TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Didn't Receive Your Center Caps?

Jer

Once again thanks for the gift Jer, bit heavy for the ignition so I found a different use......

Ha! I'm doing the same thing with mine! My wife looked upon me with a pitiful face when I suggested it... taking my work home, and all.

Yes, they will bash a hole in the dash if you use them as your regular keychain, I'm sure!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find a tire to fit the keychain rim? - it looks naked without one! :-)

Reminded myself NOT to leave my wheel locknut key in the car (as I have done in prior years) now my prized rims are installed.

Have attached it to my splendid new mini-Alcoa keychain now and always take it with me when leaving the car.

Might not deter the most ardent criminal intent on snatching my cherished rims - but every little helps I guess.

Gentle reminder to all new 50 year Alcoa owners to consider a similar approach - don't make it easy for the bad guys to make off with your cherished rims. Let's keep 'em in the family.

So what about a Shelby quick-release keychain in the product line next year specifically designed to hold locknut keys??

Just sayin......

Where can I find a tire to fit the keychain rim? - it looks naked without one! :-)

Reminded myself NOT to leave my wheel locknut key in the car (as I have done in prior years) now my prized rims are installed.

Have attached it to my splendid new mini-Alcoa keychain now and always take it with me when leaving the car.

Might not deter the most ardent criminal intent on snatching my cherished rims - but every little helps I guess.

Gentle reminder to all new 50 year Alcoa owners to consider a similar approach - don't make it easy for the bad guys to make off with your cherished rims. Let's keep 'em in the family.

So what about a Shelby quick-release keychain in the product line next year specifically designed to hold locknut keys??

Just sayin......

I bet if you went to a hobby shop that specialized in nice R/C cars, Traxxas, etc... you may be able to find a tire!

As for the locknuts, there are many brands. What are YOU using?

Jer

Jer - I'm still using the original McGard locking nuts that came as OEM from Ford:

http://www.mcgard.com/

Anyone seen any reviews of locking wheel nut systems to rate one over the other?

Are locking nuts any more than a minor inconvenience to the ardent and experienced rim thief anyway??

I'd happily shell out real cash money for a system that offered a better than average deterrent to the bad guys.

Jer - I'm still using the original McGard locking nuts that came as OEM from Ford:

http://www.mcgard.com/

Anyone seen any reviews of locking wheel nut systems to rate one over the other?

Are locking nuts any more than a minor inconvenience to the ardent and experienced rim thief anyway??

I'd happily shell out real cash money for a system that offered a better than average deterrent to the bad guys.

I think it helps sort out the casual thief from the ardent one, but I'd be surprised to see anything that TRULY protected. A torch and a socket hammered over the top will usually dislodge most locks.

Jer

Ha! Me too.

I like the caps, but I'd trade someone for the "Red Shelby across the Snake version." Dont know the name of them.

In-house, they're known as the "Cartoon Snake". Available here: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-1130-shlby.htm

Jer

In-house, they're known as the "Cartoon Snake". Available here: http://www.shelbysto...-1130-shlby.htm

Jer

Never realized before that those caps have the Snake facing in both directions. I'm assuming the package contains two left facing caps and two right facing caps.

Now the big question is what direction should the Snake face ;)

Steve

In-house, they're known as the "Cartoon Snake". Available here: http://www.shelbysto...-1130-shlby.htm

Jer

Jer, you guys must have recently received another shipment? Those were my first choice but I was told they were unavailable when you shipped my wheels 3 weeks ago and that you werent sure you'd carry them again.

Jer, you guys must have recently received another shipment? Those were my first choice but I was told they were unavailable when you shipped my wheels 3 weeks ago and that you werent sure you'd carry them again.

We've been busy setting up a new program for center caps.

If you would rather have those, let me know via email, and I'll coordinate with you next week when we're back at work.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Did the center caps come in the box with the wheel? IF haven't checked the wheels in the boxes yet to confirm, I got back from Afghanistan in late December. I'll check tomorrow though. If they come in a separate box, I never got mine. I have all 4 wheels they are in my garage.

Please let me know. Thanks!

They are packed with one of the wheels. Look for a small white label on the side of the box, it will have the wheel size (20x9 or 10) and the box with the caps will have W/Caps in black marker on the white label under the wheel size.

Welcome back to the States.

They are packed with one of the wheels. Look for a small white label on the side of the box, it will have the wheel size (20x9 or 10) and the box with the caps will have W/Caps in black marker on the white label under the wheel size.

Welcome back to the States.

^^^^^This is how mine came !

Archived