TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Conv. finished, but

Today I get an e-mail saying my 2013 GT350 Conv. is finished but they made an error building it and if they think I'm accepting it this way, they're out of their minds! ALL along everyone involved knew I needed the Recaro's in it but since you can't order a GT Gonv. with the Recaro's we had to do it another way and lets just say I got more irritated then helped. I see pictures of my car without the Recaro's and they installed the GT350 covers on the factory seats and this is their mistake but I get told you can still have the Recaro's but it won't have the GT350 finish on there like the car was ordered and as I was promised it would be.

I have had nothing but a headache ordering this car!! When I ordered my 2008 Shelby GT/SC through 'Bud' there were ZERO problems!!

I am so disgusted I may put the car straight up For Sale!!! If interested in a 2013 GT350 Conv. White w/ Black stripes and has an Automatic tranny, send me a message.

Will never buy a new Shelby ever again after this treatment

I would be furious too, they should absolutely make it right. BUT I agree with Dennis, approaching it in a cival manner (Not saying you didn't) will be much better than yelling and screaming.

Does your contract state what you were supposed to get? Do not accept it if it does, they make it right or yo do not take the car, unfortunately you might have to get a lawyer involved.

Sorry to hear this. When I ordered my 2013 GT350 'vert in mid-Sept. they stated emphatically that Recaros are not available and for me just to forget it, I did, but I don't like the Recaros anyway, tried them in a LS Boss 302 and they don't fit me, so I was not concerned. But if you really wanted them, and they said they could deliver, then that is just wrong. Maybe your salesman was just too optimistic about what could be done, and didn't understand?

Sorry to hear this. When I ordered my 2013 GT350 'vert in mid-Sept. they stated emphatically that Recaros are not available and for me just to forget it, I did, but I don't like the Recaros anyway, tried them in a LS Boss 302 and they don't fit me, so I was not concerned. But if you really wanted them, and they said they could deliver, then that is just wrong. Maybe your salesman was just to optimistic about what could be done, and didn't understand?

Mike, I need the Recaro's due to rare and painful nerve damage I have in the base on my spinal-cord that makes it extremely painful to sit in most car seats. The factory Mustang seats after about 10 mins I'm sweating like a pig on a BBQ from the pain! In the Recaro's I do not have this discomfort because they are made different. And NO I wasn't yelling at them or anything as everyone involved from Day 1 knew I would never order the car without the guarantee of getting the Recaro's which I was given and considering I got that guarantee on an e-mail which I still have, lol, we'll see what happens... its very simple, they made a mistake and they need to fix it

Previous car I ordered which was from Bud who we all miss I had ZERO problems!

Can someone explain why the Recaros are not available on the conv.?

My guess would be is that the Recaros are not part of the standard option package. If they deliver the car with them he will have a One of One car delivered from Shelby.

I can't speak to the promise of getting them, sounds like a sales person really screwed up.

Hope you get it straightened out. I think you will really like the car when you get it. Believe me I know how you feel about the ordering process and the sour taste it leaves.

Can someone explain why the Recaros are not available on the conv.?

The SAI rep I ordered from and am working with says that Ford will not put them in a convertible due to "safety" reasons. Then SAI would have to install them, and I suspect things like airbags, etc. are not correctly functional for a convertible and perhaps there is some federal government requirement on seats for convertibles I'm speculating here in the last sentence, but if SAI could make money and not violate some NTSB rules, why wouldn't they put them in?

The SAI rep I ordered from and am working with says that Ford will not put them in a convertible due to "safety" reasons. Then SAI would have to install them, and I suspect things like airbags, etc. are not correctly functional for a convertible and perhaps there is some federal government requirement on seats for convertibles I'm speculating here in the last sentence, but if SAI could make money and not violate some NTSB rules, why wouldn't they put them in?

All true but you can order a GT500 Conv. with the Recaro's so that blows that idea up

All true but you can order a GT500 Conv. with the Recaro's so that blows that idea up

OK, so if SVT puts them in (and thus I assume if you order a SuperSnake 'vert you can get them), why wouldn't SAI put them in and charge you accordingly? I find it odd that SAI would pass up a chance to make some bucks on mods unless there is a legal or other issue that blocks them. I guess you really need a much better explanation from SAI, and we would all benefit from the answer here too.

the matter is being resolved but SAI is not installing them... what makes even NO sense is SAI takes out the factory seats and recovers them if choose upgrade interior option and then reinstalls the seats, but they won't install the Recaro's... yea, no sense at all...

I'm aware a little programming might be involved due to the airbags in the Recaro's but its not that hard

the matter is being resolved but SAI is not installing them... what makes even NO sense is SAI takes out the factory seats and recovers them if choose upgrade interior option and then reinstalls the seats, but they won't install the Recaro's... yea, no sense at all...

I'm aware a little programming might be involved due to the airbags in the Recaro's but its not that hard

See post #9 They won't install something that isn't part of the option package. Now why it's not an option is anyone's guess. :headscratch:

I'm glad to hear you're going to get your seats, they should be sweet.

So who is installing them for you?

So who is installing them for you?

I don't want to get anyone in trouble so lets just say Manny is installing them... ask Jeremy if you want his info

Sounds to me like "Manny to the rescue"

But it should never have gotten this far without some prior warning to you from SAI.

In any event, congrats on the car, and sorry for your aggravation. Manny "saved the day" for me too. Sometimes, communication at SAI is lacking.

Post some pics of your new ride!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Pat

Sounds to me like "Manny to the rescue"

But it should never have gotten this far without some prior warning to you from SAI.

In any event, congrats on the car, and sorry for your aggravation. Manny "saved the day" for me too. Sometimes, communication at SAI is lacking.

Post some pics of your new ride!

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Pat

you said it correctly 'communication' or lack there of

The warning I got, 1 week before FORD shipped car to Vegas so 5 weeks after I ordered the car and to me that's bush league. I don't like to start trouble but my Irish blood I will speak my mind and for how much money we are spending and this is my 2nd car at Shelby in 5 years you'd think their loyal customers would be treated better. I originally got blamed for this mess and no sir that sh** isn't gonna fly with me so this will be the last car I order from them. Always will be a lift long Shelby fan

• 1 month later...

if the ordering process wasn't a headache this time around when the car was delivered a little over a week ago it came with a chip on the front bumper cover that everyone involved is playing dumb. Auto shipping company upon pickup noted it in their inspection before delivery yet when I ask they all claim 'I don't know anything about that'... amazing customer service

Archived