TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Legitimate or just another scam?

Shelbyville

I guess it depends on the vehicle. My neighbor had been trying to sell his 2010 Chevrolet Duramax 2500. He had it listed for a couple of months and never got a bite. A dealer sent him one of those postards and he ended up selling it to the dealer for $500 more that he was listing it for. He just took the check and went home. He didn't even buy a car from them. Crazy huh.

Not a scam - marketing

Yep marketing.

I get them all the time, ever since I had my GT500 serviced at a local dealer.

I don't think they have a "need" for my vehicle, they have a need for making money.

I certainly want them to make money I just don't want to finance the process, lol.

I don't think they want your GT500 they want to get you into the dealership, they are in need of used cars but not the GT500. In the east a lot of cars were lost due to the storm so there is going to be a demand for cars.

You need to read the fine print on these as well. I have received a number of them on the GT500. At one point we had considered one of the offers toward a '13 GT500 as they were offering MSRP. However, the fine print indicated that they would be deducting for mileage. Not actual mileage mind you but a preset 15,000 per year. Once that was taken into account, it just did not make sense to us to go with the '13.

I can see getting them from local Ford dealers where I have had service or parts done but MOPAR? That one kind of took me by surprise. I haven't been in a Chrysler/Dodge dealership since....well, EVER. What do they think I'm going to trade a GT500 for? A Challenger? :hysterical::hysterical2:

Archived