TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I have a question about 2007 Shelby GT for sale in Missoula MT

owenkelley

I'm looking at a 2007 Shelby GT at a car lot in Missoula, Montana - but it does not have the typical Shelby GT hood on it. It has the GT500 hood. I know these cars had issues with the hood scoops, but I hadn't heard if some people replaced the stock hoods with GT500 hoods. Of course it could have been wrecked. The VIN # is - 1ZVHT82H075340240 - I couldn't read the Shelby number off the plaque on the dash because the car was locked. I was hoping maybe somebody on this forum may know this car, there haven't been too many floating around western Montana. The car is solid black with no stripes at all. It can be seen on the Karl Tyler Chevrolet website, search their used car inventory, it displays on page 21. I'm not terribly serious about buying this car, I was just curious. Maybe this is just the car somebody reading this forum is looking for!

Thanks!

Yeah, I just went over and took some pictures of it. Should this car have had silver stripes? It's only got 16,500 miles on it. They are asking $26,000 - which seemed like alot, but according to the NADA book it's about $1000 less than book, when you add for the miles.

post-2337-0-56138000-1353692415_thumb.jpg

post-2337-0-79287100-1353692457_thumb.jpg

post-2337-0-56138000-1353692415_thumb.jpg

post-2337-0-79287100-1353692457_thumb.jpg

Good gosh whats up with the clearcoat on the front bumper? Although the CarFax report shows no accidents I would take a close look for any previous front end damage. CarFax also shows 3-4 previous owners.

Personally I think the $26,000 price is not realistic when you figure in the costs to replace the hood, restripe the car and repair the clearcoat issues. And that doesn't include any hidden items that need attention.

Steve

No clear coat problems, just alot of frost on the car. It was a bit cold out this morning here in Montana! It would be nice to see it all cleaned up, but it appears to be a very nice car. According to a guy I know that works at the dealership, it wa traded in by one of the salesman's girlfriend, who did not own it very long. I'm kinda curious to know where it came from and why there are no stripes and the hood's been replaced. Sometimes when a car has really low mileage for it's age it's because it's been sitting in a bodyshop for a long time, but the carfax doesn't indicate that to be the case.

Stripes are probably gone cause they went bad and the owner at the time just removed them instead of replacing them. There were a lot of issues with the stripes on these cars. Hood could have been replaced for the same reason, just a guess though. It may have been cheaper for them to just replace the hood with a GT500 take off then fighting the good fight to have a the scoop replaced. Again these are just my guesses. There could be a bunch of reasons, only the owner at the time would know. Ask more questions at the dealer.

I do agree with SGT0128, there are a lot of SGT's available out there in way better condition. The only thing going for you on that one seems to be a convenient location.

Jeff

No clear coat problems, just alot of frost on the car. It was a bit cold out this morning here in Montana! It would be nice to see it all cleaned up, but it appears to be a very nice car. According to a guy I know that works at the dealership, it wa traded in by one of the salesman's girlfriend, who did not own it very long. I'm kinda curious to know where it came from and why there are no stripes and the hood's been replaced. Sometimes when a car has really low mileage for it's age it's because it's been sitting in a bodyshop for a long time, but the carfax doesn't indicate that to be the case.

Good to know that was frost on the bumper and not clear coat issues. As others have mentioned, it is a buyers market out there, many other SGT's for sale for less.

Steve

This just has too many red flags for me. I agree with Tony that it makes no sense for someone to pay a premium for a Shelby and then take off so many unique Shelby pieces.

I tend to look at what could be wrong rather than what could be right. An accident not reported to the police or insurance company could explain the hood and stripes removal.

Perhaps the dealer will put it on a lift to inspect the underside. Look under the hood for painted parts that do not match the factory colors and make sure the bolts holding the fenders on are painted and show no signs of removal.

The other thing that stood out to me is the fact that there are no side stripes on it or GT emblems on the front fender. However, if a person just wanted to "black out" the whole car after removing the lemans stripes, I guess it would make sense. I am not really interested in the car myself, I just kinda wondered if maybe one of the previous owners was hanging around this forum.

The other thing that stood out to me is the fact that there are no side stripes on it or GT emblems on the front fender. However, if a person just wanted to "black out" the whole car after removing the lemans stripes, I guess it would make sense. I am not really interested in the car myself, I just kinda wondered if maybe one of the previous owners was hanging around this forum.

It should have the Powered by Ford badges on the fenders not GT

Archived