TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripe Tear - HELP

Hussman

After I took my baby home I notice a VERY VERY small tear on one of the hood stripes. :cry:

I know it happened during the prep phase because I drove the car home from the holding area and purposely went over EVERY inch of the stripes to make sure this would not happen.

Anyway,...the only way you can see it is if you almost put your eyeball on the thing as it really is not noticable,....but I am crazy like alot of the great and super smart people in the OA and would like to fix it but don't need to make a big fuss like restripeing it or whatever.

Is there anything I can do or just live with it? I already told the dealer and will show them the next time I go by, but I have more faith in everyone on this site.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

After I took my baby home I notice a VERY VERY small tear on one of the hood stripes. :cry:

I know it happened during the prep phase because I drove the car home from the holding area and purposely went over EVERY inch of the stripes to make sure this would not happen.

Anyway,...the only way you can see it is if you almost put your eyeball on the thing as it really is not noticable,....but I am crazy like alot of the great and super smart people in the OA and would like to fix it but don't need to make a big fuss like restripeing it or whatever.

Is there anything I can do or just live with it? I already told the dealer and will show them the next time I go by, but I have more faith in everyone on this site.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

If it's that small, here's what I'd do.

Take photos. Take the car to your dealer and have them note it in their records, but tell them you don't need them to do anything to it at this time...you'll only seek remedy if it gets worse. Get something in writing from them stating that they noted the small tear.

Dave

If it's that small, here's what I'd do.

Take photos. Take the car to your dealer and have them note it in their records, but tell them you don't need them to do anything to it at this time...you'll only seek remedy if it gets worse. Get something in writing from them stating that they noted the small tear.

Dave

If you're not interested in a complete stripe replacement (for the effected portion of the car), I agree with Dave. Take it to the dealer and have them document the issue and committ to fixing it, if it gets worse. They will typically want to put a date limit on a statement like this. Which is normal. They can't leave something like this open ended, for someone to come back in 20 years and request new stripes.

On the other hand, you could always staple it down on all four sides! :hysterical::hysterical:

Just kidding.

HSURB

My stripe was messed up by the dealer during prep. I have had two differant people try to put on a new stripe on the hood and both times the stripe ripped. The dealer is going to try it again next week. I hope they get it right or we might need to send somrone up from ford to fix it

If it were mine, I'd probably not do anything about it. If it's so small that you can't see it unless you get down and look really hard, I'd just consider it to be part of my car's personality. The suggestion about documenting it at your dealer is a good one though- just in case it gets bigger in the near future.

If it does get bigger after few years, I'd take it to a good paint shop and have some stripes painted on. I don't particularly like how the vinal ones go around the license plate recess. It seems like they should go right straight down through it.

Alloy & HSURB - thanks for the advice. Good idea about documenting with the dealer just in case. Its too small to take off and go through the agony of re-stripe.

dtgoods - good luck and keep us posted. What a pain in the..... :banghead:

150man - yeah painted stripes is the way to go if it gets worse in the years to come. I wish they had done that in the first place but we all know why.... I guess I shouldn't be too worried about such a small imperfection. Believe it or not, I'm not perfect either!

THANKS GUYS

Archived