TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Would you trade you're recaros for these?

svt13

Decided to start a new thread since there isn't much else going around so for fun

Would you trade you're recaros for these carbon fiber caravaggio daytona seats? They can come stiched in any combination you can imagine. Price is 6k.

Pictures:

http://forums.corvette.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2761092-another-caravaggio-interior-in-a-zr1.html

http://forums.corvette.com/c6-corvette-zr1/2893402-caravaggio-full-leather-interior-complete.html

Only thing you lose from doing this is seat air bag.

it doesn't look like you would gain much over the Recaro's with those seats, probably a weight savings though. However that black and white interior does look gorgeous.

Its more for looks and comfort rather than weight savings/performance

bastardize lol

Why is it considered that when these seats are better than the seats in lambos and ferraris? This is probably the only mod we can put on a car that we can say is the best out there and that includes supercars as well.

I'm trying to get opinions based on looks and quality only not cost.

Clearly you aren't truly interested in hearing any opinions that contradict yours, so why bother asking? Why even concern yourself with the opinions of others on a purely aesthetic mod? At the end of the day, when it comes to your car, the only opinion that matters is yours. Unless, of course, you're only doing things to impress us all.

Clearly you aren't truly interested in hearing any opinions that contradict yours, so why bother asking? Why even concern yourself with the opinions of others on a purely aesthetic mod? At the end of the day, when it comes to your car, the only opinion that matters is yours. Unless, of course, you're only doing things to impress us all.

Oh its not that at all. Most people are just saying they wouldn't change it because its good as is or that they would rather spend their money on other things.

I was looking more of a oh thats stupid because you won't be able to sell the car as easily after. Or maybe just a thats ugly or thats nice.

Oh its not that at all. Most people are just saying they wouldn't change it because its good as is or that they would rather spend their money on other things.

I was looking more of a oh thats stupid because you won't be able to sell the car as easily after. Or maybe just a thats ugly or thats nice.

Don't you get it ?.....they just gave you their opinions..that is what you asked for!!...here's mine no I wouldn't change one thing in the GT500 int

and I like the regular seats in the GT500 more than the Recaros and yes this is my opinion.

Let's be frank folks...If money was no object Hell yeah I would buy these, I LOVE THE DIAMOND STITCHING!!! Unfortunately for most people MONEY IS AN OBJECT! Even for those loaded and priorities other than seats take precedence over seats in a car. 6K invested sounds better to me.

Don't you get it ?.....they just gave you their opinions..that is what you asked for!!...here's mine no I wouldn't change one thing in the GT500 int

and I like the regular seats in the GT500 more than the Recaros and yes this is my opinion.

+1

Let's be frank folks...If money was no object Hell yeah I would buy these, I LOVE THE DIAMOND STITCHING!!! Unfortunately for most people MONEY IS AN OBJECT! Even for those loaded and priorities other than seats take precedence over seats in a car. 6K invested sounds better to me.

Thats just it I could buy them if I wanted to thats if I had the GT500 but I think the regular seats in the car are just fine...as far as the diamond stitching

I saw enough of it in the 70's it was ok then but not now at least not in the Stangs...again JMO though.

I've just learned not to argue with you. I also wonder why you are commenting on base seats when I geared this towards recaro seats.

Well hey there are many people on here with around 10-15k invested in their shelbys. And another couple hundred buying 30k or more super snakes when half of that goes soley to the name. So if shelby's name alone is worth 15k why couldn't these be worth 6k? Especially since I find it interesting everyone has forgotten that if you were to switch to these you could sell your regular recaros for 3k so there is half the cost gone right there. Take a 10 percent discount off the seats and now they are only 2500 out of pocket.

Though I don't like the lack of side air bag. They told me its like that because then they would have to actual crash cars and do testing and the guy wasn't willing to do that. But yes 6k invested in stock or something like that is always a better idea. But sometimes the happiness you get out of something makes it worth it. Though there are some on here who would disagree.

I've just learned not to argue with you. I also wonder why you are commenting on base seats when I geared this towards recaro seats.

I also meant recaro seats when I said I wouldn't change a thing with the GT500's int..the factory done a great job IMO..now was that geared to

your liking ?

To be clear in this discussion, the Recaro seat option that comes in the GT500 from Ford has side airbags in the seat, correct?

For both driver and passenger side?

-Pockdog

Not sure about the airbags Pocdog but I do know that the recaros don't come powered.

I do like the CF on the back of them. I dont care for the looks of the diamond stitching. I think it looks like it belongs in a 60's car or a Rolls or Bently or something.

It all comes down to personal preference however. The Recaros dont fit a big guy like me comfortably very well.

I do like the CF on the back of them. I dont care for the looks of the diamond stitching. I think it looks like it belongs in a 60's car or a Rolls or Bently or something.

It all comes down to personal preference however. The Recaros dont fit a big guy like me comfortably very well.

I said they can come in any combination you can imagine. Here are some other pics.

http://forums.corvette.com/c6-z06-discussion/2667238-another-z-with-a-caravaggio-interior-and-daytona-seats.html

http://www.luxury4play.com/american-auto/81768-another-zr1-caravaggio-interior.html

http://www.luxury4play.com/american-auto/52357-zr1-interior-caravaggio-corvettes.html

And this is a custom viper that was done

http://www.luxury4play.com/american-auto/52474-viper-interior-caravaggio-corvettes.html

Archived