TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Tires are Going On Your New Alcoa Wheels?

frank bullitt

Here you go, as promised. I could see the rears rubbing with a taller tire, especially if the car is loaded. Stock suspension would be no problem.

20x10s all around

Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Fronts - 275/35/20

Rears - 295/30/20

Thanks a lot to Jer for getting this done. I love these wheels!!!

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the pics. I will stick with stock sizes. Definitely modification would have to be done for a bigger size rear in a michelin PSS to work. But now I have another question for you. Where did you get those rotors that fit with the brembo caliper?

Where did you get those rotors that fit with the brembo caliper?

I got them from Lethal Performance. They're Stillen rotors. Mine's an 07, dunno if they're the same for the 13 or not. The rears look tiny with the Alcoas now, lol.

Here you go, as promised. I could see the rears rubbing with a taller tire, especially if the car is loaded. Stock suspension would be no problem.

20x10s all around

Fronts - 275/35/20

Rears - 295/30/20

Are you running an adjustable panhard bar to center your axle?

Are you running an adjustable panhard bar to center your axle?

Yes, gotta have one if you're lowering your car. I didn't have to make any adjustments with the new wheels & tires, as it was centered previously. Pretty straight and even. However, in certain situations the car might sit differently than it did before when parked (uneven pavement, hard turn into a parking spot, fat girl in the passenger seat, etc). But for the most part, the rear end will be centered once you've adjusted it.

Yes, gotta have one if you're lowering your car. I didn't have to make any adjustments with the new wheels & tires, as it was centered previously. Pretty straight and even. However, in certain situations the car might sit differently than it did before when parked (uneven pavement, hard turn into a parking spot, fat girl in the passenger seat, etc). But for the most part, the rear end will be centered once you've adjusted it.

Is that her rear or the cars?

Is that her rear or the cars?

:hysterical:

Jer

20x10s all around

Fronts - 275/35/20

Rears - 295/30/20

Now I am wondering about something. Take a look at what Alex did on his boss 302.http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/76275-my-new-boss-302-laguna-seca-has-arrived/page__st__80

He has 335/35s MSS on the rear and it is barely sticking out past the top of the fender. He also has the car lowered with steeda springs. How come his look like it has way more wheel well gap than yours with a 295/30? And to top it all off he is doing this on alcoas, although it is a widened one in the rear.

Can someone explain this?

My car sits lower than it should, as the springs are made for a lighter car. My car would sit higher if I had springs for a vert. I'm pretty sure his Alcoas were widened to the inside. And the 335/30s are one inch taller, which would only make the tire 1/2 inch closer to the wheel well.

I'm kinda jealous now. Those 335s are over an inch and a half wider than the 295s. Maybe I'll have my 2 spares widened once I wear these tires out.

My car sits lower than it should, as the springs are made for a lighter car. My car would sit higher if I had springs for a vert. I'm pretty sure his Alcoas were widened to the inside. And the 335/30s are one inch taller, which would only make the tire 1/2 inch closer to the wheel well.

I'm kinda jealous now. Those 335s are over an inch and a half wider than the 295s. Maybe I'll have my 2 spares widened once I wear these tires out.

Oh what was your drop with the FRPP srpings then? Yes his alcoas were widened to 11.75 to fit the 335. They are 335/35 not 30. But I'm wondering is why do his tires not buldge out of the fender like yours?

If I can I want to put 275/35 up front and 295/35 in the rear. But I just want to get rid of the rubbing fear since clearly it can be done as Alex showed. But I am not sure what to do to get that.

Oh what was your drop with the FRPP srpings then? Yes his alcoas were widened to 11.75 to fit the 335. They are 335/35 not 30. But I'm wondering is why do his tires not buldge out of the fender like yours?

If I can I want to put 275/35 up front and 295/35 in the rear. But I just want to get rid of the rubbing fear since clearly it can be done as Alex showed. But I am not sure what to do to get that.

You are comparing two different body style cars. Alex's is a 2013 and Pig's is the 2007-2009 body with a different style wheel opening. Maybe the 2013 body has a slightly wider fender to cover the tire than the earlier body style. the other thing is Alex widen his tires to the inside pulling the centerline of the tire in, so this would change the shape of the sidewall bulge

You are comparing two different body style cars. Alex's is a 2013 and Pig's is the 2007-2009 body with a different style wheel opening. Maybe the 2013 body has a slightly wider fender to cover the tire than the earlier body style. the other thing is Alex widen his tires to the inside pulling the centerline of the tire in, so this would change the shape of the sidewall bulge

Oh good catch I didn't realize that was the older one. I thought it was a 2010-2012 I didn't look at it close enough I was too busy staring at his wheel wells lol.

So then maybe 275/35 and 295/35 can be done no problem on a FRPP lowered car?

Oh good catch I didn't realize that was the older one. I thought it was a 2010-2012 I didn't look at it close enough I was too busy staring at his wheel wells lol.

So then maybe 275/35 and 295/35 can be done no problem on a FRPP lowered car?

If I can do 285 and 315 tires than you should easily be able to do 275 and 295 tires.

Year and Model: 2009 GT500 Convertible

Factory Suspension or Lowered: Factory

Alcoa Size Front / Rear: 9/10

Tire Brand: Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Tire Size: Shelby recommended 275/35/20 rear, 255/35/20 front

Cost: $1450 out the door - (prices have come down on these, they were $200 more recently)

Tire Supplier: Discount Tire (Meadows/Stafford location in SW Houston) They understood the value of the wheels and took great care in mounting and balancing (I specifically asked for their best installer)

First impressions: It was cold with a light mist so didn't get to fully test them on the way home but overall ride was stiffer over Goodyear's and handling seemed much improved. Ready to get them out on a warmer day for a full test.

This is the plan don't have the wheels yet

Year and Model: 2007 SGT

Factory Suspension or Lowered: Lowered

Tire Brand: Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Tire Size: 255/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear

Cost: tbd

Tire Supplier: Jan Davis Tire (local)

Wheels are here but there is a Change of plans ( I think )

Year and Model: 2007 SGT

Factory Suspension or Lowered: Lowered

Tire Brand: Cooper RS3-S

Tire Size: 255/35/20 front and 275/35/20 rear

Cost: under $1,000

Tire Supplier: Fender Tire (local)

Should be ordering them in the next week or so

• 3 weeks later...

Thankfully in my part of VA, we dodged the recent snow storm and the roads are finally clean.

A huge shout out to Jer for going out of his way to make sure I received the right center caps and in a huge hurry. In spite of all the negative posts that these wheels have generated in the "for sale" sections of various forums, I've always wanted a set of these wheels and really appreciate Shelby making it happen. I'm going to enjoy mine!

The front tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 275/35 on the 9" rim.

The rear tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports 295/35 on the 10" rim.

The car has the FRPP lower springs.

The pictures arent the best, but I was in a hurry.

Alcoas5.jpg

Alcoas4.jpg

Alcoas3.jpg

Alcoas2.jpg

Alcoas1.jpg

Thankfully in my part of VA, we dodged the recent snow storm and the roads are finally clean.

Looks great aclass. You must have had better luck in running without the front license plate than I have. Finally gave up and put it on. I hope the new bill introduced this year passes and will let us get rid of that front plate here in VA.

Looks great aclass. You must have had better luck in running without the front license plate than I have. Finally gave up and put it on. I hope the new bill introduced this year passes and will let us get rid of that front plate here in VA.

That would be nice for sure, but mine is the flip out version from AM and I had it down.

Archived