TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger has left Vegas

Shelbyite

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understand Roger has left Shelby in Vegas for good and may be some type of consultant to the company. Maybe he will be consulting with dealers on how to raise their CSI scores

Well, THAT answered my question to Gary Patterson regarding Rogers absence in another post.

I noticed that Roger has been conspicuously absent and I was going to ask Jer about it but then saw Gary answer a post to a guy about getting his car SS'd, where usually Roger answers those questions.

That's a shame. I have a GREAT amount of respect for Roger Sorel. He has always been a straight shooter and a TRUE professional with everyone on Team Shelby. His public actions can only tranmit into his private (in the professional aspect) actions.

This is bad news for Shelby. He was truely a asset to SA.

I know *I* will miss him.

Thanks for everything, Roger. I know I've been a thorn in your side and you have been nothing but professional about it (in case you're reading this).

Phillip Pollard - Colorado Springs, CO

I could be wrong, but when last I spoke with him he indicated that his position going forward was geared at developing new dealership integration. If he has actually left Shelby this would be news to me.

I'm surprised to hear this about Roger but what a very nice Man.... :) I first met him at Tasca Ford in 2007.... :happy feet:

I send Roger my Best Wishes where ever he is.... :grouphug:

I wonder if the NEW guy will allow me to convert my SGT into a GT/SR? LOL

Or a white stripe on a 2010 Super Snake!

<ROTFLMAO>

Phill (inside joke, ya have to have been around here for awhile to 'get it')

So let's see if I have this right:

Amy; Gone

Bud; Gone

Shelby; Gone

Robert; Gone

Sharron; Gone

Roger; Gone

And those are just the ones I can think off right off the top of my head.

That doesn't exactly exude a 'healthy' Corporation in my mind.

Something about "a sinking ship" comes to mind.

Phill

Amy; Gone

Bud; Gone

Shelby; Gone

Robert; Gone

Sharron; Gone

Roger; Gone

Phill

Since when are Robert and Sharon gone? They are not. They are now just dedicated to Team Shelby. This is a good thing for Team Shelby. Trying to run both Team Shelby and SPP made both suffer. Now that it's split, obviously Jer is doing a fabulous job with SPP and Robert and Sharon can now put their efforts into Team Shelby. I think you will see some good things around here with this change for them.

Amy; Gone

Bud; Gone

Shelby; Gone

Robert; Gone

Sharron; Gone

Roger; Gone

Phill

Where you live to do your job, really does not show a "sinking ship" as you put it. It just shows you don't have to be on site to do your job to its fullest capacity.

Amy; Gone

Bud; Gone

Shelby; Gone

Robert; Gone

Sharron; Gone

Roger; Gone

Phill

I disagree - and you certainly cant lump all those people together as some left willingly, some left un-willingly and some passed away.

Robert and Sharon are still part of Shelby, but after the birth of Heidi they wanted to be closer to family so moved back home.

SA also recently lured Jer away from Guitar Center and he is doing a fabulous job at SPP.

That combined with all the recent product launches and the ones scheduled for the upcoming auto shows I'm not sure where you get the "sinking ship" idea from..... :shrug:

Since when are Robert and Sharon gone?

Since the moved back home to Minnesota, or where ever it was they moved back to.

And since Jer (and the other guy) was hired to do his job at Shelby.

Are you saying Robert/Sharron are still in Vegas?

No?

Isn't that called "gone"? Because they surely aren't "there"....

Phill

Where you live to do your job, really does not show a "sinking ship" as you put it. It just shows you don't have to be on site to do your job to its fullest capacity.

Is that why they hired Jer, so Robert could do his job to its fullest capacity?

Or to replace Robert in the parts sales & development dept?

That must be why Gary Patterson is answering all of the Super Snake sales questions now...So Roger can do his job to its fullest capacity.

Phill

Two things about the real world now.

1. Don't expect anyone to work for the same company for life any more. We gave up indentured servitude a long time ago.

2. Don't expect anyone to work for the same company for life any more. Most states are employment at will. You can bet let go tomorrow for any reason, including the phase of the moon.

So, in reality, unless the employee says, you can't tell the difference between 1 & 2. Employer privacy rules prevent them from saying. A confirmation of employment can only include "yes or no" and the salary.

Footnote 1: At-will is in the absence of a contract. The only two classes I know of that have contracts are CEOs and NFL football coaches. Both classes are unique in that they get fired in public - on the front page of the paper - and then get a new job that has more responsibility or for a bigger company or team and get a raise. I want a job like that in engineering.

Archived