly the water pump, etc.

Ordered ALL the hoses, (radiator, heater, trans cooling), as well as the clamps, (all concourse correct), from Virginia Mustang, today.

So I take it that you found out your leak problem and will/have fixed it?

Going to start with the hoses, see if that's the problem, then go from there.

It is a 6, (170 cui), auto, restored 30 years ago by Richard Steinkopf to 'as-delivered' condition. AACA National 1st place in '91, (medallions on grill). Featured (?, three page spread, NOT on the cover, does that mean 'featured'?), in Mustang Monthly in January 97, (the article mentions Mr. S won 2 concourse driven golds at MCA events).

He sold it to a gentelman about 10-15 years ago, my Dad bought it a year after that, (but it sat in Pop's garage 99.99% of the time). I bought it from him a year ago, late August.

• 4 months later...

Might just need to tightened the hose.

That's what I was thinking! :) Pop's taking it to the guy that did the work, that also does 'detailing' (gettin' it done up for the local AACA show), and will have him check it out. Foolish me didn't have a screw driver with me at the show....... :shrug:

Been there done that....

I have a small Craftsmen socket set with a regular and phillips head screwdriver in the trunk for that reason.

We went to an inside car show and they made us disconnect the battery. There was 6 of us and 5 of them had no tools...guess who had to undo batteries?

Archived