2014 Mustang production

frydguy79

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great reading, can't stop laughing. :happy feet: :hysterical2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ordered my 2014 last friday, should have vin in a week. Oxford white/black stripes. SVT package and recaros. Hopefully here in July. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Been a week and a bit, got a vin yet? ( fastest order to vin ever is so :P )

Been a week and a bit, got a vin yet? ( fastest order to vin ever is so :P )
Yep, got the VIN on May 17 and a window sticker May 25 with a scheduled build date of June 10 and I think a dealer ETA of 28 June. It is going to be a Monday car lol. Can't wait, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Yep, got the VIN on May 17 and a window sticker May 25 with a scheduled build date of June 10 and I think an dealer ETA of 28 June. It is going to be a Monday car lol. Can't wait, feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Right on! I ordered May 2nd and still nothing!! :rant2::banghead:

Right on! I ordered May 2nd and still nothing!! :rant2::banghead:

That sucks, I'd get with the dealer. Should have a vin by now.

I just ordered my Shelby this past Friday. I sure hope it gets here before it starts to snow!!!!!

I hope so too, it would be a shame to get it and have to store it. It would drive me bonkers not being able to drive it. :angry22:

Hopsgt500 you're my good luck charm! got VIN today (dealer must have had it for a week or so, invoice date was May 20th) Build date is tomorrow May 28th :yahoo:

Now I just pray it doesn't sit round waiting for a train ride north :wacko:

Hopsgt500 you're my good luck charm! got VIN today (dealer must have had it for a week or so, invoice date was May 20th) Build date is tomorrow May 28th :yahoo:

Not sure about being a good luck charm lol, but that is great news for sure. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Did you by chance pull up the window sticker? You can go to this website and take a look at it. (provided you haven't done so already) http://www.researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Not sure about being a good luck charm lol, but that is great news for sure. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Did you by chance pull up the window sticker? You can go to this website and take a look at it. (provided you haven't done so already) http://www.researchm...icker/Ford.html

yup, pulled the window sticker from vin, that's where I got the build info from. Not going to be able to sleep tonight! :sing_rain:

Anyone know how long the build takes all the way through to finished product ready for shipping??

I will say after all these years of GT500 builds, there are two things that never change-

1. There is never a shortage of opinions and hearsay over the future of the GT500

2. Dumbass salesmen at most dealers use every trick in the book to get you to "buy now before it is too late"

I won't buy a GT500 again until it is in its final year of production, and Shelby American despite what some guy earlier said about some tour guide telling him, does not, and will not hold the rights to build the GT500 nameplate. They currently build the GT350, and until that contract expires, will have the right to do so. Super snake is a nameplate that SA owns, and I would expect that there will be a plan in place if any of these models come to an end. I would be shocked to see a gt500 produced in the new body style, but I've been shocked before.

I will say after all these years of GT500 builds, there are two things that never change-

1. There is never a shortage of opinions and hearsay over the future of the GT500

2. Dumbass salesmen at most dealers use every trick in the book to get you to "buy now before it is too late"

I won't buy a GT500 again until it is in its final year of production, and Shelby American despite what some guy earlier said about some tour guide telling him, does not, and will not hold the rights to build the GT500 nameplate. They currently build the GT350, and until that contract expires, will have the right to do so. Super snake is a nameplate that SA owns, and I would expect that there will be a plan in place if any of these models come to an end. I would be shocked to see a gt500 produced in the new body style, but I've been shocked before.

Shelby not Ford owns the rights to GT500 and GT350.

Shelby not Ford owns the rights to GT500 and GT350.

That's not at all accurate, if you are meaning Shelby American. Shelby American has current rights to Super Snake and the GT350, but even that may change in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the word, did it arrive yet? :banvictory:

I ordered mine April 11 and still no vin as of two weeks ago, the last time I checked. 2014 Mustang production is temporarily idle according to info in another thread.

Something doesn't seem right. You should have had a vin about a week after the order and the info about production being temporarily stopped is correct but I think that starts the last week of June. Definitely get with the dealer about it, be persistant

Something doesn't seem right. You should have had a vin about a week after the order and the info about production being temporarily stopped is correct but I think that starts the last week of June. Definitely get with the dealer about it, be persistant

Ford doesn't make VIN's visible until vehicle is 7-10 days out from production...

There used to be a way. Security measures have changed, so your dealer will have to do it unless you are in some industry with trace capabilities or know someone with them. A shame, cuz i really enjoyed that part of my 2008 gt500 purchase. This time I don't care. Lets just say my Shelby buying excitement has been ruined by past experiences. I still love my cars, just not the effort it takes to get it built.

There used to be a way. Security measures have changed, so your dealer will have to do it unless you are in some industry with trace capabilities or know someone with them. A shame, cuz i really enjoyed that part of my 2008 gt500 purchase. This time I don't care. Lets just say my Shelby buying excitement has been ruined by past experiences. I still love my cars, just not the effort it takes to get it built.

True, I used to be able to track any car with the VIN when it hit the rail yard, but I can only track my orders now. Frankly, the rail information is only FRUSTRATING at best. I watched my personal car on a daily (if not hourly) basis for three weeks, and while some days it would move steadily towards its home, others it would sit idle... making the wait nearly unbearable. In retrospect, I think it better to just one day get a call saying "ITS HERE"!

Shame for sure, the order/buying experience should be exciting.

True, I used to be able to track any car with the VIN when it hit the rail yard, but I can only track my orders now. Frankly, the rail information is only FRUSTRATING at best. I watched my personal car on a daily (if not hourly) basis for three weeks, and while some days it would move steadily towards its home, others it would sit idle... making the wait nearly unbearable. In retrospect, I think it better to just one day get a call saying "ITS HERE"!

Yeah, I can see where tracking it like that would drive a person nuts. I think I will just relax and enjoy the anticipation of the arrival.

Ford doesn't make VIN's visible until vehicle is 7-10 days out from production...

Not true, my order was placed on May 9th and my vin was avail May 17th. My production date was 10 June.

Vins are usually available 4 to 6 weeks before build. Window sticker are not available until 7 to 10 days before build.

Iceman5000,

Thank you...

• 2 weeks later...

Got some good news yesterday about my car on order since April 11th. The guy that does the ordering said he had just spoke with a Ford rep, 10 minutes before I came in, and that everything is on track and that he would have confirmation from Ford this Friday. Then the serial and build date would be issued the following Friday which will be July 5th.

Last visit with him a month ago he said it was only a 50/50 chance I would get the car through normal channels but if allocations became an issue he said he could still get it by obtaining an allocation from a dealer that wasn't going to use all theirs. He went on to say that production would soon be stopping to tool up for the new model year. So if you are still on the fence about ordering, assuming this guy knows what he is talking about, you better get your order placed or it may soon be too late. If the Mustang production is shut down for all of July it's looking like mine may be built in August.

Archived