TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT under 3 feet of water. : (

StratGirl

Unfortunate news regarding your Shelby GT ... as mentioned in other posts, the main thing is that you're OK (cars can be replaced). Hope everything works out insurance-wise and you're able to pick up another Shelby to enjoy for years to come!

Thanks for all of the advice. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but internet has been down and was just restored.

My Shelby GT was officially totaled today by Geico. They're cutting me a check for $33,320.72. Now I need to figure out what to buy next.

They're picking her up in the next 24 hours. I'm going to take as much of the unaffected mods off as I can (Carroll Shelby signature on airbag cover, etc.), and I guess sell them since I have no more need for them.

Should I take off the dash plaque? Or leave it for whoever tries to recycle the car? Should I put the Shelby registry certificate in the glove box? Or be merciless and totally strip the car?

May want to ask one of the registry folks. Was it salt water or fresh? Your mods, you never know you may purchase another Shelby, those mods may just come in handy. No more original signature for one.

Also glad you are in recovery mode, take care

Depends what Geico did before they totalled it. Did they take pictures of the car? I'd be careful to strip too much off as once they cut you a check it's their car. This is coming from my wife the insurance agent. For example, if you take off the air bag cover I'd make sure you have another one to put back place. If you have a good agent maybe you could say you have some sentimental items you'd like to remove from the car. Good luck.

Thanks for all of the advice. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but internet has been down and was just restored.

Its good to hear your insurance gave you no headache. I would hold off in buying a car till all areas are secured from flooding. Or if you can keep the car on high ground like my moms house is one of the highest points on Staten Island. So your welcome to use the side driveway or anyone else who is level to the sea. Let me know and good luck

My Shelby GT was officially totaled today by Geico. They're cutting me a check for $33,320.72. Now I need to figure out what to buy next.

They're picking her up in the next 24 hours. I'm going to take as much of the unaffected mods off as I can (Carroll Shelby signature on airbag cover, etc.), and I guess sell them since I have no more need for them.

Should I take off the dash plaque? Or leave it for whoever tries to recycle the car? Should I put the Shelby registry certificate in the glove box? Or be merciless and totally strip the car?

• 3 weeks later...

They did'nt waste any time..........I've already seen this car at the salvage pool........it's not up for sale yet but pics are up.........Glad to hear that your ok and sorry to hear about your car but it can deafinately be replaced........sounds like the insurance company was kind to you which usually in catastrophe situations they are.......Goodluck!!!

Archived