TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford racing shelby gt500 engine dress-up kit -- m-6766-m54

terpman

Have these on my 2011, install is easy. You have to remove the windshield washer cap to install the new one. The dip stick has a roll pin that can be removed with a small pin punch, pay attention to how the old handle was put on. I went with this set because it follows my underhood theme, ( Ford Racing ), & everybody on the planet has the Shelby caps.

6April2012JDMtrip005.jpg

18Feb2012motorshots001.jpg

18Feb2012motorshots005.jpg

18Feb2012motorshots006.jpg

I bought the kit, quality is very high and they come packed like they are expensive. You have to re-use the dip stick, but it took about 2 minutes to knock out the roll pin from the original so no big deal. Only issue is on the window washer fluid reservoir (at least in my 2010) you have to cut a very small piece of plastic that held the OEM cap, so if you decided to go back you would have to buy another plastic reservoir. All the caps that fit over the originals fit perfectly, but since they are a fit over design over they are somewhat larger, so it takes a minute to get used to the "big" look.

Idle-Hour..thanks for the pics, like that look of your engine, very nice, where did you find the Ford Racing emblems to go on the side of your supercharger ? Did you have the same issue stevenh mentions on the window washer reservoir ?

Stevenh, thanks for your input, much appreciated

I have found them at Blue Oval Industries for $299.00 and free shipping

Idle-Hour..thanks for the pics, like that look of your engine, very nice, where did you find the Ford Racing emblems to go on the side of your supercharger ? Did you have the same issue stevenh mentions on the window washer reservoir ?

Stevenh, thanks for your input, much appreciated

I have found them at Blue Oval Industries for $299.00 and free shipping

The blower was part of an FRPP kit, it came that way.

I did have to modify the washer reservior..

where did you find the Ford Racing emblems to go on the side of your supercharger ?

That's not a stock supercharger on his car. My guess is that it's a Ford Racing 2.9L or 3.4L Whipple. It could be a 4.0L but regardless, it's a Whipple not a OEM Eaton.

Mine (FRPP/Whipple 2.9L Polished) came with the FRPP logo/stickers on it just like his, so I'm ASSUMING his did too.

You *might* be able to call Whipple and get a set but you'd probably have to lie and tell them your Ford Racing logos fell off (or were pulled off/stolen) before they gave or sold you a set. Whipple (factory/company) is real good about customer service and relations.

HTH,

Phill

The blower was part of an FRPP kit, it came that way.

I did have to modify the washer reservior..

Guess I should'a read ahead before answering his question for you!

What is, or what did you do to your MC reservoir? Is that the new Shelby one? That looks sharp, cleans it up a lot. I want to see if I can get JUST the Super Snake style PS fluid reservoir (the round 'spun aluminum' one) and replace the plastic ones. But then again, they do both match the OEM radiator over-flow tank and the Roush 3x IC degas tank.

Phill

Archived