TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Magnaflow axle back

bergenfelter

I have the SLP version on my 07.

They sound really good.

I didn't notice any drone, but I like the louder exhaust.

+1 I had the SLP Loudmouths on my '08 and loved them. IMHO the '07's -'09's were too quiet stock. I like the way the '13's sounds.

I was going to order the Magna Flows until I just read about the black coming off.

I don't think it will be too much.

SLP doesn't have anything available. Seems they are getting into affordable super chargers more so than exhaust components.

I have the magnaflow muffler delete ( competition series) and the magnaflow street series (mufflers) and there is less drone with the comp series. It is pretty loud for everyone behind you but it is very docile in the cab of the car. I love it. I won't put the street series back on till I get pulled over for noise pollution.

I have the magnaflow muffler delete ( competition series) and the magnaflow street series (mufflers) and there is less drone with the comp series. It is pretty loud for everyone behind you but it is very docile in the cab of the car. I love it. I won't put the street series back on till I get pulled over for noise pollution.

That is what I was looking for - thank you - would be interested in how the coating is holding up for you.

Actually magna-flow custom made them for me as I was the mock up vehicle. I see they only have the comp series in black. I have heard good and bad things about the black tips. I can say this, on all the ones that failed magna-flow has replaced them no issues. Good luck and I hope to post a review on the comp series as soon as I receive my go pro hero 3 black series.

I wouldn't think so. The 5.8L can't be any louder than the older 5.4L sans muffler. I'm just happy with how my '13 sounds........for now!

It is a little louder as the cats are a high flow cat from the factory on a 13 Shelby. This is only true if we are talking stock for stock between the older models and the 13.

I had the black street series Magnaflow on my GT500 and had to send back two sets so far. They both flaked off quite a bit, no problems with returns or refunds. Magnaflow outsourced the coating process and they are looking into that company right now. I went back to the polished version, at least for now.

Archived