TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VMP’s New Stainless Steel 2.5” Pulley (Lots of Pictures)

DocHolliday

VMP 2.5" SS Race pulley for 07-12 GT500 Supercharger

I have been running VMP’s 2.59” stock look pulley for several months, and decided to upgrade to his new stainless steel pulley, primarily for the looks. I decided I would start doing a little under-hood dress up. But, I did pick up about a pound of boost. The pulley I received actually measures 2.52”. The new pulley looks amazing, and is well made just like all of his other pulleys.

With the stainless steel I do recommend using a small amount of anti-seize (or other lubricant) on the blower’s input shaft and the bore of the pulley. Stainless steel will seize and bind very easily. My dad worked for 40 years in a sheet metal fabrication shop so I know this, but I tried to press the pulley on without any lubricant anyway, and it seized about a ¼” shy of flush and snapped the small bolt on the installation tool. I pulled it back off and added a little anti-seize, and it went back on very smooth. Now, I just need to keep an eye on it the next few times I drive the car to ensure the anti-seize doesn’t allow the pulley to back off.

Big thanks to Justin and BJ for the great service! (Even though I missed the 10% off sale by a couple of days! :-P)

IMG_8907.jpg

IMG_8909.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8911.jpg

IMG_8912.jpg

IMG_8914.jpg

IMG_8915.jpg

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

• 3 months later...

Those measurements sure look tight. The pulley looks great. Justin told me that you can put a dab of white lithium grease on the shaft and pulley. The extra grease squeegees right off during installation.

Archived