TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just for a good laugh

trevor08gt

Nothing new here, just a little more over the top than usual. But really, just go to any MCA event and you will see the "tuners" sticking all manner of personalized aftermarket "mods" stuff (some I would call junk, but that is just my opinion) in all places on new Mustangs. They love the car for "personalization" potential. Just a bit more crazy than what used to happen in the '50s and '60s with most any car.

At least he is not trying to sell it off as something other than a Mustang GT.

+1

Imitation is the highest form of flattery...

He clearly tells you it's a Premium GT. I'm sure it's a "one of a kind show car." He did it all himself and is proud enough to call it a King Cobra.

What about this (at the cars & coffee in Irvine, CA on October 27th)

The faux ducts in the rear quarter windows have "Hot Import Nights" in chrome on them, and next to the S H E L B Y on the back it says "Twin Turbo"...

Anton

:barf:

Thats just wrong on all levels.

We see this guy every weekend Can't wait to see what he has done. Pictures don't show all of it, LEDS, Emblems so on.....

He also has more people looking at his car than anyone else there!!.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. LOL

He also has more people looking at his car than anyone else there!!.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. LOL

Because people can't believe an s197 Mustang that hideous even exists. Especially when there are Shelby and Hot Import Nights emblems on the same vehicle.

What about this (at the cars & coffee in Irvine, CA on October 27th)

The faux ducts in the rear quarter windows have "Hot Import Nights" in chrome on them, and next to the S H E L B Y on the back it says "Twin Turbo"...

Anton

Now I've seen a "FAIL TAIL"!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my. I can usually find something to like on this type of car - sometimes you have to try harder than others.

In this case I'm struggling - lets go with acknowledging that the owners imagination is as vivid as the, erm, interesting colour palette they've chosen to use. :)

I don't actually have words....but I would like to know where he got the rear spoiler (not wing), that looks a lot like the one on the concept

It's called a "ducktail spoiler", made by CDC. We installed one on my son's 06. Nice piece, easy install.

This car is a little over the top, but can't slam on the original car in the Clist ad. Seems like the guy built a nice car. Just because it's not to each individual's taste doesn't mean it deserves to be mocked. Mustang has always been everyman's car. Not everyone has the bankroll to have a Shelby; don't mock them for trying to build something that they think is nice. Makes you sound like a douche.

Not trying to mock the guy for building a car to his tastes, To each his own, He obviously thinks it looks

great and if that's what makes him happy fine.

Just saying it is interesting to see what additions he has added on since the last time we saw him, while his tastes are not

what most of us would want in a car, you have to say at least, it is unusual and different. Just my 2 cents.

Jim

It's called a "ducktail spoiler", made by CDC. We installed one on my son's 06. Nice piece, easy install.

This car is a little over the top, but can't slam on the original car in the Clist ad. Seems like the guy built a nice car. Just because it's not to each individual's taste doesn't mean it deserves to be mocked. Mustang has always been everyman's car. Not everyone has the bankroll to have a Shelby; don't mock them for trying to build something that they think is nice. Makes you sound like a douche.

"Sound like a douche?" Hmm. You must not be talking to me then since I said nothin of the appearance of the original car. My problem is not with the appearance of it but the name and emblems he has on it. It's ridiculous and makes him sound ignorant just like you by using the word "douche." It's just not necessary and very immature. His mods are fine and to each there own. BUT I still hold by my statement that the green Shelby Gt, if it even is one, is absolutely atrocious and is a complete embarrassment to Ford and Shelby.

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Yeah I tell a story of a local kid that got an orange GT and badged it all out in Shelby colors... The kid was in high school and even though dad bought the car, he got a job and put his own money into it (something to be said for that these days). It looked good for a "tribute" car. I coined it a GT499, anyway one night I had a new GTO with a couple kids that would not leave me alone, finally on a lonely piece of road I spanked him pretty hard. A little later at a Sonic they rolled in and the passenger was telling the driver in front of everyone how bad he got it handed to him, and he was professing that he just stayed even with a GT500 the other night, I smiled and asked if it was orange, and explained, that was just a GT that he stayed with, and even if he did stay with a real one, the early ones were 500hp and my very early 07 is sitting at 615hp and he might want to understand the phrase "know your food chain", nicely. About that time, the kid in the GT499 rolled up. He immediately came up and wanted to meet me and shook my hand and was drooling over my car. We had a good time comparing the differences and spent some time letting him show me what all he had done to his. It's so true, Ford built such a wonderful "blank canvas" for people to personalize their vehicle.

Hoping the "douche" comment wasn't aimed at me either....... the car in the link looks fine to me, I don't care if he has Shelby badging on it or not (have them on my Escape) just as long as he doesn't try to sell it as a Shelby.

The green car isn't to my taste but as long as it makes the owner happy who cares? To each their own.

Thanks...but after looking at it, I'm going to have to pass. It's more important to me to keep lettering, and being a vert. I have no place for a 3rd brake light. And in my lovely little town, That would be a sure fire reason to pull me over daily. Robert...if you read this can you look into if the site has been optimized for IE10? It seems I cannot use Enter to add a line break and just have to keep typing. I've run into 2 other sites that IE10 has screwed up for some reason. Way to go Microsoft...take a great product and screw it up. Guess I'll be downloading Firefox or Chrome until it gets fixed.

Archived