TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Run Europe 2013?

sgt1020

Depending on what will be going on in the world in 2013 I would consider doing the run. I had wanted to do the last one but I had some health issues that got in the way.

With the amount of work that was put into SRE12 there is no way I could do it again for 2013 :drop::hysterical:

Right now the plan is to do a "reverse" type trip for 2014. I'll be bringing people (and their Mustangs) to the U.S. for the 50th celebration in April. After that I will be able to refocus on Europe again and plans are already in the works for Shelby Run Europe 2016 (SRE16). If there is enough interest I will do it every 2 years, if not then probably every 4 years. There are many, many options for Europe so no two trips will ever be the same.

I've also had many people ask about a trip to New Zealand so I am looking into that as well. :drool:

With the amount of work that was put into SRE12 there is no way I could do it again for 2013 :drop::hysterical:

Right now the plan is to do a "reverse" type trip for 2014. I'll be bringing people (and their Mustangs) to the U.S. for the 50th celebration in April. After that I will be able to refocus on Europe again and plans are already in the works for Shelby Run Europe 2016 (SRE16). If there is enough interest I will do it every 2 years, if not then probably every 4 years. There are many, many options for Europe so no two trips will ever be the same.

I've also had many people ask about a trip to New Zealand so I am looking into that as well. :drool:

What were the costs associated with the last run? (Doesn't need to be an exact amount) Just interested to know to get an idea or ballpark of how much will be needed for the whole trip.

Good stuff Sean...SRE 2012 was in a word...EPIC :rockon:

Keeping fingers crossed that I can play again in 2016....me thinks it may be two cars, wife and daughter in one, while son I are are in another...just like Patrick & Astrid

• 2 weeks later...

Do it again :happy feet:

The meeting in Stuttgart at the Meilenwerk :camera: and the trip to Neuschwanstein with the dinner we had together was a great event which I will ever remember a tell to my grandchildren.

2014 a Shelby Run U.S for Europeans :shift:, great idea :headspin:

Greetings from Germany,

Christian

Good stuff Sean...SRE 2012 was in a word...EPIC :rockon:

Keeping fingers crossed that I can play again in 2016....me thinks it may be two cars, wife and daughter in one, while son I are are in another...just like Patrick & Astrid

I agree with brother Michael......that would be a sweet adventure Tom. SRE will always be on our list of must do vacations/adventures. Ink Marji and I as "attending".

SRE Forever.

please confirm approx cost for this event including car shipment etc. thanks Steve

I do not yet have a price for Shelby Run America 2014 or Shelby Run Europe 2016. SRA14 pricing should be announced by next summer and SRE16 by late summer or fall of '15.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a suggestion for the planners..................

the event should be (at least) 15 days this time, possibly even 18 to 21 days, not 10.

This allows for a larger distance to be covered with longer stops and hopefully some

down time along the way.

Dutch Bunny knows.......like when you all come to the US each year to tour.....

its never for 10 days, always 18 to 21, the way it should and needs to be for another Europe Run especially considering

the cost of shipping and airfare......the most expensive parts of the bill........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Put me on the list for the SRA 2014 and the SRE16!!!! I can't wait to see you guys all again. :happy feet:

Driving on the Nürburgring is not more the same for me after the awesome time i had with the SRE 2012 Members.

So many people had ask me already when they can see again so many Shelbys driving on the Nordschleife in the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new here i've had my GT500 since last summer, where will a possible SRE 2013 be held at? Nürnberg Ring? If so, it's close to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Put me on the list for the SRA 2014 and the SRE16!!!! I can't wait to see you guys all again. :happy feet:

Driving on the Nürburgring is not more the same for me after the awesome time i had with the SRE 2012 Members.

So many people had ask me already when they can see again so many Shelbys driving on the Nordschleife in the same time.

Tibor, It would be GREAT to see you again! I'll keep you updated on SRA 2014!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tibor, It would be GREAT to see you again! I'll keep you updated on SRA 2014!!!

:worship:Yes please keep me updated!

Can't wait to see you all again and also to drive on a American Road again. After i had to move back to Germany in 2010, i have start to miss all the events, weekly meetings and road trips that i had do with other Team Shelby Members or Mustang Owners in the US. The weekend at the Nürburgring with you guys together was the best weekend i had since some years.

Archived