TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 Red Stripe or '69 GT500 Fastback????

GOVert

So, I just bought a Grabber Orange 'Vert and I LOVE it!! My local dealer has a Black/Red Stripe Appearance package car reserved in my name. So do I sell the '69 so I can buy the Black/Red '07 or do I keep the '69 GT500???? :unsure:

KEEP THE '69! dear lord please keep it! or sell it to me for a nice price :D

But seriousley, keep the '69. Better to have a new one and an old one than two new ones!

You could always sell the GO vert for the black w/ red... but dont get rid of the 69... u will kick yourself everyday you go out into your garage and see it missing if you do.

Sell the 1969 Fastback!...dont listen to these guys...THEY ARE CRAZY NERDS who dont know what they are talking about! Get the new car!....SELL ME THE fastback! :hysterical2:

Kidding. I think we all agree...the 69 is a keeper....dont let go of that one or YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!

Post a pic of it if you can !

Alex

SELL IT SELL IT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend I have two old Shelby that are OLD. 1967 GT 500 and a 1969 GT500.

Lets start with the facts the newer cars will kick the older cars ASS. I know I have a grabber coupe and I bought a Black vert also. 500 horses in 20yrs from now is still 500 Hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the old cars but there NO comparision with the performance but the choice is yours just like it was mine.

Bottom line,,,,,,,,,,, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BillyRay

post-3364-1177715448_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1177715544_thumb.jpg

SELL IT SELL IT SELL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend I have two old Shelby that are OLD. 1967 GT 500 and a 1969 GT500.

Lets start with the facts the newer cars will kick the older cars ASS. I know I have a grabber coupe and I bought a Black vert also. 500 horses in 20yrs from now is still 500 Hp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the old cars but there NO comparision with the performance but the choice is yours just like it was mine.

Bottom line,,,,,,,,,,, GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BillyRay

+1 Totally agree!!! With all the no rattles, far better handling as well as straight line performance,options,technology from tires,suspension to engine etc. no comparison! I would sell the 69 everyday to obtain these new Shelbys,especially being mod friendly to upwards of almost 700-800 hp and all the SAI pkgs. being available, and still run on pump gas! Please,..IMO this is a no brainer. Unless of course your keeping it for just sentimental reasons,but even then for me ,I still will take the new ones all day long! We may never get another chance like this with gas prices and future government possibly trying to shut these kinds of cars down again in the near future. Sell it ! You'll never regret it!

+1 Totally agree!!! With all the no rattles, far better handling as well as straight line performance,options,technology from tires,suspension to engine etc. no comparison! I would sell the 69 mach everyday to obtain these new Shelbys,especially being mod friendly to upwards of almost 700-800 hp and all the SAI pkgs. being available, and still run on pump gas! Please,..IMO this is a no brainer. Unless of course your keeping it for just sentimental reasons,but even then for me ,I still will take the new ones all day long! We may never get another chance like this with gas prices and future government possibly trying to shut these kinds of cars down again in the near future. Sell it ! You'll never regret it!

Great way to see it. But it is still a 69...its they originator to all these modern muscles. It really is based on taste and car crazyness

Great way to see it. But it is still a 69...its they originator to all these modern muscles. It really is based on taste and car crazyness

Thats true! Different strokes for different folks. IMO, just for me,..69-70 model were the least attractive out of the first run of Shelby's from 65-70. They almost look alittle like a javelin in the front instead of the previous stangs. But either way they're pretty cool and you can't lose value wise. I'll take the new SuperSnakes however! ;)

Thats true! Different strokes for different folks. IMO, just for me,..69-70 model were the least attractive out of the first run of Shelby's from 65-70. They almost look alittle like a javelin in the front instead of the previous stangs. But either way they're pretty cool and you can't lose value wise. I'll take the new SuperSnakes however! ;)

You do have a point! Previous models were better looking.....but hey....either way works. Trade a STANG for a STANG or keep your STANG.....You have a STANG regardless! Cant complain....life must really suck for those who have to make such decisions. Pity the fool!

You do have a point! Previous models were better looking.....but hey....either way works. Trade a STANG for a STANG or keep your STANG.....You have a STANG regardless! Cant complain....life must really suck for those who have to make such decisions. Pity the fool!

lol. amen brother!

If you already have a 2007, getting another one is just gonna be like driving the one you have. However you get a completely different experience driving the 96 GT500. Ofcourse the 2007 has better hp, better handling, better all around performance, but if you have one then you already have a car to experience all that in. If you ever want the experience you get from driving a 69 GT500, which is completely different, then youll have the option for that aswell if you keep it. 2 driving options vs 1 driving option that is the same for 2 cars. Just my opinion.

Here are my reasons behind wanting the Black coupe in addition to my GO 'Vert. I want to do a little road racing and open road racing. The convertible is not suited for track duty like the coupe and I cannot think of a better car than an '07 Shelby for such a task (except a Z06, but I am a Ford guy). So why did I buy the GO 'Vert? Because I have always wanted a Grabber Orange convertible in a vintage Mustang and this is the coolest car I have ever seen wearing the color for the price (I cannot afford to buy an old Shelby 'Vert).

As for my '69, it is a cool car, but is not a cherry original or anything special. It is a driver quality car with a lot of incorrect drivetrain parts and it is nickel and diming me to death. It does have a 428CJ motor, but it is not numbers matching. I have only owned it for 1 year and I do not get emotionally attached to my rides (I have had over 50 Mustangs in my 41 years). I know I can find a better car than this one, albiet for a bit more money. But it is a solid car that turns heads and draws crowds whenever I drive it.

I know the '69 is a better investment financially, but the Black/Red coupe looks to be a rare car in the making. At this point in my life I think I would enjoy racing more than turning wrenches. But I am still struggling with this decision.

Anyone interested in purchasing the '69, it is for sale at $79,500 FIRM!!!!

Todd 512-791-2173 or 512-259-0720

Ah - topic sentence comes at last:

Anyone interested in purchasing the '69, it is for sale at $79,500 FIRM!!!!

I really have been struggling with wether to keep it or not. Ultimately I have decided to not get the Black/Red car and I am still going to sell the '69. I am thinking that having one Super Snake '07 will be better than having 2 stock cars. :happy feet:

I really have been struggling with wether to keep it or not. Ultimately I have decided to not get the Black/Red car and I am still going to sell the '69. I am thinking that having one Super Snake '07 will be better than having 2 stock cars. :happy feet:

Print this quote out, and the entire thread. This way, when regret sets in, and you're pining for that old 69 to get around the block, you'll have this to read and remind yourself to punch yourself in the face/nuts.

Keep the classic, it's a classic for a reason.

Archived