TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang/GT500 Production Schedule

lsquared

Does anyone on the forum actually work on the production line that builds the GT500 or have first hand knowledge of the schedule for production around the holidays? I'm sure there will be downtime around Thanksgiving and Christmas but have read that it could be for weeks. Just looking for a good source.

Call up UAW Local 3000, (734) 692-3490, they are the union that represents the Flat Rock Assembly Plant workers. Ask them about the down time in Nov for retooling and the Christmas/New Year holiday or you can call the Flat Rock Plant (734) 782-7800 and get it from the source, that's what I did.

Call up UAW Local 3000, (734) 692-3490, they are the union that represents the Flat Rock Assembly Plant workers. Ask them about the down time in Nov for retooling and the Christmas/New Year holiday or you can call the Flat Rock Plant (734) 782-7800 and get it from the source, that's what I did.

What exactly were you told ?

I just received the VIN for mine today. Called SVT this morning and was given a build date of 12/10. Placed the order on 10/19. Tried printing the window sticker and the VIN is not in the sytem. Maybe it takes awhile for everything to catch up. I was all excited to see my window sticker and then.....nothing. I will try again later, I did verify with the dealer that I have the correct number. He said it has to be in production to get the window sticker, don't think that is right. I will try again later.

My ford dealer had no idea how to print me a window sticker from the VIN. Mine is already built and awaiting transport. Is there a web site that will let you print the window sticker with a valid VIN ?

i was told you have to wait until about a week before build to pull and view the window sticker but here is the site I use:

http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html

Just told by one of my dealers "I made the allocation list." Dont know what that means, he had no info on build date. Ive had an order in since July.

I also have a deposit on another order from out of state, but havent heard anything about that one. Hoping to land one of these cars without being hit up for ADM.

I just received the VIN for mine today. Called SVT this morning and was given a build date of 12/10. Placed the order on 10/19. Tried printing the window sticker and the VIN is not in the sytem. Maybe it takes awhile for everything to catch up. I was all excited to see my window sticker and then.....nothing. I will try again later, I did verify with the dealer that I have the correct number. He said it has to be in production to get the window sticker, don't think that is right. I will try again later.

I have the same build date . It would make a nice Xmas present to myself . I'm hoping .

You placed the order October 19 and already have a build date? Wow, have had my order in Since July and nothing so far. Best regards!

WJ inLV, Haave you called SVT with your order number and dealer number? 800 367-3788

No, but I will. Thank You. Ive been calling the 2 dealers Im working with. One finally said Im on the allocation list?? But he said that when I was #23 on the order list in July. The other dealer has no new info for me, but Ive only placed that order last month.

No, but I will. Thank You. Ive been calling the 2 dealers Im working with. One finally said Im on the allocation list?? But he said that when I was #23 on the order list in July. The other dealer has no new info for me, but Ive only placed that order last month.

Forgot to tell you, when you call choose option 1

WJ inLV, Haave you called SVT with your order number and dealer number? 800 367-3788

I called SVT. Thanks for the #

The dealer I gave a deposit to last month: SVT says its in "ordered" status. I will call back in a few weeks to check if it has progressed.

The dealer I gave a deposit to 4 months ago: SVT has no record at all. Might have to ask for the deposit back.

I just got the news today that my car has been scheduled for the week of Jan 7. It looks like I will be getting one of the last 2013's built. I am happy and a little sad. I'm happy that after waiting since May, it will finally be built, sad that it will be a year old car one week after it is built. A little over 7 months from order to build plus delivery.

On a positive note, for those wondering if Ford is still handing out allocations, my dealer got the one for my car about two weeks ago. So there is still hope for those waiting.

It looks like if your car does not get scheduled by the end of next week, it won't be built as a 2013MY, hopefully it will get bumped to a 2014MY.

Good luck to those still waiting, I'm pulling for you.

I just got the news today that my car has been scheduled for the week of Jan 7. It looks like I will be getting one of the last 2013's built. I am happy and a little sad. I'm happy that after waiting since May, it will finally be built, sad that it will be a year old car one week after it is built. A little over 7 months from order to build plus delivery.

On a positive note, for those wondering if Ford is still handing out allocations, my dealer got the one for my car about two weeks ago. So there is still hope for those waiting.

It looks like if your car does not get scheduled by the end of next week, it won't be built as a 2013MY, hopefully it will get bumped to a 2014MY.

Good luck to those still waiting, I'm pulling for you.

Well I am glad to hear you finally got some information on you car. What I want to know is what are you going to use to fill the big indentation in your wall where you have been beating your head? At least you can still drive in those "Winter" months. Hope all goes smooth for you. I know that is a long wait. Longest I ever waited for a car was 9 months for my 1974 American Motors Javelin AMX. Seemed like forever.

Thanks,

As far as the hole in the wall, I prefer to think of it as a viewing portal. Now I can watch the television in the living room from the comfort of my bedroom.

I figure that my car will arrive at the dealership on a truck loaded with 2014 Mustangs. If I thought that I would get a 2014 in a timely manner, I would cancel the 2013 and go for the 2014 The way it looks now, the 2014 GT500's won't hit the dealers until at least April or May.

I put my order in for a Race Red Convertible with Black Stripes on Oct. 3rd and resigned myself to have to wait until sometime next year for it. Then I get my VIN. # and build date of Dec. 17th. on Oct. 29th. I called SVT to confirm it and they did. In my excitement I made the off handed comment that "you guys must finally have your act together." After a split second of wondering if he must be thinking "what is this wise ass talking about" he replied by saying, "Yeah things are moving along alot faster now." NICE!

Got My Build Date of 12/3 and VIN...so happy, didnt know if it was gonna happen.

WJinLV - Congrats on the build date. looks like we are trading up from the same vehicle? Did you get the same colors again? My build date was Oct. 23rd. Car got to Mesquite, Texas this Monday - the end of the rail line for WestTexas. Now waiting for it to make the 3 hour truck ride to my dealer. Pretty sure i am calling them twice a day at this point.

WJinLV - Congrats on the build date. looks like we are trading up from the same vehicle? Did you get the same colors again? My build date was Oct. 23rd. Car got to Mesquite, Texas this Monday - the end of the rail line for WestTexas. Now waiting for it to make the 3 hour truck ride to my dealer. Pretty sure i am calling them twice a day at this point.

Thanks, its actually my first Shelby. Ive had the pic on my name since I joined, knew thats the color I wanted. I like the classic look and color combo, dont want any new Euro styled pseudoStang.

I got Performance White with Blue stripes and the SVT performance package. Didnt need any other options. Whats yours?

Thanks, its actually my first Shelby. Ive had the pic on my name since I joined, knew thats the color I wanted. I like the classic look and color combo, dont want any new Euro styled pseudoStang.

I got Performance White with Blue stripes and the SVT performance package. Didnt need any other options. Whats yours?

Mine is a Deep Impact Blue convertible with White stripes, also a classic Shelby color combo, and the reverse of my current one. Have struggled mightily, second guessing the switch repeatedly for the past 5 months. Should be here in the next day or two, so i'll know for sure if i made the right choice.

I'm excited, I just recieved my vin#. I called SVT and they have my build date as Dec 17th.

It will be a nice late Christmas present.

Same here. Ordered Oct. 3rd build date recieved on Oct 29th for Dec. 17th. Verified through SVT. Look out here we go!

Same here. Ordered Oct. 3rd build date recieved on Oct 29th for Dec. 17th. Verified through SVT. Look out here we go!

Thats cool, They both should roll out about the same time....Crazy with anticipation!

Thats cool, They both should roll out about the same time....Crazy with anticipation!

Me too. My only concern was that I wanted all black seats, but with the stripe you have to get the stripe color in the seats. Been reading posts about the lighter colors getting stained, hope that doesnt happen with the blue.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out on Saturday that the car I ordered will be one of the first ones on the 2014 line. I asked them if it will have the flat black stripes that I ordered or gloss black stripes ? The dealer said it will be built the way I ordered it ! I guess we will see B)

t-red04snake, what year did you order? 2013 or 2014? And if it's '14 did they give you an approx delivery date? My dealer up here in Quebec, Canada confirmed my 2014 order on November 20th for a Convertible, Race Red, Black Stripe, SVTPP, Recaro, Shaker Pro, Electric package(NAV). They tell me not to expect it before March 2013, can anyone tell me if March is a possibility? Before or hopefully not much after? Although here in Quebec we have a winter tire only law between Dec 15 - March 15, I'd love to make my first drive March 16th 2013

Archived