TEAM SHELBY FORUM

THE WAIT ENDED

dave 316

Congrats!

I envy your 4 mile drive home! Mine was a 1500 mile trip from Washington to Colorado. (While fun, aside from the inclement weather I encountered, I could have done without the excess mileage in the first days after taking ownership.) I'm now at just over 2000 miles and, like you, have encountered no clutch smell, and no clunks, and no gear whine. The only noise I could do without is some brake squeal at low-speed.

Norton, I know for me, I dont feel any issue with the clutch, or release at all. My last fox body with a 6 speed also had a dual disk clutch so i guess i was used to it? that was a 1000 hp drag radial car. i can only wonder if you have a lot of manual driving maybe this clutch thing comes into play less? but i will wait to judge it till i rack more miles. also, had the dealer do nothing, no wash, i took all the plastic of etc,,,,

Norton, I know for me, I dont feel any issue with the clutch, or release at all. My last fox body with a 6 speed also had a dual disk clutch so i guess i was used to it? that was a 1000 hp drag radial car. i can only wonder if you have a lot of manual driving maybe this clutch thing comes into play less? but i will wait to judge it till i rack more miles. also, had the dealer do nothing, no wash, i took all the plastic of etc,,,,

That's possible. Like you, I've got many years of experience with manual transmissions. While not the dual disk configuration, that's all I've driven since getting my license 30+ years ago. I find the Shelby's clutch very forgiving and easy to drive, even if a bit "tighter" than the other vehicles I've owned.

My dealer took very good care of me (and the car), but I'm definitely envious of your ability to pull all the plastic yourself. When it comes to detailing, my biggest frustration is waxing "around" the stripes. Keep the wax off the stripes and keep the Aerospace 303 off the paint... What a PITA! I haven't tried the souveran wax you're using, but look forward to your feedback on it.

When it comes to detailing, my biggest frustration is waxing "around" the stripes. Keep the wax off the stripes and keep the Aerospace 303 off the paint... What a PITA! I haven't tried the souveran wax you're using, but look forward to your feedback on it.

Congrats, for some reason your pics arent coming through, maybe its my work computer.

I think for stripes that are not flat white or black, like my glossy sonic blue stripes, waxing them is fine. I just question whether to use 303 aerospace on them before or after waxing them? After waxing them doesnt make sense as the 303 may not stick, but will stripes that have 303 on them hold the wax? Hmmm.

Congrats Dave...I think what people are not understanding their not driving a damn Lincoln but a 662 hp muscle car and there's going to be noises

heck these things are quiet..ever drive a 70 Chevy LS6 with an M22 rock crusher trans..now that was noise..enjoy and keep the rubber side down.. :rockon:

Oh almost forgot...the Pinnacle Souveran you will be useing I use it and it's freaking awersome..you're going to have a deep wet looking

shine that you've never seen before...and Gate's ( Peter Adams )your man to do the job.... :happy feet:

Your not going to get clutch smell from 4 miles of driving. The smells come from smashing the throttle about 80% then speed shifting (not power shifting). You probably should drive the car at speeds above 55 in both 5th and 6th to check for the gear whine. And again if you hear no clunks from throttle changes or letting the clutch out in lower gears then your backlash is set correctly which means you most likely will not have any gear whine in higher speeds and that just reaffirms for me that I have a backlash problem thank you for that.

Your not going to get clutch smell from 4 miles of driving. The smells come from smashing the throttle about 80% then speed shifting (not power shifting). You probably should drive the car at speeds above 55 in both 5th and 6th to check for the gear whine. And again if you hear no clunks from throttle changes or letting the clutch out in lower gears then your backlash is set correctly which means you most likely will not have any gear whine in higher speeds and that just reaffirms for me that I have a backlash problem thank you for that.

It was meant to be a joke. get a clue. Not sure i will have an issue at all. i know how to drive a stick. not my first time around the block. but hey, thanks for the well wishes. good luck 2 you also.

My dealer up here in Quebec, Canada confirmed my 2014 order on November 20th for a Convertible, Race Red, Black Stripe, SVTPP, Recaro, Shaker Pro, Elactric package(NAV). They tell me not to expect it before March 2013, can anyone tell me if March is a possibility? Before or hopefully not much after? Although here in Quebec we have a winter tire only law between Dec 15 - March 15, I'd love to make my first drive March 16th 2013!

Congrats Dave...I think what people are not understanding their not driving a damn Lincoln but a 662 hp muscle car and there's going to be noises

heck these things are quiet..ever drive a 70 Chevy LS6 with an M22 rock crusher trans..now that was noise..enjoy and keep the rubber side down.. :rockon:

Oh almost forgot...the Pinnacle Souveran you will be useing I use it and it's freaking awersome..you're going to have a deep wet looking

shine that you've never seen before...and Gate's ( Peter Adams )your man to do the job.... :happy feet:

thanks keith. pete is a real good dude, and knows his stuff. learning alot from him

Although here in Quebec we have a winter tire only law between Dec 15 - March 15, I'd love to make my first drive March 16th 2013!

Let me get this straight, they actually have a law telling you what kind of tires you have to have on your car for the winter. That is as bad as our government passing a law telling us we have to have 3 gallon per flush toilets. :hysterical:

Now tomorrow, Jerseygator who i met due to this fine forum is coming over for the first complete detail, clay, sealer, souveran wax. Cant wait to see a couple of coats of 75.00 wax on this awesome red paint

Clay, POLISH with an orbital buffer, then the sealers and wax , if you want wax . I stop with the sealant . I use high quality sealants like Klasse or Blackfire Wet Diamond . No matter how carefull I always got wax in cracks, on black trim and on stripe edges . Stripes like having sealant on them . The polish is what is neccessary to bring out maximum gloss and level the surface . I do hear good things about Souveran though, just be careful .

Let me get this straight, they actually have a law telling you what kind of tires you have to have on your car for the winter. That is as bad as our government passing a law telling us we have to have 3 gallon per flush toilets. :hysterical:

Yes, because some idiots try and drive in the winter with their summer tires...... inevitably causing accidents. it is stupid, but it should be common sense to put snow tires on your car if your in an area that sees a lot of snow, like Quebec.

Glad to hear that. I tape cars anyway, just to keep polish and sealant out of cracks too.

That's the safest bet. I didn't during my first pass and ran the machine over the edge of a stripe. Wasn't good. What polishes are you going to use?

That's the safest bet. I didn't during my first pass and ran the machine over the edge of a stripe. Wasn't good. What polishes are you going to use?

Adams Swirl and Haze remover for any micro scratches and surprisingly there are a few... Not many.

http://www.adamspoli...car-polish.aspx

Adams Fine Machine Polish will be the primary product used.

http://www.adamspoli...ine-polish.aspx

Then I'll seal it with Adams Machine Super Sealant.

http://www.adamspoli...er-sealant.aspx

Then Souveran to top it off...

Time to head to Dave's...

:speedie:

Oh yeah, this law came in affect I believe two or three years ago and let me tell you...don't get into an accident with 4 season or summer tires 'cause this will not only buy you a hefty fine but will also give your insurance company reasons not to pay. They are now taking this business quite serious. I'm actually waiting on some new snow tires and Rims I order at Discount Tire Direct for my little Bimmer X1. UPS tells me they are held back at customs for clearance as of this morning. They better get here before the 15th!

Archived