TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 super snake

1sgt

While the asking price of that is pretty high, a lot of people can't afford to do a Supersnake package and put out 30k at once. I think it's a gorgeous car and at least he is not actually trying to sell it as a Supersnake. Like my car, it is just about the same as what the Supersnakes have minus the upgraded supercharger and interior. No way I could have put out 30k for an SS package. Been working on it for four years. One thing I find interesting about his ad is he says he has 15" rotors. I didn't know the Shelby/Baer systems came in 15".

Agree it is a good looking car and not trying to sell as a real SS. My point is they could have bought a real SS for the $90k they say was invested. For me, it doesn't make sense.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is Gary Disney ??

Gary is a great guy with quality products. He probably did the interior in your SS upgrade. He did my interior in my GT-H and I love it. You will not be disappointed.

Agree it is a good looking car and not trying to sell as a real SS. My point is they could have bought a real SS for the $90k they say was invested. For me, it doesn't make sense.

It doesn't make sense to you. As stated the problem more than likely was the individual couldn't afford to do the build in a one time payment. I was seriously considering sending my own car to be converted to a Super Snake. The problem wasn't the money for me, but the fact I didn't want stripes on the car. Shelby was going to install them regardless of my desires. I decided I would build what I wanted sitting in my garage, instead of what they wanted sitting in my garage. So I have a car with a much higher level of suspension mods with CorteX Racing hardware, a one off set of custom made wheels, along with a set of ARH LTs, Borla mid-pipe and Corsa axle backs that is getting a SS hood installed without stripes as soon as the hood arrives from Shelby. The blower upgrade will be done very shortly also.

The car is what I want it to be, which actually handles better than any stock SS can for the same finished purchase price as a true SS once I finish the mods. Will I lose money when I sell it? Yep, but I'm enjoying it as I drive it now. I'm not worried about the resale value at a later date when I am no longer interested in the car and decide to sell it. For a car that sits most of the time and isn't used as a daily driver, I have 8100 miles on it in a little over a year, So owning a Super Snake to look at isn't my idea of fun either, while worrying about resale value if I drive it or if it is involved in an accident.

Your car should be what you want it to be . I worked a lot of years and I wanted a great car and fell in love with the mustang a SHELBY GT 350 45th anniversary 2011 but I lost it to Sandy . So the next best thing is to get other car so I went with the GT 500 SS . Value I don't care but I did make money on my GT 350 which pay for the SS . I have to say that the man at SHELBY did a great job on my car and I couldn't be any more happy . :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Your car should be what you want it to be . I worked a lot of years and I wanted a great car and fell in love with the mustang a SHELBY GT 350 45th anniversary 2011 but I lost it to Sandy . So the next best thing is to get other car so I went with the GT 500 SS . Value I don't care but I did make money on my GT 350 which pay for the SS . I have to say that the man at SHELBY did a great job on my car and I couldn't be any more happy . :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

1sgt that is all that matters. I'm glad you were able to take the lose of one car and turn it from the dream of owning the SS, into the reality of owning a SS. As I stated earlier your car looks fantastic. My problem with the stripes is my wife cannot stand the looks of them. She was the one that stopped that train from coming into the station LOL. Your cars is Ruby Red, mine is Candy Red. They both stand out in a crowd with the white stripes. Good job sir.

Just a note I have a 2013 coupe candy red V6 for my every day car . THANKS both cars are outstanding . How about a picture ??

Here are a few pictures 1sgt. I don't have any of it with the Super Snake hood installed yet, as the car is still sitting at the shop that is installing it. They are waiting on the final parts to arrive to finish the job from Shelby America. Jer!!!!!!! Help!!!!!! LOL

IMG_3481_zpsab561a1a.jpg

IMG_3482_zps8102edd6.jpg

WB4_zps24ca8cb3.jpg

WB10_zps63361983.jpg

OK I contacted Gary and he was great now I have to remove the center console ?? So I need some help how do I do that ??

The top of the console just pops right off. Open the rear compartment, grab the lip of the top and give it a good yank. As you're lifting from rear to front, reach under it and unclip the electrical connectors. When you get to the shift lever you'll either need to remove the knob or (as I did) unscrew the two bolts that hold the shift lever onto the shifter and bring the knob/lever up with the console.

I'm not sure (I can't remember) if that brings the rear compartment lid with it or not. I'm thinking "not". Are you trying to get the lid off too or just the console top? If just the console top, you're done.

HTH,

Phill

Thanks I need the lid to come off so I can do all of the console .

I plan on working on my car today. I'll take a quick look at the compartment lid to see if I can tell how it comes off. I'm thinking there are 3 screws that hold the hinge to the console.

Phill

• 1 month later...

To the OP.

How close did they come to matching your paint on the Hood. Ruby Red has to be tough to do that to a high level. Did they have to spray onto the fenders and nose to blend it in?

Mr. Haney, I am with you. If they would let you delete certain cosmetic accoutrements, I would be more interested. I love the hood tho.

I agree your car looks great, in the pictures you posted, it looks like the hood is a slightly different color. Matching paint is a PITA.

Could just be the camera.

My wife has a Camaro SS with Chevy's version of the same color and even from the factory, the nose is a different shade.

Drives me nuts.

I ask cause I love the SS hood and I have a Ruby Red 14' arriving next week.

Archived