TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who ordered a 2013 GT350

My 2013 GT350 Conv. was finished a couple days ago and when I saw it I noticed they changed a couple items from when I ordered it so did any of you know this or not?

The 2013's were suppose to come with the old style GT350 fender badge and instead it has the Powered By Ford badge instead and I wasn't aware of this change until I saw it 2 days ago as car would look much better with the GT350 badge

The GT350 Snake logo design on the seats was also changed but either one is fine

Only thing I don't like is the GT350 wheel caps as these are so bland. For this kind of money you would expect something more appealing

I'm sure Shelby Parts may offer something but again at these prices stuff like this should be standard

Thanks for the heads-up on the issues here. My GT 'vert has just arrived in 'Vegas, and I will get ahold of them first thing Monday to make sure I get the advertised '67 GT350 emblems they have promised on the prototypes and the other things shown.

NO, from what they said you will NOT get the GT350 badges. They said it was decided they would use the Powered By Ford badges. My problem with this is once ordered do not be changing stuff especially if you don't tell the people who already have deposits.

Maybe if you complain too we might get the GT350 badges. One thing I find perplexing is they did less to the 2013 GT350 compared to the 11/12 versions and yet charged us more than previous year for less stuff, hmm, go figure this one

What color is your Conv.? Since not too many of us are doing Conv.'s trying to know what colors are being done? If anyone does the Gotta have it Green in a Conv. you got some balls lol

I will not be happy if they put those tacky Powered by Ford stuff on mine, they should not use the '67 GT350 badges on the prototypes and "Build It" photos if you don't get them, that is deceptive advertising and I suspect my lawyer might be interested. I need to have a long talk with Jeremy Monday, and mine is Grabber Blue with black stripes and wheels, and a wide body kit, I wonder if they still will do those. Thanks for the tips.

Thank you! Glad you want me to be happy with a $90K car. And FYI, some like 'em, some don't, but in the real Shelby GT350 days, I never saw one with "Powered by Ford" on it. I didn't order a 2012, I ordered a 2013, not sure I would have ordered one with "Powered by Ford" on it..

Understood. But as you said, some like 'em. No reason to belittle others' cars to make a point. The 350's that preceded yours also cost a few bucks and the Ford emblem looks pretty good, actually. I doubt that any of those preceding owners appreciate their cars being classified as tacky...just saying.

relax boys they're both great cars... my 2008 GT/SC came with the Powered By Ford badges and I like it on that car but on the 2013 I prefer the 67 GT350 badges and is what we all throught we were getting.

I had a 2011 GT350 reserved but there was a reason why I didn't order it and would have been fine with it 'as is' and I waited for the 13 instead of 12 to get a GT350 Conv. because any color was gonna be available and had NO idea SAI decided to switch from the previous original GT350 Cobra badging which I would rather have but when I saw the 67 GT350 badging I said ok it'll due but only found out Monday they took it off the fender and I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't happy about this.

Understood. But as you said, some like 'em. No reason to belittle others' cars to make a point. The 350's that preceded yours also cost a few bucks and the Ford emblem looks pretty good, actually. I doubt that any of those preceding owners appreciate their cars being classified as tacky...just saying.

I'm sure Mike didn't mean the other GT350's are tacky with those badges just a bad choice of words. I like those badges just not on the 13 GT350.

If they give me any back talk about putting the '67 GT350 badges where they should be as shown in the photos you order from, I will buy some at Branda's and have them shipped to 'Vegas so they can see they exist and have "Manny" put them on, like the Recaros..... :happy feet:

it was finished in early oct

You must have meant late Oct., like Oct. 25? "I got the call yesterday from richard valdes yesterday the 25 th of oct, that my 2013 gt-350 is done.. the car was delivered to S.A.I. sept 18th, i have the museum delivery set up for nov 9th. the car looked good in the pics, the wait was short.... " Interesting though, so a few weeks later they ran out of '67 GT350 emblems? Very odd.

yes, i guess they must have.... i really like mine.. good luck!!!

Can you post a picture? If they installed them on yours and shafting the rest of us that isn't gonna fly

Is yours a 2013 and if so, when was it finished?

Mike, you and I need to find other 13 GT350 owners and get SAI to give us the correct badges, but the two of us complaining won't do much good. If Bunny indeed has a 2013 with the 67 GT350 badges then thats B.S. and we better get them

Mike, you and I need to find other 13 GT350 owners and get SAI to give us the correct badges, but the two of us complaining won't do much good. If Bunny indeed has a 2013 with the 67 GT350 badges then thats B.S. and we better get them

I agree 39, I have not heard back from Jeremy about anything over the last 2 weeks. My car was supposed to be arriving in 'Vegas on rail Nov.19-21, according to Ford's rail tracking service. I will call him first thing Monday and clarify about mine. In the meantime, maybe you should call them and complain as well, and mention Branda has the emblems, in case SAI has run out :hysterical: ,

so maybe they will understand you want a 2013 as advertised, not a 2013 with the 2012 emblems. They need to understand small details make a big difference to some people who don't want "Powered by Ford" on their Shelbys. I'll start a new thread about the emblems here, and see if some other 2013 GT350 owners will answer.

Carroll Shelby once said...."the name doesn't make the car...if the car is great the name won't matter, if it's not the name won't save it". The same is likely for the side badge. Both badges are great, we used them on all of the Shelby GT's and the 11' - 12' GT350's. It is interesting to hear all the speculation ........and no we didn't arbitarily change it and no we didn't run out of badges. FMC asked us if we would kindly continue using the Powered by Ford badge and we agreed to do so after the first of the 13' model year cars were built and delivered. If you contact your sales person he will put the vintage 67' style badges in the trunk for those that would prefer that style and you can install them. Running changes on all models of cars is common practice and is done for a variety of reasons. Now you know the story on this one. The big thing is that the cars look and perform great.....they are also one of very few cars that you can buy today that immediately stay the same or appreciate in value. The GT350 is one of the best car investments and values that you can find on the market today.

The good old days are today......

If you have further questions contact your salesman or if needed me personally.

Gary

Thank you! Finally an explanation for this mid-production change that has baffled many of us as to the logic. I guess FMC has more stroke than I thought. Frankly it is not this one single sudden change from original design that is a bit disconcerting, but what else is changing and when. Those of us who ordered off the old brochure and pictures would at least like to be informed when significant design cues, materials, or components are switched, speaking for me at least. Communication is a key ingredient to customer satisfaction and "no surprises" on delivery, hope you understand and appreciate this. Thanks again, looking forward to my chat on Monday about other items too. Thanks again for your time.

They must think I love starting problems... lmao

I was told car is done, then see pictures of car, car is not what was ordered, am I to blame?

My only complaint is once ordered don't be changing stuff without notifying the customer... its not like this is a TV or Computer we are spending a lot of money so a heads up would have been nice instead of not telling us at all

Guys, There was a running change to the Powered by Ford badge. It is certainly a personal

preference as all of the Shelby GT's and the 11, 12 GT350's had them. For anyone that wants the vintage badge as displayed in the original literature contact your sales team member and they will have it put in the truck for your installation at a later date.

Archived