TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OEM KR Stripe Package Availible?

I'm looking into purchasing a KR in the next year and I am interested to know that if the stripes have been removed off of the car, can an OEM stripe replacement package be ordered for the KR? Someone who is interested in selling to me when I'll be looking to buy next spring has removed the stripes. If I purchase that car I may leave it as is since it doesn't look half bad, but I would like to have the original stripes on hand just in case I ever need them.

Thanks!

I'm looking into purchasing a KR in the next year and I am interested to know that if the stripes have been removed off of the car, can an OEM stripe replacement package be ordered for the KR? Someone who is interested in selling to me when I'll be looking to buy next spring has removed the stripes. If I purchase that car I may leave it as is since it doesn't look half bad, but I would like to have the original stripes on hand just in case I ever need them.

Thanks!

Yes, they are available.

For stock and pricing, call Kameron at 702-405-3500.

Jer

I'm curious what KR owner would ever remove the stripes in the first place? What would be their reason for doing that?

I don't know the car or the owner, but can only assume they prefer the "stripe delete" look.

When I get a Ford GT in the near future, it too will be a stripe delete...and the first new gen Shelby I ordered in back in 2006 (2007MY) was also a stripe delete...that being said, my 08KR has retained its stripes as has my GTH..and they will always remain so..

I'm curious what KR owner would ever remove the stripes in the first place? What would be their reason for doing that?

Yeah if you believe that then you'll believe that his wife will let him buy one too ! :hysterical2: Personally I like the KR without the OTT stripes just like Shelby did back in 68' :rockon:

I thought it was kind of ridiculous to remove them too, but the more I look at it I do appreciate what it looks like with nothing cluttering the beautiful silver paint. I'm not a big stripe fan to begin with, so I'm not sure if I'd leave them off or install them again.

There was a silver KR out there, now in San Antonio, Tx that was modified with carbon fiber looking stripes. I wondered if, assuming the owner wanted to, it could be returned to OEM KR stripes. Good to know we can get these stripes if needed. Roughly how much does the set run?

• 2 weeks later...

Last month I discovered a small scratch on the roof of my black 08KR. After finding the right body shop to repair it, the tech there said in order to fix it the right way, (and for me to be happy) the stripe needed to be removed. The shop contacted Shelby (Las Vegas) about ordering the replacement stripe.The Shelby rep informed them that I (the KR owner) needed to contact them. The Shelby rep told me that a KR stripe is NOT an OEM part and it is exclusive to the KR's. Here's what I learned.

To replace KR parts the KR owner must;

1. Contact Warranty, Ford Racing (FR.) (FR.) fwrnty@ford.com

2. Send them an email that contains your name, address, phone number, discription of the damage, picture of the damage part, VIN# of your KR.

3. Ford SVT will at this point validate that your the KR owner and approve Shelby (Las Vegas) to sell you the KR part.

4. Ford SVT will then contact you with a point of contact for Shelby and the part# so you can order the part.

BTW, each roof stripe (left and right) was a $100.00 each. Hope this helps.

Jack

Last month I discovered a small scratch on the roof of my black 08KR. After finding the right body shop to repair it, the tech there said in order to fix it the right way, (and for me to be happy) the stripe needed to be removed. The shop contacted Shelby (Las Vegas) about ordering the replacement stripe.The Shelby rep informed them that I (the KR owner) needed to contact them. The Shelby rep told me that a KR stripe is NOT an OEM part and it is exclusive to the KR's. Here's what I learned.

To replace KR parts the KR owner must;

1. Contact Warranty, Ford Racing (FR.) (FR.) fwrnty@ford.com

2. Send them an email that contains your name, address, phone number, discription of the damage, picture of the damage part, VIN# of your KR.

3. Ford SVT will at this point validate that your the KR owner and approve Shelby (Las Vegas) to sell you the KR part.

4. Ford SVT will then contact you with a point of contact for Shelby and the part# so you can order the part.

BTW, each roof stripe (left and right) was a $100.00 each. Hope this helps.

Jack

Did you contact Wendy at Shelby? I find it difficult to believe Ford needs to be involved. Maybe a new rep at Shelby has his wires crossed.

Did you contact Wendy at Shelby? I find it difficult to believe Ford needs to be involved. Maybe a new rep at Shelby has his wires crossed.

Kameron now handles warranty/restricted items at SPP.

And believe it, Ford INSISTS that they be involved in any sale of parts like this. All part of maintaining the authenticity of the KR cars.

Jer

While we await the official product from Shelby some day, I had an empty frame so I whipped this up for my office......minus the VIN for this posting of course. I think the real deal would be a fantastic mate to have along with the Shelby Authenticity Certificate!

The Shelby Registry will soon be offering lots of great new items for Shelby owners. Stay tuned.

Jer

You guys see this one…

A completely blacked out KR with the stripes removed. Looks good but I think it needs the stripes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53effe59e6

It's interesting that whomever had it added the NAV to the Shaker 1000 or vice versa. I'm personally not a fan of the all blacked out theme. I like a little contrast.

You guys see this one…

A completely blacked out KR with the stripes removed. Looks good but I think it needs the stripes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item53effe59e6

I saw that on there looking for one last week. I think that what they did to that car looks cheap.

Window lovers and the blacked out emblems do not belong on it.

The car came from the factory with a Shaker 1000 so I guess they just added the Nav HU

The stripes look nice. But....always a but....when taking the car in for a wax detail, be prepared to pay a boatload in extra labor. All those vinyls have to be taped so as not to get any wax under the vinyl.

Wax on or under the vinyl is devastating to the vinyl. It looks good...but it is a matter of personal preference of clean look vs. a lot of vinyl. On a black KR, it is subdued so doesn't pop so much.

If you do get any wax on the vinyl, it must be removed immediately. Asking a detailed for such meticulousness is asking a lot. In order to do it right, they will have to tape everything. Labor cost will be much higher than a car with no vinyl.

I saw that on there looking for one last week. I think that what they did to that car looks cheap.

Window lovers and the blacked out emblems do not belong on it.

The car came from the factory with a Shaker 1000 so I guess they just added the Nav HU

Agreed. Look at the final bidding to see that what was done to this great car was not a good idea. Blacking everything out seems like a great idea but it does look cheap. And, $8000 wheels or not, they aren't the Shelby Alcoas that belong on the car. Goes to show that Shelby and his team knew what they were doing and there's not much else that needs to be done to improve on it. Just my opinion though...

• 1 month later...

While we await the official product from Shelby some day, I had an empty frame so I whipped this up for my office......minus the VIN for this posting of course. I think the real deal would be a fantastic mate to have along with the Shelby Authenticity Certificate!

photo.jpg

What is the diffenece in the two silver colors (if any)

Very nice! How can I place my order with you? Lol

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is a paint code that coincides with the blue stripes on the KR. I believe this has been brought up before but I do not recall the answer.

I know someone who has it. I'll see if I can remember to get it for you next time I see him. It's a MOPAR color code, not a Ford color code.

Phill

Archived