TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Breaking news - Ford releases the order guide for the 2014 GT350!

MMcGuirk

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GT350!

It replaces the Boss 302 in the mustang line up.

GT350?????????? That doesn't make any sence.

Why would Shelby American agree to let Ford produce a GT350 when it is a premium product line for them to build in LV.

Why would Shelby American agree to let Ford produce a GT350 when it is a premium product line for them to build in LV. - $$$$

Not sure how I feel about this. I think it's awesome and I can't wait to hear more about it, but also torn by the confusion that will be caused by "That was the Shelby built GT350 and that one is the Ford produced GT350". We'll see how that shakes out over time I guess.

Not sure how I feel about this. I think it's awesome and I can't wait to hear more about it, but also torn by the confusion that will be caused by "That was the Shelby built GT350 and that one is the Ford produced GT350". We'll see how that shakes out over time I guess.

Not to mention TWO 50th Anniv GT-350 "versions" running around... Talk about diluting the brand... Wonder if dealers will call this one a "Baby Shelby" too ???

Please don't post things that you know are incorrect and act if your in the know!!!! There is nothing in the dlr order guide that was released today about the 14 car that has anything about the gt350. Either your being used as a puppet for someone or you just post crap and don't check your facts. Either way your 100 percent wrong. You should retract your post

Please don't post things that you know are incorrect and act if your in the know!!!! There is nothing in the dlr order guide that was released today about the 14 car that has anything about the gt350. Either your being used as a puppet for someone or you just post crap and don't check your facts. Either way your 100 percent wrong. You should retract your post

Thanks for the info :rockon:

MMcGuirk isn't the first person that I have heard say that Ford will be offering a GT350. I've heard this "rumor" as far back as about 6 months ago that it was being talked about that Ford will be making a GT350. Just because it is not in the dealer order guide yet, has anyone thought that they may not want to release any info on it until the North American Auto Show?

Why would Shelby American agree to let Ford produce a GT350 when it is a premium product line for them to build in LV.

depends; who owns the name now??

GT350 and GT500 are still owned by Shelby Licensing at last check. The Ford SVT GT500 pays a fee to SL on each car, at least that is how it was reported back in '07. SAI only does upgrades on the GT500 in the form of the Super Snake and Shelby 1000. As far as we have seen, all the exclusive GT350 specialty parts are registered to SAI. But then Ford may have other plans. Of course we remember how CS and crew (lawyers) wrestled the GT350 name back from Ford when the '84 Mustang GT350 limited edition came out. Ford Racing has all kinds of goodies to modify the Mustang GT and many are used by SAI. With a big change coming in 2015 to the Mustang design and drivetrain options, I cannot see a one year special model competion for the GT350 nameplate.

Wow, Steve slow down! Like I have a reputation for posting crap?

Read my post again.......I and others have heard rumors of this for over a year.

A dealer friend of mine here locally (is pissed at me because I bought the donor for the 350 from Michael Morris and my last Ford from Manny at Gaudin in Las Vegas) called me a said "you getting one of the new Shelby's?" I replied that I was not really interested in a 13/14 GT500. He came back with "No I am talking about the new model, the 350"

He then started reading from an order guide, stating colors, options and pricing... that is where I got the $47K base. He also said he has a picture but can't show it until after the reveal.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I am not acting as if I am in the know, I am just sharing with people that give a crap about something like this.

A few interesting things here when you add them all up:

Roger is on the SGT forums a while back talking about doing a new SGT

Roger "leaves" Shelby and is a consultant to dealers??

40 Shelbys being sold at auction

just saying.... look at the big picture, it looks like something is up

Archived