TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake owner feedback wanted

Dealerships vary, and some will do the work without charging after having your car upgraded to a Super Snake, and some might not.

Not everyone has a Super Snake built by Shelby American, least ways get your extra upgrades done there and you have a true Shelby Super Snake.

They will make it right if it isn't, and thats what maters most. Its a matter of choice, as Americans, we have this freedom, do it how you want it, not by a poll taken on a website.

I love my car, and wouldn't have it any other way, and would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Museum Delivery was done on my 2008 GT500 in August 2011, could not be happier. Mr Patterson handing me his card for any follow up issues. Drove 500 miles home to Northern Cal with minor issues, squeaky front spring, missing bezel from hood prop, teflon debris in oil pressure sender, all fixed myself with some guidance from SA shop techs. Could not be happier! My wife and I love the road trips and we enter in a lot of cars shows and have fun with all the wrench heads...good folks and they love to exchange info. Dig my grave a little bigger to allow for a super snake with unwarranted 750 HP!

I am totally happy with my car. Shelby has been very responsive to me. I've had 2 problems since Ive had my car(7/08). 1 self induced, 1 not. My 1st issue was a leaking Baer caliper. Shelby had a new one to me in less than a week. The other issue I had was my fault. I ran a track event with the stock wheels because my track wheels had shot tires(multiple events in successive weekends) and I did not remove the center caps. They melted. Shelby sent me a new set, free! In a week.

I love my car. I track it regularly. I have retired it from the track as I am building a dedicated race car. So I'm starting to drive it on the street more. It turns a lot of heads and makes me smile everytime I drive it or look at it.

I would absolutely do it again.

• 1 month later...

I am one of the original SS owners (CSM 07SS0038) as I believe my car was the 2nd convertable built. I have the original hood with the cardboard intake cut-out. I had some issues with the process of money deposited and wait times but I am sure that process is better now that time and experienced have passed. I had 2 issues with my car after I got it back. The first was the gears in the rear were not installed properly and failed after only 132 miles. I had to have the car towed to a local dealer. Shelby was reluctant at first to send me the replacement parts (accused me of racing) but after some back and forth with the dealer and sending pictures of the tires with the little nipple ends still intack on the tread they did ship them and the car has been fine ever since. The second issue was an oil leak from the feed to the newly installed dash gauges. I smelled burning oil on my engine block and the dealer had to find the source and eventually tighten the loose connection. I only have 6500 miles on my car and have had no problem with the clutch. I have won many trophies and much admiration from those who see the car. I took second place in last years nationals at Carlisle in the SS class. I enter many shows and enjoy speaking to people about my car. I have done some slight modifications to increase the HP (smaller pulley, re-tune) and now my car dyno's at 635 RWHP with about 820 HP at the engine. I have had no issues with the frame or the engine but then again I do baby the car.

Would I SS my car again? Definitely!!!

Archived