TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Like Harald (H0050) and a few others, we're putting on the Deep Draw to replace the CS6/GT-H hood. The car is in the shop now getting the work done. A lot of discussion has occured on how to finish the underside and I think we finally came to a conclusion yesterday...lol

Initially we were going to have the entire underside white with stripes mirroring the topside. After looking at pics of other deep draw hoods, we came to the final decision of white with stripes but the middle section will be flat textured black, mimicking the pics posted by DH777 in another post.

Unpacking the hood

100_2845.jpg

100_2844.jpg

100_2846.jpg

dry fitting the hood

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

yesterday day at the paint shop, a little progress. The paint guy said next week old stripes will be off and taped up for new stripes to be applied.

100_2880.jpg

100_2883.jpg

The front bumper is going to be repainted due to several rock chips and a clear bra will be applied after curing!

Dan

Does the hood line up evenly with the front edge of the fenders?

It will when done. The one pic with the new hood on is not totally aligned, just set in place to see how it fits. Because I had to modify my intercooler reservoir tank a little, the hood needs to be recessed slightly in one spot for it to clear it. The body guy says it will be no problem and when done, you won't even know that it had to be changed.

looks good dan cant wate to see it in person

JIM

Neither can we Jim...lol

Dan

Dan, looks good. We are at about the same progresst my front and rear bumpers are off. I am also painting with the textured black in the center as those shared on the Terlingua site. Did you notice how much lighter the hood is compared to the GT-H / CS6 hood?

Dan, looks good. We are at about the same progresst my front and rear bumpers are off. I am also painting with the textured black in the center as those shared on the Terlingua site. Did you notice how much lighter the hood is compared to the GT-H / CS6 hood?

I really didn't pay attention to the weight difference Harald. I was too damn excited to get the hood on to see it clear the S/C... :hysterical2:

It may take them an extra week to finish it, as this is a shortened week and the paint change we made, but that is fine with me and they have other projects going on at the same time too.

Dan

Stopped by the shop today before the holiday, a little more progress! The section that was hitting the IC tank and was modified is being glassed over. The owner says the hood fits fine now and lines up perfectly. :yahoo:

He said the stripes will be removed Monday and hopefully in the booth for paint Friday next week. :rockon:

100_2884.jpg

100_2885.jpg

100_2886.jpg

100_2887.jpg

My holiday/weekend project is to clean the grille and replace the faded running horse emblem.

100_2888.jpg

100_2892.jpg

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Dan

Lookin' good!

Can't wait to see it done. You would think I would have mine done already, being at Shelby, but the shop's still way too busy for a side project!

BTW (and I may take some heat for this), I couldn't help noticing the split-bumper Camaro in the shop background. LOVE those cars.

Flame suit ON! LOL...

Jer

Lookin' good!

Can't wait to see it done. You would think I would have mine done already, being at Shelby, but the shop's still way too busy for a side project!

BTW (and I may take some heat for this), I couldn't help noticing the split-bumper Camaro in the shop background. LOVE those cars.

Flame suit ON! LOL...

Jer

That's my friend Bill's. He has a mechanic's shop near me and is building that as a project. He's the one who recommended the paint shop to me. Going tomorrow to check on the progress.

Dan

Tuesday's progress

100_2894.jpg

100_2896.jpg

100_2905.jpg

100_2913.jpg

100_2906.jpg

100_2907.jpg

100_2908.jpg

A little filler had to be used on the new hood in the area Harald pointed out before. The stripes should be painted on the roof today!!

And my busted driver's side driving light will be replaced while everything is off.

Dan

Wednesday's progress

The stripes on the roof peeled off no problem and the roof stripes were able to be painted. The stripes on the trunk on the other hand are being a pain in the ass. The hood should get painted white today and stripes on the front and rear bumper covers also. Everything else should be painted by Friday!!! :yahoo:

100_2914.jpg

100_2915.jpg

The painted on stripes on the roof.

100_2917.jpg

100_2918.jpg

And I was able to replace the broken driving light on the driver's side. It looks a little funky because of the sunlight hitting it.

100_2919.jpg

Dan

Wednesday's progress

The stripes on the roof peeled off no problem and the roof stripes were able to be painted. The stripes on the trunk on the other hand are being a pain in the ass. The hood should get painted white today and stripes on the front and rear bumper covers also. Everything else should be painted by Friday!!! :yahoo:

100_2914.jpg

100_2915.jpg

The painted on stripes on the roof.

100_2917.jpg

100_2918.jpg

And I was able to replace the broken driving light on the driver's side. It looks a little funky because of the sunlight hitting it.

100_2919.jpg

Dan

My painter was not happy with how hard it was to get my stripes off! but the results have been awesome. Looks good.

Wow...Looking FANTASTIC Dan!!! Had a bit of a scare when I saw the first group of pictures with blue tape on the lights...I was thinking they were going to paint the bumpers on the car!! You did it right and it is going to be well worth the cost and wait. Can't wait to see you both in 2 weeks...

Alex

Stopped by the painter's today. They ran into a snag and had some of the paint lift when removing the stripes on the rear bumper and a little section on the trunk. So those will be repaired properly and the white will be repainted. I kind of figured this would happen but was hoping it wouldn't. So the new deadline is car will be done next Friday. A little bummed in the delay, but want it done right!!

100_2921.jpg

100_2923.jpg

And a shot to show where the hood was altered to clear the S/C tank. Once it's painted, you won't even know that it had been changed.

altered-1.jpg

Thanks Jim, Alex, Harald and everyone else for the comments!!

Dan

Dan my painter painted the front bumper stripes on the lower section so he now needs to redo. Not sure why he thought this, oh well. I am glad I cought it before they cleared it. So much for snags.

Only a minor snafu Harald. Good thing you caught it early.

Dan

Hard to think it could happen, but she's gonna look even better than before. :wub: , Fantastic stuff you're doing Dan.

Marji and I are also looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks......gonna get our party on. :yahoo:

Archived