TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DFW club GT500

DWY330

Ok guys the club has been up and running for a few months and we have about 18 members now. We meet monthly on the first Saturday of each month at Bone daddy’s in Grapevine for lunch at about 1230. Most of us also attend the Cars and Coffee show in Plano at about 7am.

We try to schedule a different event each month between the car show and the lunch meeting, and have had dyno days at two different local shops. We are looking for new events attend if anyone has some input or feedback, perhaps a track day or autcross?

We have primarily promoted the club on the www.fordgt500.com forum but many have asked for us to post it up on SVT and Team Shelby to see if we can round a up a few more members.

We would also like to start planning for the annual Shelby Fest trip in Herman, MO for spring of 2013 to arrange logistics and such. Our next meet is coming up next week December 1st, and we look forward to hanging out with the guys for the day.

Our annual fee’s ($24.95) covers the cost of keeping the website up and running and getting our club business cards made up to distribute to members which is nice to leave on a car if you see one out somewhere to help promote the club. We are also working on small decals for the cars.

Check out our website:

www.DFWclubGT500.com

As the Team Shelby director for Texas the DFW area is the only place where I couldn't get any traction. Glad to see that you have made some great progress. I encourage all of you on facebook to join the Texas Shelby & Boss club https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasShelbyClub/

I would also encourage everyone to sign up for the Texas Shelby email list. I normally send out no more than 6 or 8 emails per year, although I am going to try to send one every month for 2013. You can sign up here: http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=aj8n6ejab&p=oi&m=1109340384544

We have 1 or 2 very exciting things planned for Texas next year so make sure you stay tuned!

Ok guys the club has been up and running for a few months and we have about 18 members now. We meet monthly on the first Saturday of each month at Bone daddy’s in Grapevine for lunch at about 1230. Most of us also attend the Cars and Coffee show in Plano at about 7am.

We try to schedule a different event each month between the car show and the lunch meeting, and have had dyno days at two different local shops. We are looking for new events attend if anyone has some input or feedback, perhaps a track day or autcross?

We have primarily promoted the club on the www.fordgt500.com forum but many have asked for us to post it up on SVT and Team Shelby to see if we can round a up a few more members.

We would also like to start planning for the annual Shelby Fest trip in Herman, MO for spring of 2013 to arrange logistics and such. Our next meet is coming up next week December 1st, and we look forward to hanging out with the guys for the day.

Our annual fee’s ($24.95) covers the cost of keeping the website up and running and getting our club business cards made up to distribute to members which is nice to leave on a car if you see one out somewhere to help promote the club. We are also working on small decals for the cars.

Check out our website:

www.DFWclubGT500.com

DWY330 - I'm happy to know that there is a club in the DFW area for GT500s, this is the first I have heard of it. Please keep posting DFW events here. Someday I hope to meet up with y'all.

• 1 month later...

Archived