TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07-09 dash plaque

We will have options for all Shelbys. No ETA, but they WILL be available.

Jer

Would love for these to be brought back. They deffintly spice up the interior. Anyway they can be made?? Seen that you can still get them for 10-13

Wasn't that a product the foundation was going to sell with their auto pen signature tool. I would also like to buy the one that fits between the air vents.

Ok thanks jer. Will there be email sent out when this happens? And also thanks for helping bring back the alcoas.

It will be posted on these forums. Thanks for your support!

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

I want one too. The first one I had that was signed by the man himself was stolen off the car! ETA? Again thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this project and the 50th alcoa project.

You are the man!

Making headway on it. I'm trying to redo the whole process, to shorten lead times and give the customers more choice.

Jer

Would there be any way to differentiate the auto-pen signature from the real thing? I have not seen one of these....so I can't tell if its obvious to the naked eye that it is machine generated Vs hand written.

Carroll's hand-written signature on my own '09 is a most cherished possession that I value greatly for its originality and as a tangible link to the great man and legend....even more so given that we sadly lost him this year.

While I most certainly endorse a re-run of the plaques to allow those wishing to buy and install one on their own vehicles (they look great), I do think it might be appropriate to engrave a date on any auto-pen plaques to make it clear what they are.

Authenticity is important to me and, I believe, to many Shelby owners.

Does anyone else have thoughts to share on the use of the 'auto-pen' for future signed items??

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, teachy said:

How can I order a Shelby signed dash plaque for my 2009 GT500 convertible? Please send reply to wing2001@shaw.ca

https://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-GT500-Dash-Plaque-07-09-p/9s3z-6304460.htm

Then you can send it to the Shelby Foundation for an auto-pen signature for a fee.

image.png

Archived