TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang/GT500 Production Schedule

lsquared

I just found out on Saturday that the car I ordered will be one of the first ones on the 2014 line. I asked them if it will have the flat black stripes that I ordered or gloss black stripes ? The dealer said it will be built the way I ordered it ! I guess we will see B)

It's my understanding that 2014 scheduling doesn't start until Dec 17th, can you ask your dealer how he knows when the car will be built?

t-red04snake, what year did you order? 2013 or 2014? And if it's '14 did they give you an approx delivery date? My dealer up here in Quebec, Canada confirmed my 2014 order on November 20th for a Convertible, Race Red, Black Stripe, SVTPP, Recaro, Shaker Pro, Electric package(NAV). They tell me not to expect it before March 2013, can anyone tell me if March is a possibility? Before or hopefully not much after? Although here in Quebec we have a winter tire only law between Dec 15 - March 15, I'd love to make my first drive March 16th 2013

I ordered a 2013. Race red w/ Black stripes SVTPP, Nav, Shaker pro, & car cover. As of this past Saturday It was still unscheduled B) I do not know if it will have the heated seats that are standard now or not B)

Yes this waiting is very frustrating, I ordered my GT500 on the 29th May 2012 (along with a Boss 02) and my dealers Ford Rep still cannot get him a build date. I gave them both a big serve today and the Ford Rep has promised to have a response tomorrw for me. If they cannot give me a firm date I will look to buy off another dealer who has one (same spec's) on E - Bay for sale. My Boss 302 that I ordered at the same is scheduled for the 10th December but unless they get my Shelby date confirmed they will be told to stick the Boss. This is 7 months later, hello Mr. Ford what is happening!!!

• 3 months later...

Newbie here with probably a stupid question, but I just ordered (Mar.8/14) a 2014 GT500 vert grey/black stripes & I was wondering where you guys r getting the VIN number from so that u can track your build & allocation dates from the SVT team. Does the dealer get a VIN when they place the order & I get it from them? Thank-you very much in advance for enlightening me on this matter.

Newbie here with probably a stupid question, but I just ordered (Mar.8/14) a 2014 GT500 vert grey/black stripes & I was wondering where you guys r getting the VIN number from so that u can track your build & allocation dates from the SVT team. Does the dealer get a VIN when they place the order & I get it from them? Thank-you very much in advance for enlightening me on this matter.

In my case, I ordered on September 25 and the dealer called me with the VIN on November 7, so it took about six weeks to receive the VIN. He called later that week with the build date, which was December 17. But everybody's results are varied.

Rick

In my case, I ordered on September 25 and the dealer called me with the VIN on November 7, so it took about six weeks to receive the VIN. He called later that week with the build date, which was December 17. But everybody's results are varied.

Rick

Thx Rick

Al

Your dealer should have given you a order confirmation and it will have an order number and dealer number. You can call the SVT PH# 800 367-3788 and give them the order number and dealer number and they will update you on the progress of your 500. My 2013 took about 8 weeks from order to delivery but it was quicker than most orders. SVT told me when the VIN was available but I had to get the number from my dealer. You will be able to print the Window Sticker about 7-10 days prior to your build date. The build date is the day the car will be complete. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your car. You will love it. It is worth the wait.

I'm finding the turn around time is awesome on this car, I ordered it on Mar. 8th, got the VIN from the dealer on Mar. 22nd & called the SVT toll free number today (Mar. 25th) & they gave me a tentative build date of Apr. 8th. Throw in 3 or so weeks for delivery and I'll have my baby in 7 to 8 weeks from order to arrival, can't b!tch about that, my Dodge truck took 15 weeks & it wasn't a specialty vehicle. Go Ford!

dont get too excited . i ordered my car Oct 14th, build dec.15th, i got it delivered Feb 5th . The worst part was having to pay the first payment before the car arrived . The wait was worth it!!

Was it a Ford credit loan? I can't imagine my bank or credit union paying for a car before I had it delivered to me since that is normally considered when the transaction occurs. I have a VIN for my 2014 GT500, but my dealer won't be seeing more than the original $1,000 I put down until I'm signing paperwork and taking delivery of the car.

I agree with msw, I don't even sign the loan paperwork until I go to pick the car up & the first payment isn't usually due until 30 days after that. It still works out to the same number of payments, but I'd be a lil PO'd too about making payments on a car that I haven't even taken delivery of, I feel for u hotcar

the dealership wanted me to pay for the car first week in December . So the dealership can get credit for the car before the end of the year . Yes i went thur ford credit. First paymet was due Jan 31st . Car came Feb 5th . You do get a 10 day grace period for payments .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived