TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE WAIT ENDED

dave 316

Oh yeah, this law came in affect I believe two or three years ago and let me tell you...don't get into an accident with 4 season or summer tires 'cause this will not only buy you a hefty fine but will also give your insurance company reasons not to pay. They are now taking this business quite serious. I'm actually waiting on some new snow tires and Rims I order at Discount Tire Direct for my little Bimmer X1. UPS tells me they are held back at customs for clearance as of this morning. They better get here before the 15th!

These laws are crazy. The next thing you know they will pass a law in the US saying we can't use incandescent bulbs, oh wait, the idiots already did it! The states are supposed to be automonous and regulate themselves and the Federal Government is supposed to be here to form a national defence of the combined states. They should not be involved in their toilets and light bulbs and the old "National Speed Limit' of 55 MPH. Sorry about going off topic, I hate stupid laws! :offtopic::soapbox:

Oh yeah, this law came in affect I believe two or three years ago and let me tell you...don't get into an accident with 4 season or summer tires 'cause this will not only buy you a hefty fine but will also give your insurance company reasons not to pay. They are now taking this business quite serious. I'm actually waiting on some new snow tires and Rims I order at Discount Tire Direct for my little Bimmer X1. UPS tells me they are held back at customs for clearance as of this morning. They better get here before the 15th!

Do you think the Canadian health care system may have had anything to do with this new law?

Do you think the Canadian health care system may have had anything to do with this new law?

Could be linked to health care. Less serious winter car injuries, less money the province has to pour out of the health care system and maybe more in the polititians pockets!

Time for some pics... Last night I finished it up. Approx 20 hrs of labor went into this detail.

Dave and I smoked a celebratory cigar!

Washing it inside Dave's fantastic garage! Please pardon the quality of the first few pics. They were taken with my iPhone.

Wash.jpg

Through in a 2013 BMW M5 (My brother-in-law) while we had the hose out.

M5wash.jpg

On the lift ready to clay

Onliftbeforeclay.jpg

A little promo for Adams!

IMG_4810.jpg

Interior shot...

Seats.jpg

Post clay... And tapped with 3M automotive tape.

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

Swirls on a brand new car! :runaway:

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4798.jpg

After correction using Adams Swirl and Haze Remover Polish and Fine Machine polish...

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

On the lift with Adams Machine Super Sealant on it curing...

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

After 2 coats of Sealant and 2 coats of Souveran Wax! :drool:

IMG_4830.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

The next victim is in the reflection...

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4836.jpg

IMG_4838.jpg

Hey Master Gator Adams Crash Baitor, great job. :happy feet:

Curious, is the car red or orange? :hysterical:

I think I need to trade some photography lessons for detailing lessons. :rockon:

Race Red... :finger:

Yes you do... My pics are horrible! :doh:

I can't wait for a nice sunny day to take it outside. Maybe they will look nicer. The pics I posted didn't do the car justice. Dave is thrilled and it is like night and day. Even his wife agreed.

Geeze Peter, I think you have outdone yourself once again! ...at a loss for the correct words: Outstanding! Prystine! Exceptional! ...all of the these?

Adimittedly, I was horrified at the surface scratches on this spanking new car! How the F*ck does this happen? Like it was polished with a dirt rag!

Top Honors, my friend! I don't think Mr. Adams himself can out-detail your craft! :worship:

Geeze Peter, I think you have outdone yourself once again! ...at a loss for the correct words: Outstanding! Prystine! Exceptional! ...all of the these?

Adimittedly, I was horrified at the surface scratches on this spanking new car! How the F*ck does this happen? Like it was polished with a dirt rag!

Top Honors, my friend! I don't think Mr. Adams himself can out-detail your craft! :worship:

Thanks Rob... It was absolutely mystifying to see the amount of imperfections on a car with only 20 miles on it and not a day at the dealer.

And I didn't for get your question on the leather. My answer is use Griot's Leather Care. It was much better than Adams Leather Conditioner. Nicer leather smell and better properties.

dave316 I must say that is one badass garage along with a couple mean cars. Congrats on the purchase. Love the color combo you don't see many like it at all

Thanks joey.

I must say, This forum brought me to pete. What a great guy. what i learned in the time he was here is incredible. I feel very confident that with the new flex polisher i ordered, i will soon be getting similar results. and if i don't, pete's around the corner. thank you very much. to see it in person is amazing

to those who dont know, 250 assembly line photo's, all build sheets, and we know exactly where this car was at all times. watched it come off the transporter, and took it home un-prepped. the paint was scratched like it had sat in a yard for months, and ran through a automated car wash. we both said, if the dealer had prepped it, we would have assumed they scratched it up. now it looks like wet red paint. breath taking

Thanks joey.

I must say, This forum brought me to pete. What a great guy. what i learned in the time he was here is incredible. I feel very confident that with the new flex polisher i ordered, i will soon be getting similar results. and if i don't, pete's around the corner. thank you very much. to see it in person is amazing

Thanks Dave... Feelings are mutual!

:salute:

My dealer prepped my car and delivered it to my house. This is the car in the driveway moments after it was delivered. There are no swirls or scratches in the paint according to my wife. She said it has a mirror finish and as you can see there is the reflection of my truck in the car along with the reflections of trees in my yard. It looks immaculate. No complaints about my paint job at all.

post-38911-0-68036900-1355064581_thumb.jpg

My dealer prepped my car and delivered it to my house. This is the car in the driveway moments after it was delivered. There are no swirls or scratches in the paint according to my wife. She said it has a mirror finish and as you can see there is the reflection of my truck in the car along with the reflections of trees in my yard. It looks immaculate. No complaints about my paint job at all.

I would never trust the dealer. Looks great though!

I love to fish! :yup:

How about hunting? Wondering what it would take to get you on a field trip to Colorado...

Ever fished for king salmon in Alaska? I hated fishing until I moved up here. :D

I'm with you there! My Dad, son, and I spent a week in Sitka last summer, fishing for king salmon and halibut. We had a GREAT time, and are still working our way through the ~150lbs of fish we brought home...

hey! i saw him first !! he is mine! back off!!!! :wub::wub::wub2::wub2:

There's enough of him for all of us... :drool:

Nope... But it sure would be nice. Maybe I can arrange a business trip.

Let me know. June or July for kings. August for silvers (best fighters).

How about hunting? Wondering what it would take to get you on a field trip to Colorado...

I'm with you there! My Dad, son, and I spent a week in Sitka last summer, fishing for king salmon and halibut. We had a GREAT time, and are still working our way through the ~150lbs of fish we brought home...

I'm all in for Colorado! That's were Adams is located. Louisville, CO.

hey! i saw him first !! he is mine! back off!!!! :wub::wub::wub2::wub2:

Awe Dave... I'm so flattered... :wub:

We need to start on that 67. I was hoping to come over last night to wash it. Maybe tormorrow night. I'll call you.

Archived