TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hard to think it could happen, but she's gonna look even better than before. :wub: , Fantastic stuff you're doing Dan.

Marji and I are also looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks......gonna get our party on. :yahoo:

great progress Dan, cvant wait to see her all done!

MY500SS said it best, hard to think of your car looking better than it already did,

congrats again!

Thanks guys! And yes Dan, Can't wait till then!!!

Dan

Stopped by on Tuesday. Hood is painted and striped along with front and rear bumpers. The trunk wasn't completely prepped to the painters liking in time, so it will get painted today, along with the black textured portion under ther hood. Then assembly and color sanding on Thursday, and I take possession on Friday!! :yahoo:

Sorry for the pics as they were taken thru the paint booth's windows.

100_2933.jpg

100_2930.jpg

100_2931.jpg

Another one of their projects was cleared when they did my stuff, but if you look closely, you will see the stripes carry over underneath the hood.

100_2934.jpg

Dan

Stopped by on Tuesday. Hood is painted and striped along with front and rear bumpers. The trunk wasn't completely prepped to the painters liking in time, so it will get painted today, along with the black textured portion under ther hood. Then assembly and color sanding on Thursday, and I take possession on Friday!! :yahoo:

100_2933.jpg

100_2930.jpg

100_2931.jpg

Another one of their projects was cleared when they did my stuff, but if you look closely, you will see the stripes carry over underneath the hood.

100_2934.jpg

Dan

100_2933.jpg

100_2930.jpg

100_2931.jpg

100_2934.jpg

Dan

Looks great Dan

My car will be done next week. Polishing paint etc and reassemble. Looks like my grill is flush. To me it looks ok that way and several others said the same thing. I am not going to try and change it now. Are you relocating your washer nozzles to the wiper arms?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Harald and ITHERTZ66 for the lack of updates. We have been on vacation in Vegas for the past week. The car was supposed to be ready the morning we left, but wasn't to our liking in a few spots, so we left it with the painter, also another issue came to light.

Long story short, there was a problem we ran into with the driver side fender. Specificly where it comes to a point over the head lights and meets with the hood. It was tweeked causing a clearance issue between the hood and fender. I had noticed the fender appeared to dip in further on the old hood, but it wasn't an issue.

So basically I told the painter we will deal with it when we get back from vacation. We might have to pull the fender off completely and reposition it. The painter said he could try to "massage it" in place, but was afraid that the paint might get screwed up on it.

I didn't want to deal with anything and ruin vacation and Christmas worrying about it, so Monday I'll head over and see what needs to be done to correct it. The alignment on the other side was perfect, by the way.

And to answer ITHERTZ66, the GT-H hood held way too much heat under it (I assume from the S/C, as I never noticed it much before), thus the desire to eliminate the heat and keep the look of the hood.

On a positive note, we stopped by Shelby today and saw Jer. He took time out of his busy day to spend some time with me and my family. THANKS again Jer!!

Dan

A quick update. After moving the fender as much as possible, it's still not enough. After a close examination, we were able to see where the end of the fender has been previously manipulated to make the GT-H hood fit properly. We compared both sides and you can visually see where the driver's side fender has been worked over.

So... we're going all in...lol The body man is going to straighten the end out which will probably require painting and blending.

So instead of picking the car up today (which happens to be my daughter Erica's 18th birthday) it'll be next week...

As a teaser, the pic below is how the under hood will look. This was the first go around and a few minor changes have been done for the final.

100_2937_zps8e6e7f79.jpg

Dan

Picked the car up yesterday evening, just a small item I need to take it back for, but it's finally home!!!

After we get the correction made, then it's off to get clear bra'd.

Under the hood

100_3254_zps7bef211c.jpg

100_3256_zps93c5eab8.jpg

Back side of the mesh is black to blend in.

100_3260_zps9c22f534.jpg

100_3258_zpsee4bee94.jpg

100_3257_zpse41a1d1b.jpg

Dan

It does my heart good to see all these Deep Draw hoods being installed. Truly my favorite Mustang hood.

Jer

p.s. Dan, what paint brand and code did you use for the silver stripes?

• 3 months later...

Dan,

I'm embarking on this adventure as well and I wondered if I could ask a question of two.

The underhood section that you had painted black, what type of paint was used? I know this area of the hood is much rougher. Was much prep work down to it before it was painted? I read that you used a 'textured" paint. Do you remember the product name? Is is glass or matte finish?

That was more than two questions..LOL. Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan,

I'm embarking on this adventure as well and I wondered if I could ask a question of two.

The underhood section that you had painted black, what type of paint was used? I know this area of the hood is much rougher. Was much prep work down to it before it was painted? I read that you used a 'textured" paint. Do you remember the product name? Is is glass or matte finish?

That was more than two questions..LOL. Sorry.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Not exactly sure what was used, but similiar to a bed liner type product I believe. It's a gloss finish as it was clear coated with the rest of the under hood.

Archived