TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby American Bash 2013 Save The Date!!!

sharon

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slight correction... we will begin the Bash with a get together Weds 3/20 and the actual Shelby Run to LV is Thurs morning 3/21.

So is there a group of people that leave from LV on wed to get to LA for the run back? I will most likly be picking SS up from SA that week and I am trying to figure out when I need to be where as far as reservations go.

On a sidenote, what do people do as far as verts go and track time? Is there something that can be done at the track for this rollcage requirement? Pretty bummed if I cant take it on the track.....

This will be our first time and hopefully we do make it. I certainly get the impression that this is the type of thing that makes great friends because I see that referred to time and again. Is there a first-timers get together or maybe a ribbon on the name tag to designate that? I know some people aren't as outgoing as others-my husband much more reserved than I for instance. Just a thought. :idea:

This will be our first time and hopefully we do make it. I certainly get the impression that this is the type of thing that makes great friends because I see that referred to time and again. Is there a first-timers get together or maybe a ribbon on the name tag to designate that? I know some people aren't as outgoing as others-my husband much more reserved than I for instance. Just a thought. :idea:

First - timers get to clean/wipe down all the Shelbys in the parking garage while they are spending hours on end starring at the dozens and dozens of Shelbys ( at least that's what they told me my first time there ) . Other than that you can tell a newbee by the look in their eyes - no ribbon needed !

First - timers get to clean/wipe down all the Shelbys in the parking garage while they are spending hours on end starring at the dozens and dozens of Shelbys ( at least that's what they told me my first time there ) . Other than that you can tell a newbee by the look in their eyes - no ribbon needed !

Oh great! I like the sounds of that-so I will bring a bucket on the plane with me. LOL

So is there a group of people that leave from LV on wed to get to LA for the run back? I will most likly be picking SS up from SA that week and I am trying to figure out when I need to be where as far as reservations go.

On a sidenote, what do people do as far as verts go and track time? Is there something that can be done at the track for this rollcage requirement? Pretty bummed if I cant take it on the track.....

Roll cage requirements for convertibles is pretty much standard operating procedure at most tracks.

I am planning to do like last year and meet in Vegas Wed morning and then roll out for LA after the SAI Museum tour ends. We had about 10 Shelby's do this last year. It's a great option for anyone who is south, north or east of Vegas who is going to attend the Shelby Run from LA to Vegas. There is no one in charge of this and it is not an official deal, but if enough people are up for it, I guess I can kind of co-ordinate the gig.

OK- I do not mean to stir up any issues (mods wipe this post out if inappropriate). I can see the $799 with 2 days of track time included; NOT an issue. Just trying to figure out the $599 for non-track folks. Just what do you get for $599..sorry I'm simply not seeing 3 dinners and a poker run in that price range. I'm obviously missing something big.

OK- I do not mean to up any issues (mods wipe this post out if inappropriate). I can see the $799 with 2 days of track time included; NOT an issue. Just trying to figure out the $599 for non-track folks. Just what do you get for $599..sorry I'm simply not seeing 3 dinners and a poker run in that price range. I'm obviously missing something big.

Bring your Boss and drive it on the track. That's why Ford made them.

I think I'm in! It would be #3.5 for me, in '08 I went along for the ride as there were no official tickets left, in '09 I did the full tour, great times, and again in '10 had fun. In '11 and '12 my personal life was kinda uh, chaotic but as of now, I don't need 'permission' anymore ;-) So I think '13 is calling out to me...

WooHoo!!! A Shelby Dodge owner coming to the Bash. The last couple of years have been pretty quiet with the Dodge's, the 2012 Bash had zero Dodge people and the 2011 Bash had just one Dodge owner attend.

Steve

I am planning to do like last year and meet in Vegas Wed morning and then roll out for LA after the SAI Museum tour ends. We had about 10 Shelby's do this last year. It's a great option for anyone who is south, north or east of Vegas who is going to attend the Shelby Run from LA to Vegas. There is no one in charge of this and it is not an official deal, but if enough people are up for it, I guess I can kind of co-ordinate the gig.

As long as my car is done, I will be up for it!

Archived