TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Twinkies on ebay going for big money, really???

Very sad, first the Unions destroy the Big 3 Auto Industry, now Hostess. Think about how the Big 3 could compete if they were not Union, they would dominate the entire World Auto Industry.

US Post Office reports a $16 Billion loss thanks to Unions, but they can not go out of business thanks to all of us tax payers.

Just Saying..............

It's funny that they list a fresh date. They are so packed with preservatives they should last forever.

Exactly. My theory growing up was if I ate all those preservatives, they would preserve me and I would live forever (hey, I was 9).

Jim

I have been a union man for many years and I find this disspicable for a union to do this to a company. I saw that they wanted a pay cut 8%. Depending on how much money the bakers made not bed concidering they would still have a pay check. My union has given back to contractors in the past because without union contractors the union goes out of business to. Looks like they are going to sell it . If I was going to buy Hostess i would not go union . Just look at how the union handled this one. Thye wonder why theu have such a bad reputation

I have been a union man for many years and I find this disspicable for a union to do this to a company. I saw that they wanted a pay cut 8%. Depending on how much money the bakers made not bed concidering they would still have a pay check. My union has given back to contractors in the past because without union contractors the union goes out of business to. Looks like they are going to sell it . If I was going to buy Hostess i would not go union . Just look at how the union handled this one. Thye wonder why theu have such a bad reputation

I spent my early years in a union as well and support the concept. What I took note of here is that the Teamsters, and no one is going to accuse them of being pushovers, looked at the situation and reluctantly agrees to concessions. It will be interesting to read the post mortum on this and find out who in the bakers union underestimated Hostess' sense of things because one would not think they are selling the company just to spite the bakers. Tough deal for sure.

Jim

Hey all you union blasters,

If it wasn't for the unions we would all be working for min. wage with no benefits. Ask the school teachers and the goverment workers to drop their union. P.S. There is no union where I have been working for 26 years, I'm constantly told that if I don.t like the way I'm being treated,leave. My insurance has gone from $50.00 a month to $425.00 a month in 3 years and no raise!!!!

If it wasn't for the unions we would all be working for min. wage with no benefits. Ask the school teachers and the goverment workers to drop their union. P.S. There is no union where I have been working for 26 years, I'm constantly told that if I don.t like the way I'm being treated,leave. My insurance has gone from $50.00 a month to $425.00 a month in 3 years and no raise!!!!

I agree Unions were put in place for good reason, but they are not adapting to change. Pensions and Free benefits are a thing of the past, to many lawsuits and people taking advantage of disability in Unions. I greatly prefer a work-place where the hardest workers that produce the best results get rewarded accordingly, in Unions that is non-existent. I do not care how much drive you have, if you work for a Union and see the slackers getting paid the same as you after a while you become one of them.

Sorry to hear about your company, that is unfortunate, if they have been that way for a while I am curious why you stayed with them.

I work for the government and I will never join a union. I am not going to pay someone to do something that I can do for myself.

I loved how shortly after the storm came through NY the union prevented non-union works from helping to restore power. If I remember correctly a power company from Alabama sent crews and trucks up to NY to help. The union guys were calling them scabs and refused their help.

I work for the government and I will never join a union. I am not going to pay someone to do something that I can do for myself.

I loved how shortly after the storm came through NY the union prevented non-union works from helping to restore power. If I remember correctly a power company from Alabama sent crews and trucks up to NY to help. The union guys were calling them scabs and refused their help.

You are absolutely right, I have relatives that still do not have power. Many workers came from all over the country to try to help, they were driven out by the Union Workers. The sad part is the Government just let it happen.

The unions aren't innocent either!!!! Everyone has to use that thing called common sense. There is no reason why people should be still without power. I stayed at the job because it was good until the last couple years. I still love what I do , it's just the guy I work for. I had another job offer a couple years ago and they begged me to stay so I did.(my mistake)

Be thankful that you have had a steady income for the past 26 years,a lot of people have lost there jobs and can't find another, and there unemployment has run out. The grass always looks greener on the other side, but is it.

YES, In the beginning, Unions were needed. NOW, they have turned it into a Business for themselves. They don't Care about the Business and I don't think they really care about the Workers. They are KILLING this Country.

I wholeheartedly agree with the union comments. Hell, the bakers wouldn't even up a day off on their birthdays. Who gets a free day off for their birthday??? Unions should NOT be in government jobs, as they self-serve themselves while raising our taxes higher and higher.

Back to the original post, I read somewhere on internet this interesting observation:

"The Mayans have predicted the world will end in December of 2012 - to bad the one company that makes a food that would survive the apocalypse is going out of business!"

Sam

Not all unions operate in a negative manor and it is not fair to classify all unions as such. I just felt I had to say that because this thread has struck a nerve with in me. I understand the urge for some to go on a union bashing tirade, but it just does not sit well with me because I am and have been a union worker all my life.

Back to the original post, I read somewhere on internet this interesting observation:

"The Mayans have predicted the world will end in December of 2012 - to bad the one company that makes a food that would survive the apocalypse is going out of business!"

Sam

If the Company that Buys the Name & Recipe makes them whith out changing anything, you can still get them.

If the Company that Buys the Name & Recipe makes them whith out changing anything, you can still get them.

That is the good news for those of us who are closet Twinkie eaters. You just know that someone will buy the recipe and be smart enough to not mess with it. As long as another company picks up Twinkies and as long as the Spam company does not go out of business, I can continue to enjoy my two dark culinary secrets indefinitely (and, yes, I am serious about Spam - we would have Twinkies for desert after a main course of Spam). ;)

Jim

I agree with Grabber--you can't label all unions together as it is their leadership that can make or break a deal!!!!!!!!!! Remember,do we all want to work for wages that we see in countries like China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would take us our entire lifetime just to afford the tires on our Shelby!!!!!!!!!

With regards to the Twinkies---I think they have been around since the cave dwellers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived