TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Mustang Jacking & Lifting instructions

Grabber

Thanks Grabber. I saw your car up on the lift earlier and I couldn't understand how the lifting pads weren't crushing the rocker panels, at least at the front. I have a 2013 if it makes a difference, and the pinch weld is about .375" higher than bottom of the rocker. The lifting pad would have be 2.5" or less wide to reach the pinch weld from the inside only. The rocker has an attaching point right at this lifting point and there is no flexibility for bending the plastic. I viewed the PDF that you posted, but it fails to address this situation.

I do not have a 13 and I guess it must be different. Maybe someone with a 13 can chime in. You are the first one to ever have this problem.

I had the first oil change done at Ford and I can confirm that the lift does contact and slightly push in the rocker panel. I was more than a little shocked/worried about the panel; but, after bringing the car down, it did not deform or scratch the panel.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Grabber. I saw your car up on the lift earlier and I couldn't understand how the lifting pads weren't crushing the rocker panels, at least at the front. I have a 2013 if it makes a difference, and the pinch weld is about .375" higher than bottom of the rocker. The lifting pad would have be 2.5" or less wide to reach the pinch weld from the inside only. The rocker has an attaching point right at this lifting point and there is no flexibility for bending the plastic. I viewed the PDF that you posted, but it fails to address this situation.

Take another look at my post above because I guess nobody else bothered. I gave you the solution to your problem. The nylon bench blocks are 2.5" wide and fit inside the rocker. Here is the link again.

http://www.brownells...8100000_d_11267

Take another look at my post above because I guess nobody else bothered. I gave you the solution to your problem. The nylon bench blocks are 2.5" wide and fit inside the rocker. Here is the link again.

http://www.brownells...8100000_d_11267

I did. Thank you for posting it. Any idea how your solution compares (functionality-wise) to Revan Racing's True Forged Billet Jacking Insert?

I did. Thank you for posting it. Any idea how your solution compares (functionality-wise) to Revan Racing's True Forged Billet Jacking Insert?

Never tried the True Forged Inserts but I am sure they are the right size and would work well. However, the nylon bench blocks non-marring and will not scratch the pinch welds. Price is also an issue. I paid $18.51 per block (miliitary price at Brownells). True Forged inserts are $65 each.

The problem with the revan racing product and the nylon blocks is that it is pretty hard to exactly position 4 at a time when using a 2 post lift. I'm going to create my own blocks to engage the pinch weld and they will have magnets to hold them on to the pinch weld until the rising lift pads make contact.

The problem with the revan racing product and the nylon blocks is that it is pretty hard to exactly position 4 at a time when using a 2 post lift. I'm going to create my own blocks to engage the pinch weld and they will have magnets to hold them on to the pinch weld until the rising lift pads make contact.

I have not had this problem because I use my nylon blocks with my floor jacks only. Interesting thought on the magnets. Seems to me that you would have to have one heck of a strong magnet to make it work. I would be interested in what you come up with. I think it may be easier to tape the nylon blocks in place with duct tape when using a 2 post lift. They are very light and should stay in place long enough to position the lift pads. (I am a strong beleiver that you can do almost anything with zip ties and duct tape).

My hockey pucks stay in place until I remove them. Part of my great engineering :rockon::rockon:

Cost

Pucks - Free :happy feet:

Screws - Already had them in the garage

Time - Free :happy feet:

Total cost Nothing :yahoo::yahoo:

Sounds like you have a pretty good design there. May you should patent it. Where do I get my free hockey pucks?

I am looking for a couple of Mustang scissor jacks. I am going to try to find them at a local wrecking yard, what year Mustangs have the jack I need for a 2013?.

I just picked up a couple of brand new scissor jacks from Menards for $20 each - they work great - just added a small felt pad where the jack contacts the piinch weld to keep from scuffing the weld joint.

I wont buy Torin products, all made in China. Just something I prefer to do.

In many cases, you can use a ramp instead of a jack, depending on what you want to do.

I just got 56" 1 piece Race Ramps and am extremely happy with them for $200 shipped.

They have 2 piece ramps and all sorts of items to store your car off the ground, for trailering etc.

Take a look at the website, then buy them off ebay for a better price. http://www.raceramps.com/

I wont buy Torin products, all made in China. Just something I prefer to do.

In many cases, you can use a ramp instead of a jack, depending on what you want to do.

I just got 56" 1 piece Race Ramps and am extremely happy with them for $200 shipped.

They have 2 piece ramps and all sorts of items to store your car off the ground, for trailering etc.

Take a look at the website, then buy them off ebay for a better price. http://www.raceramps.com/

When I was 17, I had a '67 Olds 442. I rebuilt the 400 ci engine (.030 over), installed a set of long-tube headers and a Holley 780. That car was faster than shit, and it would blow through clutches every other week. I worked at a lumber yard at the time, so I was able to get a set of sawed-off lengths of 2X12s that I nailed together for a primitive set of ramps. They were from scrap lumber, so they didn't cost a dime, except for the nails. Mom & Dad didn't like having to store those those bulky ramps I made and had to store in their garage, but they've since forgiven me for it. I'd limp the 442 up the ramps in our driveway, and I got so familiar with replacing the clutch in that car that I could replace the clutch in about 45 minutes, by myself. OK, I was an idiot. Just thought I would share.

There is a low cost solution to all this that makes life much less stressful and eliminates any chance for error. Jacking rails.

http://store.kennybr...14-mustanggt500

Jim

++ getting them installed on my 07 and 13

Hockey pucks are a great Idea but hard to find for free anywhere west of Vancouver.

• 4 months later...

These tread is very helpful.

My only question is: when you jack the rear using the factory point, where can I place the jack stands as a backup.

From the picture it is very clear where to place the stands of the front, but I don't see any stands on the back.

Thank you very much,

Gus

• 3 months later...

Hey ,everybody. New around here could someone verify that lifting the convertibles should be the same as the above mentioned instructions from ford ?.

The only thing that is different is that you have to have a female assistant help you and she has to be topless. :camera:

Archived