TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all 2013 GT350 owners, show us your emblems....

It has come to the attention of some recent 2013 GT350 owners and orderers that SAI has been putting 2012 "Powered by Ford" emblems on the fenders and grill of 2013s instead of the as advertised and pictured 1967 GT350 emblems. What kind do your cars have if you have taken delivery or have pictures? Thanks.

Mike,

At the Galpin Ford show they had two 2013's one black w black stripes and one white with blue stripes. Both had the '67 style grille emblem and powered by ford fender emblem.

At Long McArther Ford, KS they had two 2013's one gray with black stripes and one white with blue stripes. Again both had the '67 style grille emblem and powered by ford fender emblem.

Thanks for that info Rich, seems odd they would put the PBF emblems on the sides and the '67 GT350 up front. Of course all the photos on the SAI site of the 2013 GT350 have 1967 GT350 emblems on front and sides. I am wondering now if that stock "5.0" emblem on the front fenders is much easier replaced by the PBF emblem, which is horizontal, than the vertical 1967 GT350 emblem. Still seems inconsistent and a bit unsightly, and I guess the photos on the SAI website are just photoshopped anyway and not real. Then again maybe SAI won't pay Branda's price for the real deal 1967 emblems for the sides :hysterical2:

Thanks for that info Rich, seems odd they would put the PBF emblems on the sides and the '67 GT350 up front. Of course all the photos on the SAI site of the 2013 GT350 have 1967 GT350 emblems on front and sides. I am wondering now if that stock "5.0" emblem on the front fenders is much easier replaced by the PBF emblem, which is horizontal, than the vertical 1967 GT350 emblem. Still seems inconsistent and a bit unsightly, and I guess the photos on the SAI website are just photoshopped anyway and not real. Then again maybe SAI won't pay Branda's price for the real deal 1967 emblems for the sides :hysterical2:

You should probably take another look as what you posted is not correct. Also the GT350 sales flyer/brochure describes what fender emblem comes with the 2013 GT350 (see link below) and contains they industry standard subject to change disclaimer.

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/images/pdf/2013-gt350.pdf

I'm sure most if not all your questions could be answered by your Shelby sales rep and if by chance they're not, it would be best to take your concerns to the Shelby sales diector, Gary Patterson. All the best with your build, the GT350's are awesome cars.

Steve

You should probably take another look as what you posted is not correct. Also the GT350 sales flyer/brochure describes what fender emblem comes with the 2013 GT350 (see link below) and contains they industry standard subject to change disclaimer.

http://www.shelbyame.../2013-gt350.pdf

I'm sure most if not all your questions could be answered by your Shelby sales rep and if by chance they're not, it would be best to take your concerns to the Shelby sales diector, Gary Patterson. All the best with your build, the GT350's are awesome cars.

Steve

Thank you Steve, good to know someone in SAI will get involved in this question. The brochure you link to here, has totally different pictures of the front fender badges than on your website, see here:

http://www.shelbyame...m/2013gt350.asp

Click the left tab "View Photos", all those cars have '67 badges all around. And the copy of the brochure you link to is totally different than the brochure I was sent on mid-October when I paid my deposit. That brochure says vintage GT350 badges on grill and fenders. When we order, which are we to believe? Also, at least one 2013 GT350 customer said he received one with the '67 badges all around, not just the grill. Sorry, you may think this all trivial, but some of us like the '67 badges so much, we waited to order a 2013 since it looked better to us than the 2012. Just personal preference, but that is what customers use to select products. I will contact my sales rep, and since my car was supposed to arrive at SAI a few days ago, also check on that. I do hope he can resolve these issues as I don't like going over people's heads. Thanks for your reply, I will call Monday morning.

We like both badges......it is a personal preference.....the PBF side badges are highly sought after. Any 13' GT350 owner that wants the vintage badge can contact their sales team member to have them put in the trunk for later installation.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Steve, good to know someone in SAI will get involved in this question. The brochure you link to here, has totally different pictures of the front fender badges than on your website, see here:

http://www.shelbyame...m/2013gt350.asp

Click the left tab "View Photos", all those cars have '67 badges all around. And the copy of the brochure you link to is totally different than the brochure I was sent on mid-October when I paid my deposit. That brochure says vintage GT350 badges on grill and fenders. When we order, which are we to believe? Also, at least one 2013 GT350 customer said he received one with the '67 badges all around, not just the grill. Sorry, you may think this all trivial, but some of us like the '67 badges so much, we waited to order a 2013 since it looked better to us than the 2012. Just personal preference, but that is what customers use to select products. I will contact my sales rep, and since my car was supposed to arrive at SAI a few days ago, also check on that. I do hope he can resolve these issues as I don't like going over people's heads. Thanks for your reply, I will call Monday morning.

Mike,

I've sent a note over to our IT department to correct those earlier photos so that they reflect the updated fender badging.

I certainly understand your point of view and would urge you (and others) to take GaryP's suggestion to have the 1967 badges placed in the trunk of your car. SAI has a great relationship with FMC so hopefully it makes sense on why the fender badging was changed.

If you have any other concerns, the sales department is just an email or phone call away. Everyone at SAI is dedicated to making your Shelby purchase a memorable experience and of course I mean that in a good way. And speaking of a memorable experience, are you doing the museum delivery for your GT350?

Steve

Mike,

I've sent a note over to our IT department to correct those earlier photos so that they reflect the updated fender badging.

I certainly understand your point of view and would urge you (and others) to take GaryP's suggestion to have the 1967 badges placed in the trunk of your car. SAI has a great relationship with FMC so hopefully it makes sense on why the fender badging was changed.

If you have any other concerns, the sales department is just an email or phone call away. Everyone at SAI is dedicated to making your Shelby purchase a memorable experience and of course I mean that in a good way. And speaking of a memorable experience, are you doing the museum delivery for your GT350?

Steve

Thanks Steve, yes my choice will to get the proper Shelby GT350 vintage badges put in the trunk and take the PBF ones off after I pick it up. My local Ford dealer has volunteered to do it no charge. I will inform Jeremy of that tomorrow when I call to check to see if anything else has changed about the way I ordered it 10 weeks ago and to check and see if my base car has arrived as FMC's rail tracker shows it did. Thanks and yes, as I did with my 2012 ZR1, the museum delivery is the only way to go with great cars. I hope you guys have a good tour there for me to see, and I am looking forward to driving it home on some challenging roads too, with maybe a stop at Shadow Mountain, Ron gave me a great experience with my ZR1 there. And maybe it will be around the Shelby-fest thing you are having late March? Thanks.

The PBF emblems are much more fitting to the Shelby heritage...in my humble opinion.

I respect your opinion, but disagree. I have a ZR1, what if Chevy decided to take the "ZR1" badge, which is a model designation design cue, off the front fender and stick a "Powered by Chevy" badge on it? I would not like that either. I think as with the real Shelbys in the '60s and early '70, the model designation should take precedent over manufacturer logos. But that is just my opinion as a long time Shelby owner from the '60s.

US 2011 owners faced this same situation FYI- The prototype and advertising for the GT350 showed completely different badges than what the car went into production with. As with most all prototypes, details are fleshed out throughout the process of bringing a product to market.

In our case, I thought the PBF badges were a welcome change, and we even discussed that before its actual release....the prototype needed that change.

Once you get the car, the badges are gonna be the last thing on your mind...trust me.

Agreed. There is enough striping on the hood and side to tell others that you have a GT350! The PBF is a good touch. As for the ZR-1, there are no other logos, stripes or badges on the car to note the model so it make sense.

you guys still arguing about the badges? lol point is I have a deposit down on something and already bought the car, DO NOT be changing anything without informing the buyer!!! If I don't like the changes is FORD going to give me the money back cause I don't want the car umm, nope, hence why I agree with Mike. I like both badges but on this car I want the 67 GT350 badge

• 1 month later...

OK, I have now seen a fender badge I like less than the PBF badges, the new "Stingray" fish on the new C7 Corvette :drool:

You also being a Vette guy I didn't think you would like it. Man does that Vette look like a lot of cars but a Corvette! I see Viper, GT-R, and especially Ferrari 430 Italia in it so WTF is with Ford and GM trying to make our American sports cars into European looking crap!

You also being a Vette guy I didn't think you would like it. Man does that Vette look like a lot of cars but a Corvette! I see Viper, GT-R, and especially Ferrari 430 Italia in it so WTF is with Ford and GM trying to make our American sports cars into European looking crap!

+1, and just wait until we see the corporate blue oval rendition of the Mustang in 2015 :drool:

+1, and just wait until we see the corporate blue oval rendition of the Mustang in 2015 :drool:

that is WHY I bought the 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want my Mustang looking like a reject Aston-Fusion-Mustang hybrid! I don't give a shit about gas mileage and interior gadets give me 500hp with world class handling that means use the Griggs suspension and we all be happy

Archived