Shelbyite

So let's see if I have this right:

Amy; Gone

Bud; Gone

Shelby; Gone

Robert; Gone

Sharron; Gone

Roger; Gone

And those are just the ones I can think off right off the top of my head.

That doesn't exactly exude a 'healthy' Corporation in my mind.

Something about "a sinking ship" comes to mind.

Phill

I remember crispy23c was in line for the Sales job....but other decisions were made. It was sad when he disappeared. He was a good man with tons of Shelby passion.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember crispy23c was in line for the Sales job....but other decisions were made. It was sad when he disappeared. He was a good man with tons of Shelby passion.

Yeah, I didn't know him but I've seen a lot of his past posts and it seems like he was a good guy with lots of great info to share.

Didn't he just recently make a re-appearance on TS? Or was that some old traffic that got replied to and showed up?

Phill

Yeah, I didn't know him but I've seen a lot of his past posts and it seems like he was a good guy with lots of great info to share.

Didn't he just recently make a re-appearance on TS? Or was that some old traffic that got replied to and showed up?

Phill

No crispy23c has never come back. He is a friend of mine and he was one of the original moderators here when it was Stangs unleashed. There was Evil96GT, Kaylan, crispy23c back in 2005. In 2006 I joined those 3 moderators at Robert Lanes request. The 4 of us were pretty tight and we got to know each other very well and we met at the events and communicated thru the phone often. Chris was hired and traveled to all the Mod shops to get them up and running and he certified the cars as they were completed at the different mod shops. He would inspect the cars and install the CSM plaques. He would take photos for the customers and answer there questions. Then....poof he was gone. Chris told me all the details and to be quite frank...it floored me. That's all I will say.

Phill

Chris's prototype SuperSnake is for sale. It was observed and posted here, but he hasn't made an appearance for quite some time. Amy, Chris, Bud and Jenni at Shelby American and Gary Bennett at Barrett Jackson were instrumental in getting our car to the auction. It was a pretty emotional time for us and they led the way.

Chris's prototype SuperSnake is for sale. It was observed and posted here, but he hasn't made an appearance for quite some time. Amy, Chris, Bud and Jenni at Shelby American and Gary Bennett at Barrett Jackson were instrumental in getting our car to the auction. It was a pretty emotional time for us and they led the way.

I did not know his car was for sale. Do you have a link ?

Chris has not posted here in almost 3 years. Below is his last post on record:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/52605-2010-events-in-new-england/#entry892662

Rob, look here:

http://www.teamshelb...ytype-for-sale/

He lives now up nearly where I moved when we lived in MA. I really liked his town, but we decided to leave New England instead.

Wow. I have pic's and video of the car before it was converted. He brought it to the bash in 2008.

Two things about the real world now.

1. Don't expect anyone to work for the same company for life any more. We gave up indentured servitude a long time ago.

2. Don't expect anyone to work for the same company for life any more. Most states are employment at will. You can bet let go tomorrow for any reason, including the phase of the moon.

So, in reality, unless the employee says, you can't tell the difference between 1 & 2. Employer privacy rules prevent them from saying. A confirmation of employment can only include "yes or no" and the salary.

Footnote 1: At-will is in the absence of a contract. The only two classes I know of that have contracts are CEOs and NFL football coaches. Both classes are unique in that they get fired in public - on the front page of the paper - and then get a new job that has more responsibility or for a bigger company or team and get a raise. I want a job like that in engineering.

Absolutely. This is how it should be. I'm all for the company having the power to hire/fire at will as long as they do not have the power to ruin someone's career. If you work for the same company for 10-15 years, that experience must be put on your resume and all it would take is for the previous employer to ruin your future by giving you a bad reference.

Absolutely. This is how it should be. I'm all for the company having the power to hire/fire at will as long as they do not have the power to ruin someone's career. If you work for the same company for 10-15 years, that experience must be put on your resume and all it would take is for the previous employer to ruin your future by giving you a bad reference.

+1000

Frankly I'm sorry to see Roger go. I hope he has a "behind the scenes" role. I spent a fair amount of time with him at the various Barrett Jackson auctions and during my visits to SAI in Vegas, and he was always supportive and helpful with my Mustangs and pointed me in the right direction on the Cobra.

Roger, whatever, good luck! Hope to see you around!

Cheers,

Tony

Since when are Robert and Sharon gone? They are not. They are now just dedicated to Team Shelby. This is a good thing for Team Shelby. Trying to run both Team Shelby and SPP made both suffer. Now that it's split, obviously Jer is doing a fabulous job with SPP and Robert and Sharon can now put their efforts into Team Shelby. I think you will see some good things around here with this change for them.

+1

Roger and Adam were the first 2 owners I met, this was prior to Roger working for Shelby. Both started me on my mod frenzy, I intended to keep my car stock LMAO.

With that said I do not make assumptions, no one knows if Roger left on his own or what really happened. I will say over the years it seems like there is a lot of turn-over at SAI and based on my reading a lot less issues come out of Tasca, they have had the same people for years.

1). With that said I do not make assumptions, no one knows if Roger left on his own or what really happened.

2). I will say over the years it seems like there is a lot of turn-over at SAI and

3). based on my reading a lot less issues come out of Tasca, they have had the same people for years.

1). Seriously? I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say Roger did not leave on his own free will and accord. Roger was upper management at SA and unless he got a high paying job as a CEO of some fortune 500 company somewhere (and we would have heard about something like that (see; Amy Boylan)) it's highly doubtful that he just picked up and left Shelby and Vegas 'for the heck of it'.

2). I don't think people realize how new Shelby American is. The company is in its infancy and as such will go through many growing pains. This is NOT the same company that was formed/founded in the early 1960's, or a continuation thereof. Change is inevitable and as I like to say, "Don't resist change, it will happen without you".

3). Tasca Ford vs. Shelby American = Apples/Oranges. Tasca is a family owned and run business with multiple generations of Tasca's involved. They have decades of history and a name nearly as well known as Shelby (just in different racing circles). I'm sure Tasca ironed out the bugs many many years ago. When their Patriarch died, his sons and their sons continued the legacy known as Tasca Ford. None of that can be said for Shelby American....

JMHO,

Phill

If they all left on GOOD Terms........................why don't they stay on this Forum and Post like they used to do? Just wondering.

I'm kinda still around. I do alot more lurking than posting.I do read the forums everyday day just to see how everybody is doing. Sure do miss all of you guys and gals :) Maybe someday I will be able to make another bash. I do plan on making Carlisle next year---hopefully.

Take care all!!!!!!

Bud

I don't like getting into the politicking, but this news may be premature. Roger lives on the right coast and commutes to LV. He's currently on vacation I do know... but that's ALL I know.

1). Seriously? I think it's a pretty safe assumption to say Roger did not leave on his own free will and accord. Roger was upper management at SA and unless he got a high paying job as a CEO of some fortune 500 company somewhere (and we would have heard about something like that (see; Amy Boylan)) it's highly doubtful that he just picked up and left Shelby and Vegas 'for the heck of it'.

2). I don't think people realize how new Shelby American is. The company is in its infancy and as such will go through many growing pains. This is NOT the same company that was formed/founded in the early 1960's, or a continuation thereof. Change is inevitable and as I like to say, "Don't resist change, it will happen without you".

3). Tasca Ford vs. Shelby American = Apples/Oranges. Tasca is a family owned and run business with multiple generations of Tasca's involved. They have decades of history and a name nearly as well known as Shelby (just in different racing circles). I'm sure Tasca ironed out the bugs many many years ago. When their Patriarch died, his sons and their sons continued the legacy known as Tasca Ford. None of that can be said for Shelby American....

JMHO,

Phill

1). I could be absolutely wrong, but I do not think "Upper Management" at SAI is even close or on the same planet as a CEO job of any large company, let alone a Fortune 500 one. I think you are way off. The fact he lives in Rhode Island and commutes to Las Vegas would wear anyone down, I for one would leave that job after 2 months. HIs title is "Sales/Customer Service", you equate that to an Officer level position? I equate that to something entry management level at best at a fortune 500 company. Just my 2 cents.

2). Look at the financials, they had a fantastic 2007-2008 due to the Shelby Name frenzy when the GT500 first came out, since then they have lost a tremendous amount of money. I agree you can not resist change, if you do the company will move on with-out you.

3). My point is they made Tasca an Authorized Mod Dealer, maybe they can learn a few things from them, but that takes the actual Officers of the company to look in the mirror and admit they are part of the problem. Do not just keep turing your people, if you think all of your people are the problem you need to look in the mirror, then you will find the issue at hand.

Again we are speculating, no one knows what happened.

I could be absolutely wrong, but I do not think "Upper Management" at SAI is even close or on the same planet as a CEO job of any large company, let alone a Fortune 500 one. I think you are way off. The fact he lives in Rhode Island and commutes to Las Vegas would wear anyone down, I for one would leave that job after 2 months. HIs title is "Sales/Customer Service", you equate that to an Officer level position? I equate that to something entry management level at best at a fortune 500 company. Just my 2 cents.

:hysterical2::hysterical2:

exactly.

OK, I have kept quiet, but now the constant chatter has become a little outlandish and overboard. No one has ever actually confirmed that Roger has left Shelby American. The only certainty at this point is he has left Las Vegas and as I said before you don't have to live in the same state to work for the company. So until the actual facts are released can we please stop the constant speculation. Remember everyone what they say about Assume(ing) things.....

Roger has not left Shelby. He is back home in Rhode Island with his family, where he can email me many photos of food not available here in Vegas (like Del's Frozen Lemonade), just to make me mad. (I'm from Southeastern Mass, right near Providence, RI) and often does.

Jer

Hyper....you dont know much.........time will produce a admission by SA....they are always slow to react to these type of matters publically......

Roger is out.

Bye bye......

Roger has not left Shelby. He is back home in Rhode Island with his family, where he can email me many photos of food not available here in Vegas (like Del's Frozen Lemonade), just to make me mad. (I'm from Southeastern Mass, right near Providence, RI) and often does.

Jer

Jer,

Thanks for clearing this up!

I really like Roger Sorel. We first met at Tasca's late summer event in Rhode Island (nearly 500 Mustangs showed up) in 2010.

I know he is one of those polarizing personalities where you either love him or hate him.

Perhaps due to his "car salesman hustle" style of presentation (no dis Rog, just callin 'em the way I see 'em).

Carrol called you the "Money Man" as you would deliver consistantly. Some questioned your "style," but you got the job done.

Every successful company has a Roger Sorel in their ranks somewhere, and I'm glad SAC has you.

P1000341-1.jpg

Wow we can all tell the election is over everyone has been speculating about Rogers whereabouts I am glad he is taking some vacation time. Theses guys at Shelby are some of the hardest most dedicated people I have met and the pleasure to call friends. I met Roger about 4 years ago he didn't know me from Adam. I had not bought a new car. I bought a used SGT. Need a couple things for it. This guy went above and beyond and he didn't even owe me hello. Roger is one hell of a nice guy and I am glad to call him a friend. Also glad Jer jumped in otherwise by the time I get home from work tonight this thread would be another three pages long lol. Jer be careful if you are out of the office for more than a few days next thing rumor is that you left to sell Chevy parts lol

So until the actual facts are released can we please stop the constant speculation.

But it's okay for YOU to speculate???

Phill

Archived