TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Book on Ebay, other Shelby GT stuff for sale

StratGirl

Since I lost my Shelby GT to Hurricane Sandy, I'm starting to sell off some GT-related stuff.

"Building the Shelby GT" book (SOLD on Ebay for $332.77)

signed airbag cover with authenticity certificate (SOLD on Ebay for $760)

unused wheel center caps: (SOLD!)

dash plaque (SOLD on Ebay for $499)

Used SHELBY GT / Shelby Automobiles License plate frame from the now defunct Shelby Automobiles:

photo15.jpg

Used Shelby GT Suede dash cover:

photo10.jpg

Edited by StratGirl

powered by ford badges sold to Nordic!

Yep, I've been here since the beginning. Don't worry, I'm already shopping for a new, gently used Shelby. Looking for a GT500 this time, perhaps a convertible. I'll still be around!

Did ok with the insurance payout. Got around $34k, then had one more payment to make, deductible, etc. Looking to pick up something used in the $35k ballpark.

powered by ford badges sold to Nordic!

Yep, I've been here since the beginning. Don't worry, I'm already shopping for a new, gently used Shelby. Looking for a GT500 this time, perhaps a convertible. I'll still be around!

Did ok with the insurance payout. Got around $34k, then had one more payment to make, deductible, etc. Looking to pick up something used in the $35k ballpark.

A friend of mine picked up a 2008 Shelby GT 500 Vert for just $34K. It is Torch Red (or Race Red) with just 6500 Miles on it.

I think Shelby American would like to have the plaques from wrecked cars sent to them so that way people don't build fake SGT's and sell them to uneducated buyers. I think I remember reading that in another thread about a wrecked grabber orange SGT

I figured someone would buy the plaque as a piece of memorabilia to throw on their garage wall. I highly doubt throwing a plaque on a regular mustang would be enough to fool anyone. As for sending it back to Shelby American, if they would like to reimburse me for it, great. I'm certainly not giving it away.

I threw it up with what I consider a high reserve. If it doesn't sell, I'll hold onto it. I could use the cash right now, and I'm doing what I have to do.

I'm just bummed you didn't buy the car back from the insurance. I guarantee you would have made much more money by buying it back and selling the whole car here. It would have made somebody a great daily driver or rebuild. These cars are really pretty easy to fully disassemble, replace the harness, carpet, etc and make as good as new. Actually, there have been quite a few people duped into buying cars they thought were Shelby's because of dash plaques and engine plates from wrecked cars. Theres multiple examples here on this web site. Oh well, best of luck on your sales and at least Shelby has record of what happened with these parts because you are here. I'm sure there will be many clones built out of Sandy's destruction.

PBF badges sold and shipped out already (I move fast!)

Dash Plaque going up on Ebay tonight.... I'm morbidly curious what it will bring.

Glad you did sell the PBF badges and I felt being in second position was not as good as being in the Poll position. I found a new so I guess it's a tie even in the photo finish. lol. Good luck with the rest of the sale.

Thanks for the PBF badges. I move fast too...... B)

I hope you do get top dollar for everything that you are selling. You went through a lot with Sandy I am sure your SGT wasn't the only thing you lost so you deserve to get TOP dollar for everything, I can't imagine the stress you had to endure.

If you don't get your reserve for the dash plaque and hood plaque I would definitely hold onto them. I can only imagine that as every year that goes by they will increase in value.

Just curious if you play in a band since your name is Stratgirl?

Thanks, yeah, the neighborhood is still in ruins. A lot of people lost everything. The Red Cross has been amazing. And believe it or not, there's a group of Buddhist Monks that have been equally helpful, giving out cash and helping with supplies.

Used to play in many bands professionally. I have a degree in performance/music business from Berklee (most famous fellow classmates were John Mayer, and "Gangnam Style" Psy). But the lifestyle grew old. I wanted a 9 to 5 gig, so I went to law school. Now I have my own law firm.

Okay!

Signed airbag cover sold on Ebay for $760, for those keeping track of the values of these things.

I just picked up a 2008 Bullitt Mustang to have fun with until the 2015 body style comes out. Then I'll pick up a GT 500. Figured a Bullitt would be a fun choice with the 45th anniversary coming up.

...hmmm, now I have to start with mods all over again!

Edited by StratGirl